PD2K

What's Everyone Buying Before New Democratic Governor Is Elected

I'm thinking new house in new state.

N.J. Candidate for Governor Plans First-in-U.S. "Office of Immigrant Protection"

http://license.icopyright.net/user/viewFreeUse.act?fuid=MjQ2MTIzNjI=

Oh for chrissakes... :icon_rolleyes: As the late, great Bob Grant used to say, "It's sick out there and getting sicker."

As for what to buy before we get a Dem Gov, I'm definitely gonna stock up on ammo. If the new regime outlaws anything I already own, well, hell...I completely forgot where I put that thing. Oh well. Not only the left can #resist.

I'm thinking new house in new state.

N.J. Candidate for Governor Plans First-in-U.S. "Office of Immigrant Protection"

http://license.icopyright.net/user/viewFreeUse.act?fuid=MjQ2MTIzNjI=

Immigrants don't need protection. He means dreamers, eh um, undocumented immigrants, but really there just illegals. Howard, that's s huge voting base for dumbocrats.

I won't buy anything, but i will rent a moving truck. My gf was offered a programming job in PA (Where she lives), and I'm planning to go back to school most likely in PA as well.

Unless she ends up taking the job with liberty mutual, in which case I'd be going to Boston. But all the guns I'm concerned about are all old milsurps, so I'd bring them with me, and likely not have too much issue. I'll just leave the AR and Sig226 back in NJ until she gets to transfer back to PA.

Gun-wise, I'm still just buying the stuff I always buy, milsurps, and the occasional modern "military-style" gun. I did say if Trump won, then I'd buy the M1A I've always wanted and name it "The Donald". So if anyone sees any deals on one of those, let me know.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Mossberg shockwave

Stripped lowers

Magazines

The problem with this is that unlike the federal AWB there would be no grandfathering, so you wouldn't be able to use all that after the ban. You can stash it in your safe or move it out of state, but it be be useless in NJ. If they put in a grandfathering clause then it makes sense, but that is highly doubtful in this ass backwards state. It probably makes more financial sense to buy 10 round mags now, before the rush, move your 15 round mags out of state, and get out of the state when possible. This is not a defeatist attitude, this is just a logical way of thinking to stay legal until I can move to PA, 2.5 years and counting. And yes, all my soon to be illegal items are going to my cousins house in PA, once they become illegal here.

4 minutes ago, sota said:

point of order:

it's only illegal if you get caught, or ratted out.

I'm not taking that chance. Are you?

Let's look at the options:

Option 1

Keep all your stuff that WILL become illegal, can't use it anyway, must STILL buy LEGAL stuff to be able to enjoy time at the range. Take a chance of being caught, spend 10s of thousands on legal fees, possibly end up in prison and never be able to enjoy your 2A rights for the rest of your life.

Option 2

Keep all your stuff that WILL become illegal, BUT store it out of state, must STILL buy LEGAL stuff to enjoy time at the range. Stay LEGAL without risking legal problems. Get the hell out of NJ first chance you get. Be reunited with all your stuff once you are in a free state.

I choose option 2

• Like 1

I don't know about you, but when has anyone ever come into your house to jot down a list of everything you owned?  Why would that start now?

Unless you're into some shady shit and deserve to have your house searched for contraband, I don't think there's much to worry about?

• Like 3