PD2K

What's Everyone Buying Before New Democratic Governor Is Elected

The best Trump/Congress can do is pass a reciprocity bill, which would be great. However, there are potential 10th Amendment issues with regard to that, in addition to overturning other state gun laws. What's really required to change things in NJ is a gun-friendly SCOTUS, and a series of lawsuits won against the State of NJ. All that said, Trump and a GOP-controlled Congress are the best case scenario for NJ shooters. So, there's at least some reason to be optimistic...just don't hold your breath.

The best Trump/Congress can do is pass a reciprocity bill, which would be great. However, there are potential 10th Amendment issues with regard to that, in addition to overturning other state gun laws. What's really required to change things in NJ is a gun-friendly SCOTUS, and a series of lawsuits won against the State of NJ. All that said, Trump and a GOP-controlled Congress are the best case scenario for NJ shooters. So, there's at least some reason to be optimistic...just don't hold your breath.

F*** the lawsuits. They take years. 1) get reciprocity 2) with 1 more conservative Supremo get quick relief on NJ 10th amendment challenges 3) in three years it will be a dead issue. I think this is real folks. Once that happens the ammo challenges will also fail. 

Just hope that reciprocity includes non-resident licenses. I don't think Congress can force Penn.-style rights on any state. We'll still live in NJ. 

F*** the lawsuits. They take years. 1) get reciprocity 2) with 1 more conservative Supremo get quick relief on NJ 10th amendment challenges 3) in three years it will be a dead issue. I think this is real folks. Once that happens the ammo challenges will also fail. 

Just hope that reciprocity includes non-resident licenses. I don't think Congress can force Penn.-style rights on any state. We'll still live in NJ. 

I'd say two.   Roberts and/or Kennedy can be kinda "iffy" on stuff like this. 

I'd say two.   Roberts and/or Kennedy can be kinda "iffy" on stuff like this. 

I agree they're douchebags. You're right though. On the pro side we have driver's licenses. Against we have professional qualifications, which states regulate. OTOH since this involves a basic human/constitutionally enumerated right they may refuse to hear a challenge.

I put in my application for a New Hampshire non-resident CCW license this week.  Trying to hedge against the potential for a huge spike in demand if the current administration manages to pass a reciprocity law that will actually benefit NJ residents.  Rest assured, the state would most likely find a way to counteract such a bill, probably by passing a bill that switches the state from "may issue" to "no issue", thus circumventing the verbiage of the federal reciprocity bill.  It's a complicated issue.  The federal bill will need to be worded very precisely, and it will need to address issues surrounding states' rights.  Many lawsuits will occur.  It will be a process, not a "light switch" move.  Hairy stuff indeed, glad I'm not an attorney!

I put in my application for a New Hampshire non-resident CCW license this week.  Trying to hedge against the potential for a huge spike in demand if the current administration manages to pass a reciprocity law that will actually benefit NJ residents.  Rest assured, the state would most likely find a way to counteract such a bill, probably by passing a bill that switches the state from "may issue" to "no issue", thus circumventing the verbiage of the federal reciprocity bill.  It's a complicated issue.  The federal bill will need to be worded very precisely, and it will need to address issues surrounding states' rights.  Many lawsuits will occur.  It will be a process, not a "light switch" move.  Hairy stuff indeed, glad I'm not an attorney!

I think the state would have some difficulty going from "May Issue" to "No Issue,"  especially from the LE community.  There would probably have to be some "grandfathering" of people who currently have NJ CCW permits, or exceptions for retired LEOs, politicians, judges, etc... people who already have them. And if they did that, there would be all kinds of legal challenges for "discrimination" reasons. 

I think the NJ legislature are experts at twisting laws and regulations to meet their needs and circumvent all kinds of federal intervention. They don't need to go to "no issue." Actually, I think it benefits them not to go "no issue" (better control of the process and less risk of legal challenges). But, failing that, they can tie things up in the courts for decades. I can just see people like Sen. Weinberg saying "Bring it on...."  thinking that no one would dare challenge them in court.  We have to be ready to do that, and take it all the way to the end with them.

