PD2K

What's Everyone Buying Before New Democratic Governor Is Elected

9 minutes ago, fatty said:

I don't know about you, but when has anyone ever come into your house to jot down a list of everything you owned?  Why would that start now?

Unless you're into some shady shit and deserve to have your house searched for contraband, I don't think there's much to worry about?

There are a variety of potential scenarios that could result in contraband being discovered. Eg house fire, home theft investigation, domestic dispute, child issues, you drop dead and your heirs now own contraband without them realizing it, .....and so on.  Admittedly each is low risk, but stuff happens.

7 hours ago, MartyZ said:

The problem with this is that unlike the federal AWB there would be no grandfathering, so you wouldn't be able to use all that after the ban. You can stash it in your safe or move it out of state, but it be be useless in NJ. 

Says who?

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Ray said:

Show me one piece of legislation of anything anti gun RIGHT NOW

Just take a look at all the anti gun bills Christy vetoed, those same bills will most likely be re-introduced after January. How many of them have a grandfather clause?

1 minute ago, MartyZ said:

Just take a look at all the anti gun bills Christy vetoed, those same bills will most likely be re-introduced after January. How many of them have a grandfather clause?

If California can't pass anti gun legislation because of the circuit courts and the supreme court, what makes you think they can do it here?

Not only that, but I REALLY DON'T GIVE A FUCK.   

I WILL NOT COMPLY 

I, along with many here, was in Trenton during the anti gun legislation and that was AND IS our stance.  It probably isn't a stance many here would take, as they are fair weather 2A supporters, but it's one I take. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

If California can't pass anti gun legislation because of the circuit courts and the supreme court, what makes you think they can do it here?

Not only that, but I REALLY DON'T GIVE A FUCK.   

I WILL NOT COMPLY 

I, along with many here, was in Trenton during the anti gun legislation and that was AND IS our stance.  It probably isn't a stance many here would take, as they are fair weather 2A supporters, but it's one I take. 

You keep saying "I WILL NOT COMPLY", are you saying you will be taking your 15 round mags to the range if they implement a 10 round limit, or will you keep them in your safe collecting dust? Do you take 30 round mags to the range today???

If you are going to keep them in the safe, as most will end up doing, then what use are they?

16 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Show me one piece of legislation of anything anti gun RIGHT NOW

Sorry but "Getting Tough on Gun Violence" is literally the top row of issues on Murphy's website. In my district the political ads for state assembly were about gun control, no idea why. But it's going to be an issue, a big issue, and there's going to be a giant stack of gun control bills on the table by no later than April 2018.

The anti-gunners thought they won back in 1993 or whatever. They thought when they put down "Avtomat Kalashnikov type" and "Colt AR-15 type" that they had gotten their once-and-for-good ban. They did not anticipate the game of two-feature counts, wood blocks inside of welded magazines, companies making a variant that doesn't have a flash hider, so on and so forth. 

This time around (post Sandy Hook) they got a lot "smarter" - set an 8 round magazine limit because they only come in increments of 5, 10, 30 etc. Require those fish man grips and magazine keys. Has anyone here ever held an AK-variant with a fish man grip on it? Ever tried using one of those bullet buttons on an AR? It makes the rifle pretty much unusable. Remember all those endless internet arguments over the superior ergonomics of the AR-15? Yeah, they're a moot point when you're holding onto a 1.5" nub, with your face rested on the buffer tube and a key on your belt to swap magazines. I found the fish man to make it so awkward to hold that I kind of felt it was unsafe altogether. This time around they're going to word things a lot differently, and catch a lot more in the net.

However, I feel like this time around the big thing is going to be mental health evaluations, mental health screenings, etc. Pro-gun advocates have used the "there's a mental health problem, not a gun control problem" for decades and now the anti are going to ram those words back down their throats. "What, so you're against mental health checks? You said you were!" And now you've got some "psychologist" asking you trick questions at your tri-annual screening and bam, there goes your gun collection. 

I have to stress that this is not paranoia. Look at the news, there is a growing national controversy over psychologists and doctors approving irreversible hormonal blockers and sterilization on children as young as three years old in the name of transgender rights. These people are sick and can't be allowed to determine who is fit for a damn shoe size, let alone a constitutional right. 

So yeah, some pretty restrictive stuff is coming, and it's not a good idea to ignore it. It's time to get together some sort of in-state RKBA organization, pool together money for lawsuits, etc. Time for conservatives to do something conservative and help themselves, not rely on outside orgs, or outside courts, who are not going to help them. 

6 hours ago, fatty said:

I don't know about you, but when has anyone ever come into your house to jot down a list of everything you owned?  Why would that start now?

Unless you're into some shady shit and deserve to have your house searched for contraband, I don't think there's much to worry about?

A case could be made that, you being a gun owner, are already into some "shady shit", since They get to determine what qualifies as "shady shit."  It's analogous to the "I smelled pot" excuse.

