david8613

Carry permits in other states, question?

Some states issue non-resident carry permits which are recognized by other states. For example Virginia requires (among other methods):

"Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor."

I am not sure about this particular site but it seems you should be able to get a carry permit by completing an online course.

NJ residents can apply for non-resident carry permits in a number of states. States have different requirements. For example you have to travel to TX to get that state's license. For UT you need a class which is offered out of state. Some places require a proficiency test, others don't. Go to usacarry.com under "maps" to see what's available, then research the individual states. UT, TX, FL nonresident permits allow you to carry in a bunch of states. Others are more restrictive. 

That online site seems to be directing you to the Virginia license. You don't have to go through the website, however. You can download the relevant forms, obtain fingerprints and proof of training, and bingo. 

Florida will accept a hunters education completion cert that you needed in NJ to obtain a hunting license. I sent a copy of mine from 1972.

I just requested the forms from Florida's website and did it on my own. Very simple, cert, passport pics, fingerprints (card supplied in packet)  and a check.

Florida also issues out of State carry licenses. Just download the application online, fill it out, get a passport photo at your local drug store, and a set of fingerprints using the cards FL will mail you if you request them. When you have the completed application, fingerprints and picture, add proof of taking a gun course and mail it to them. In FL, all military veterans do not need to attend any gun classes.