I think the state would have some difficulty going from "May Issue" to "No Issue,"  especially from the LE community.  There would probably have to be some "grandfathering" of people who currently have NJ CCW permits, or exceptions for retired LEOs, politicians, judges, etc... people who already have them. And if they did that, there would be all kinds of legal challenges for "discrimination" reasons. 

I think the NJ legislature are experts at twisting laws and regulations to meet their needs and circumvent all kinds of federal intervention. They don't need to go to "no issue." Actually, I think it benefits them not to go "no issue" (better control of the process and less risk of legal challenges). But, failing that, they can tie things up in the courts for decades. I can just see people like Sen. Weinberg saying "Bring it on...."  thinking that no one would dare challenge them in court.  We have to be ready to do that, and take it all the way to the end with them.

These are all good points.

The defeatist attitudes in NJ by NJ Gun owners is why we have the laws we do. Colorado not only recalled the gun grabbing legislators they also refused to comply. First the people, then the LGS, and finally the LEOs. Their magazine limit law is useless in Colorado. Nobody follows it. LGS displays mags as components and then puts them together for buyers upon purchase. It is that attitude we need here in NJ.

I have only known 15 round mags. I have spent extra on them. I will not stop using them. Mine all look like 30 and are blocked to 15. If someone counts the number of rounds that fit in my magazine to make sure it is 5 less I probably have a bigger issue going on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The defeatist attitudes in NJ by NJ Gun owners is why we have the laws we do. Colorado not only recalled the gun grabbing legislators they also refused to comply. First the people, then the LGS, and finally the LEOs. Their magazine limit law is useless in Colorado. Nobody follows it. LGS displays mags as components and then puts them together for buyers upon purchase. It is that attitude we need here in NJ.

I have only known 15 round mags. I have spent extra on them. I will not stop using them. Mine all look like 30 and are blocked to 15. If someone counts the number of rounds that fit in my magazine to make sure it is 5 less I probably have a bigger issue going on.

I think NJ's issues are a little more complex than that.  It's going to require considerable cultural change "outside" the pro-gun/2A community for us, eventually, to have what we want.

I think what keeps the "anti" legislators in power and voting the way they do are two things.  First, the number of "sheeples" that exist only to get "free stuff" from the politicians who keep them in office. It's a "symbiotic" relationship between the two. Second, you mentioned the LE community in CO.  The difference in NJ is that there are more "inner city" areas concentrated here than most (NJ is the most densely populated state, after all),  and the LE community is more likely to be "anti" there than elsewhere. You can see this even internally in NJ itself (Northern & Western counties have much more pro 2A LE than closer to NYC).  And that's also a big influence on much of the legislature as well. I think that sentiment is very much culturally ingrained within that segment of the NJ LE community and similar communities in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic.  It's going to take something on an "evolutionary" scale to change that, I think.   Something that I don't think will happen in the remainder of my lifetime.  Hence, my move to FL. Not that that's guaranteed "safe" either... we have to stay constantly vigilant, lest all those sheeples move down here and start the process all over again.  You can see it in Southern Florida, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, etc.  I can't begin to tell you how many FL legislators are retired LEOs from NYC... :facepalm:

I agree it's more complex. It just bothers the hell out of me to read all the negativity. Then I go on other sites and get carp for how much of pussies we are in NJ for bowing down to the government and letting them take our rights. If they came on these forums they would be proven correct.

• Like 1

I agree it's more complex. It just bothers the hell out of me to read all the negativity. Then I go on other sites and get carp for how much of pussies we are in NJ for bowing down to the government and letting them take our rights. If they came on these forums they would be proven correct.

An olive branch pro se.

Let us work together to motivate others to stand up for themselves?

Pax?

Ya know...... I am going to buy two boxes of .50 BMG in the hopes that you'll let me shoot one box if I leave the other in your range bag.....

If you guys are getting together sometime to shoot 50's, let me know. I'd love to take the BOHICA out for a spin finally.