Just now, sota said:

A case could be made that, you being a gun owner, are already into some "shady shit", since They get to determine what qualifies as "shady shit."  It's analogous to the "I smelled pot" excuse.

Speaking of pot, that's gonna be a lot less revenue from fines, and empty beds in the jails. I wonder if the state will start looking to fill those beds with a new batch of people. Maybe they could criminalize something common and play a little game...hmmm...

1 minute ago, mossburger said:

Speaking of pot, that's gonna be a lot less revenue from fines, and empty beds in the jails. I wonder if the state will start looking to fill those beds with a new batch of people. Maybe they could criminalize something common and play a little game...hmmm...

Tax revenue from all the legal sales.  Look at the sales numbers from Colorado.  If you tax that even at normal rates you're looking at metric fucktons of cash. Plus you'll probably have to pay to get your Weed Card... the one with the bar code or mag stripe on it, that'll allow them to track how much weed you buy.

6 minutes ago, mossburger said:

That’s not revenue, that’s expenditure...

jeebus you people are loosing your shit

29 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

You keep saying "I WILL NOT COMPLY", are you saying you will be taking your 15 round mags to the range if they implement a 10 round limit, or will you keep them in your safe collecting dust? Do you take 30 round mags to the range today???

If you are going to keep them in the safe, as most will end up doing, then what use are they?

I will continue to do what I do, with what I got, and with what I plan on getting.

• Like 4

Well, I’m taking a wait and see approach to it. Making up phantoms about door to door confiscation and mental evaluations for permits just feeds fear and paranoia. Granted, we’ve seen the bills that Christie vetoed so we know what is on the table but we haven’t seen all the hole cards yet so stay loose and be ready.

The next move is theirs. No point in fighting shadows at this stage. It just tires you out and gives them power over you. 

Far as what I am buying, I have one permit left and I am waiting for the Black Friday deals to start showing up. I am thinking either some version of a S&W 686 or maybe a Beretta 92 type pistol of some sort. I just got a nice CZ75 sp01 and I am really liking that platform too so maybe something like a p01 is an option too. These were on my list well before the election and I am not changing the list because of “what if this” or “they might do that” then they win without doing anything. 

Fact is we all knew Kim G was a long shot and most likely we’d be exactly where we are now for at least the last few months if not longer so anyone that is just figuring it out and panicking now hasn’t been that observant. 

JMHO

-Jim

• Like 2

That wasn't my point. If you look back at my posts I was strictly refering to buying up things that could be banned, before they are banned. I was trying to make the point that since no previous nj bill allowed for grandfathering, buying up what could be banned makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Why

I'm not trying to sway you, do what you want, that was just my opinion.

Why? Because I personally care more about my freedom and family then I do about NOT COMPLYING just to get arrested and possibly lose my job and 2A rights for ever. There is a better way to get results in my opinion. And that is stay legal and fight the laws in the courts and thru peaceful  demonstrations.

Now, if everyone decided not to comply at once and march in the streets with their 15 round mags at once, making it impossible to arrest anyone, then that is a whole different ball game. But you know as well as I that will never happen, but I do hope i'm wrong.

But since you decided to NOT COMPLY, then why don't you go full bore, unpin that stock, put on a flash hider, bayo mouny, and grenade launcher, and get a beta mag. That vs just a 15 round mag will yield the same results in this ass backwards state.

1 hour ago, MartyZ said:

I'm not trying to sway you, do what you want, that was just my opinion.

Why? Because I personally care more about my freedom and family then I do about NOT COMPLYING just to get arrested and possibly lose my job and 2A rights for ever. There is a better way to get results in my opinion. And that is stay legal and fight the laws in the courts and thru peaceful  demonstrations.

Now, if everyone decided not to comply at once and march in the streets with their 15 round mags at once, making it impossible to arrest anyone, then that is a whole different ball game. But you know as well as I that will never happen, but I do hope i'm wrong.

But since you decided to NOT COMPLY, then why don't you go full bore, unpin that stock, put on a flash hider, bayo mouny, and grenade launcher, and get a beta mag. That vs just a 15 round mag will yield the same results in this ass backwards state.

Okay

Compliance = Acceptance

Unconstitutional Laws should not be followed.

The more who do comply the more they win.

The citizens of Colorado did not comply and their Unconstitutional Laws became unenforceable and worthless.

Unfortunately there is not the same intestinal fortitude in this state.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sota said:

ammo. lots of ammo.  if I can never buy another gun as long as i'm in NJ, I have enough to keep me busy for quite a while.  gun food is going to be the bigger problem.

There will always be road trips.  NYers circle like buzzards at Cabelas Hamburg when the sales hit, with their gift cards in hand!

oh no doubt. and I know i can get assistance from my inlaws.  there's also the option of getting a mail box right over the border in PA, which would give me an excuse to visit EFGA more often. :D  but the sales are coming up now and I might as well jump on them.