PD2K

What's Everyone Buying Before New Democratic Governor Is Elected

On 11/8/2017 at 8:24 AM, sota said:

point of order:

it's only illegal if you get caught, or ratted out.

THIS is where my comment about high leo membership at some ranges comes in. one may think they're safe taking their so-called assault rifle to the private range they shoot at....till a leo member shows up to shoot, and sees it. chances are good they'll dime ya out in a hearbeat.

• Like 1

I had three P2Ps.  Were part of my proactive “in case Murphy gets elected plan”. Last month picked up my Glock 43.  Last week picked up my Ruger Mark IV Hunter, and in 3.5 weeks I plan to purchase a Ruger GP100 357 magnum.  These are in addition to what I already own.    After using the third and final permit, I will be done. I am nearing retirement so also wanted to get these purchases behind me while I am still gainfully employed.

Still need to decide whether to go with the 4” or 6” GP100; but am leaning toward the 6”.  

6 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I had three P2Ps.  Were part of my proactive “in case Murphy gets elected plan”. Last month picked up my Glock 43.  Last week picked up my Ruger Mark IV Hunter, and in 3.5 weeks I plan to purchase a Ruger GP100 357 magnum.  These are in addition to what I already own.    After using the third and final permit, I will be done. I am nearing retirement so also wanted to get these purchases behind me while I am still gainfully employed.

Still need to decide whether to go with the 4” or 6” GP100; but am leaning toward the 6”.  

Go with the six unless you plan CCW.  Had my Security Six re-barreled from 4 to 6 years ago, much better revo after that.

Get a Ruger Service or Security Six better made and can be found for less money. 4" if you plan on carrying. Otherwise go for the 6".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I can tell you that the gp100 match champion is an excellent revolver with a 4.2 inch barrel. A little pricey but has a really comfortable grip and the best stock trigger of any gp100 I’ve tried yet and the reduced underlug makes it a fast pointer. Also looks very nice to me. Kind of like a modern speed or security six. I have the adjustable rear sight on mine but if you are playing holster games or looking for a carry piece, you may like the Novak rear. 

Not really a target gun per se, too much light between the front fiber post and the rear notch but there are options to fix that. I sort of wish the just used the normal front sight though instead of the dovetailed one. More readily available front sight options in the standard front for the gp100... 

Just a thought .

-Jim

Thanks for the feedback regarding my selection of a GP100. Am still leaning toward the 6”. It’s extra 5oz of weight will also help tame the felt recoil.

My ogam waiting period is not done for another 3 weeks or so. So I have another week or two to finalize my decision.

Update:  last evening received an email from Davidson’s that they received a shipment of model #1740 GP100 in 5” barrel length. It is exclusive to them. I had given up hope that the timing and availability would work out for me. I jumped right on it this morning and ordered it.  

On 11/13/2017 at 0:36 PM, 1LtCAP said:

THIS is where my comment about high leo membership at some ranges comes in. one may think they're safe taking their so-called assault rifle to the private range they shoot at....till a leo member shows up to shoot, and sees it. chances are good they'll dime ya out in a hearbeat.

In all fairness to LEO's, I'm pretty sure they're obligated not to turn a blind eye to crimes committed in their presence even when they're off duty.  I would expect them to "dime me out" if I snorted a line of coke in front of them too.

Edited by tagonagy
  • Like 1

This past Saturday (ie Ogam day #31, lol), I picked up my GP100 5” 357 Magnum.  I am traveling this week on business so did not have an opportunity to shoot it yet. I hope to do so in the coming week. Will post a range report and pics.  This pretty much completes my plans for firearms purchases.  Now just have to figure out how to retire, stay healthy, and spend more time at the range enjoying them.

3 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

As was I!

I was there as well.  Miserable day.

I went to college in the early 1970's, during the height of the Vietnam War, and there was hardly a peep out of me.

Now, in my 60's, I've become something of a political activist.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I was there as well.  Miserable day.

I went to college in the early 1970's, during the height of the Vietnam War, and there was hardly a peep out of me.

Now, in my 60's, I've become something of a political activist.  

... and you aren't alone.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:50 PM, DaveR said:

I'm thinking new house in new state.

Move is complete to Florida, I did vote by mail for Kim ( a lot of good that did ) before establishing residency.

Its refreshing to be able to do impulse purchases.  Where the waiting period is just a NICS check and was only $5.

No more only to / from the range without deviations, neutered rifles,  OGAM, mag limits... Suppressors are legal, shooting in your property if acceptable and quite common where I'm at.

Taxes slashed dramatically.

Indoor range costs dropped as well, with decent weekly specials, like ladies night Mondays 
( ladies shoot free ), 2 for 1 Tuesdays, $1.5 rental Wednesdays... Only drawback is none of the indoor ranges allow reloads, but partially made up for by the sheriffs outdoor range being open to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.  They even recommended getting a carry permit, but was already ahead in that game.

The phone always says light ( no ) traffic in the area all the time.

No snow, heck, its 80 today.

Overall glad to be out of Jersey.

• Like 2

If you looked at the top 10 Democrats listed to run for President I would buy as much ammo as I could before 1/1/17

Store in multiple location ,in multiple free states , along with firearms for the calibre used. Were in trouble and there will be another 2nd Revolution

RALPHIE WISHES HE GOT A CNJFO MEMBERSHIP W/ THAT M-4!
GIVE YOURSELF THE GIFT THAT PROTECTS YOUR 2A RIGHTS!
by Black Wire Media Tuesday December 26, 2017 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

As we all run to the malls looking to use our gift cards and plug-in our latest electronic wonders that we let rule our lives, consider that someone in a NJ mall parking garage was MURDERED & CAR JACKED a few Decembers ago by a group of 4 Perps, all of whom plead-out to light sentences! Whether or not 30 year old Dustin Friedland ever wanted a hand gun doesn't matter. What matters is NJ politicians put "Justifiable Need", the scheme that doesn't let NJ residents CCW if they wish to, in his way thus ensuring that he never could! NJ likes VICTIMS! Help us fight this life-taking SCHEME today by JOINING: www.cnjfo.com/join-us .

So if everybody stocked-up on guns & ammo for Christmas, the next thing ya need is to support New Jersey's 2A groups!  Competitive Action Shooters, Hunters, Fudds, Collectors, SASS shooters, Steel Shooters, 3-Gun Shooters, Scattergunners and just plain "plinkers" too!  We need EVERYBODY to JOIN!  It's TAX DEDUCTIBLE!  To find out more about "Justifiable Need", please go to our sister web site:  http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .

Rosey