80 posts and nobody suggested joining a NJ-based Second Amendment organization?  Why is that?  If a small percentage of NJ gun owners poney'd-up and joined we as a community would have more power to respond to beat back bad laws (we did a pretty good job helping to get the BAD Bills pulled off today's agenda) and educate the public (the same public you blame for re-electing the gun grabbers).  So stop and THINK before you place that ammo order for your "Bunker", OK guys?  Maybe, just maybe it's time to circle the wagons and GET ORGANIZED!  I'd like to see Colorado-style thinking migrate HERE!  Hoarding ammo feeds the self-defeatist attitudes.  So does saying, "I'm moving".  So for those on this Forum that are still stuck here, we at the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners want to HELP!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

http://www.cnjfo.com

• Like 1

Lol at everyone having guns and such minimal ammo stash's. As the FUDD's say, why do I need more than 3 boxes of ammo for anything?

You guys should be dumping money into ammo. Then more ammo. And more on top of that. Guns are useless without rounds to feed them.

399930a11d6a0f9e9452b6573c9ee4d5120c244e

I didn't buy two of these in as many years for no reason you know. :D

31BU7hEPuRL._SY300_.jpg

each can hold about 18 cases of 9mm ammo. :D

80 posts and nobody suggested joining a NJ-based Second Amendment organization? Why is that? If a small percentage of NJ gun owners poney'd-up and joined we as a community would have more power to respond to beat back bad laws (we did a pretty good job helping to get the BAD Bills pulled off today's agenda) and educate the public (the same public you blame for re-electing the gun grabbers). So stop and THINK before you place that ammo order for your "Bunker", OK guys? Maybe, just maybe it's time to circle the wagons and GET ORGANIZED! I'd like to see Colorado-style thinking migrate HERE! Hoarding ammo feeds the self-defeatist attitudes. So does saying, "I'm moving". So for those on this Forum that are still stuck here, we at the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners want to HELP!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

http://www.cnjfo.com

Why are there so many different second amendment groups in NJ? Wouldn't it make more sense for all of them to join forces and form one single much more powerful group?

Why are there so many different second amendment groups in NJ? Wouldn't it make more sense for all of them to join forces and form one single much more powerful group?

NJ people are so dysfunctional, petty, power hungry, and stupid that even those with like goals will cut each other's throats because "their way" is the best way and only way.

We truly are our own worst enemy in this state. The fact the Deplorables here didn't even bother to show up and make a go at flipping the state Red for POTUS is proof enough.

It's almost enough to make me want to write this place off as a lost cause. I'm an asshole though and hate to lose.

NJ people are so dysfunctional, petty, power hungry, and stupid that even those with like goals will cut each other's throats because "their way" is the best way and only way.

We truly are our own worst enemy in this state. The fact the Deplorables here didn't even bother to show up and make a go at flipping the state Red for POTUS is proof enough.

It's almost enough to make me want to write this place off as a lost cause. I'm an asshole though and hate to lose.

I agree. It's why we have so many useless little towns. Nobody wants to give up their precious little power. I hate losing too and Trump's victory gives us hope, but until the at least (4) different 2A groups join forces they are all spitting in the wind. Forming another one without the existing ones is just a waste of time.

I agree. It's why we have so many useless little towns. Nobody wants to give up their precious little power. I hate losing too and Trump's victory gives us hope, but until the at least (4) different 2A groups join forces they are all spitting in the wind. Forming another one without the existing ones is just a waste of time.

​Enlighten me please on naming these (4) groups you speak of.  And leave-out the ANJR&PC since they own and run a range.  Please consider the definition of a "group" when so doing.  Is 2-3 people a "group"?  Is having a Facebook page make you a Group?  Or is incorporating as a Group make you a group?

​Enlighten me please on naming these (4) groups you speak of. And leave-out the ANJR&PC since they own and run a range. Please consider the definition of a "group" when so doing. Is 2-3 people a "group"? Is having a Facebook page make you a Group? Or is incorporating as a Group make you a group?

Well ANJRPC was one NJS2A, NRA, and the one you mentioned CNJFO. Plus there is at least one more I have seen. Then you have the groups filing lawsuits. My point is why not all join forces.