SuRrEaLNJ

Saiga, firing pin retainer pin contacts ejector

ran into one i havent seen yet, and while i realize its my own doing i was wondering if anyone has ever seen similar. about a year year and half ago the firing pin retaining pin in the bolt in my saiga decided to vacate to parts unknown, the only replacements i could find online weren't the proper diameter for the saiga, so i went to the hardware store, got a hardened roll pin an have been using it successfully since, or so i thought. tonight i noticed a bur on the ejector, and realized that the rollpin was actually making contact with the ejector causing wear and a mishaping of the back side of said ejector. i notched the rollpin for clearance with a dremel so well see how that goes.

post-6543-0-39738900-1479092278_thumb.jpg

post-6543-0-01653000-1479092292_thumb.jpg

post-6543-0-60580000-1479092307_thumb.jpg

the picture of the bolt is after i relieved the pin

in hindsight i shoulda miked the pin to see how much interference there was. the action is noticeably smother. im gonna take it out tomorrow and see how it runs, not that it really makes any difference because its never caused an issue in the last 1k or so rounds