Jay908

Black Friday deals ??

Again new to this forum so sorry if this belongs somewhere else

Been looking around online to see if any local places around jersey do Black Friday sales or advertise online there sales. Searching online online I've really only seen maybe 3 places ( Dicks, Cheyenne , BassPro) . Any other stores to look out for or having sales?

Also I'm mostly looking for optics and ammo unless I come across a good deal on a rifle worth purchasing.

http://concealednation.org/2016/11/2016-black-friday-ads-for-guns-ammo-and-accessories/

2016 Black Friday Ads For Guns, Ammo And Accessories

This list will be updated as the new ads become available.

LAST UPDATED: 11/15/2016 @ 3:00pm EST

Remington is tough on rebates. You have to follow the instructions exactly or they will hang you up.  That said many here have participated with little or no difficulty.  I got my July 4th rebate with no problems but I believe it was in September before I got it. Longer than their 6 week published time frame.

Does anyone have past experience with remmington ammo rebates? are they trustworthy?

Last year I got 10 boxes of 38 special +p Remington Ultimate Defense for $1.99 a box after rebate. Took them about 90 days to get the rebate to me. I'm sure they had tens of thousands of rebates to deal with so 90 days was decent to me.

-Jim

Last year I got 10 boxes of 38 special +p Remington Ultimate Defense for $1.99 a box after rebate. Took them about 90 days to get the rebate to me. I'm sure they had tens of thousands of rebates to deal with so 90 days was decent to me.

-Jim

$1.99 a box!  Are you kidding?  Where the heck did you get that deal?

$1.99 a box! Are you kidding? Where the heck did you get that deal?

SGammo.com had them for $11.99 a box and Remington had a $10 a box rebate. Everyplace else was selling them for around $19-21 a box so when I saw them for $11.99 I couldn't beat that price with the rebate :)

-Jim

Dicks has the Remington UMC 50 packs for 5.98 after $5 MIR. That's a little under $.13 a round after tax.

Don't care what they did in the past that's a deal that's hard to beat...

Is that going on all week? I did not see anything in the electronic flyer that they send ever 6 hours.

Remington Rebate of $5 box is good on all UMC pistol and revolver ammo purchased 11/24 thru 11/27 only.  Here's the rebate form.  So shop for the best price. Limited to 40 boxes.

https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/Remington_BlackFriday_Ammo.pdf

Does anyone have past experience with remmington ammo rebates? are they trustworthy?

I sent in a rebate request over 3 months ago but still nothing. It wasn't a huge amount of money ($3/box rebate for 6 boxes = $18 total) but I am obviously annoyed at the situation.  I've also moved since then, so getting the check to my new address adds yet another layer of complexity.

Remington Rebate of $5 box is good on all UMC pistol and revolver ammo purchased 11/24 thru 11/27 only.  Here's the rebate form.  So shop for the best price. Limited to 40 boxes.

https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/Remington_BlackFriday_Ammo.pdf

SHHHHHH... don't tell everyone... I want to make sure I get my 10 boxes first  :ninja:  :onthequiet: ... THEN I'll spread the word :)

I sent in a rebate request over 3 months ago but still nothing. It wasn't a huge amount of money ($3/box rebate for 6 boxes = $18 total) but I am obviously annoyed at the situation.  I've also moved since then, so getting the check to my new address adds yet another layer of complexity.

That sucks.  I bought a case from Cabela's when Remington had the rebate and got a large check in less than a month.

Don't know if it's a BF deal but Harbor Freight has metal 50 cal ammo cans for 15.99 each. Use a 20% off coupon and it's a pretty good deal.

Academy.com is selling .50 cal metal ammo can clones for $9.99 each, free shipping, multiple colors available:

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-metal-ammo-can#repChildCatid=910560

10499085.jpg?is=640,640

They get wobbly when stacked over 3 high (something is not quite right with the stamped "feet" on them), but otherwise they seem to be equivalent to actual military cans.

I sent in a Remington Rebate form with the required UPC symbols on a deal they had for 12ga slugs a few years ago.  I never heard anything from them, never got a check.  I've heard others say that they got screwed on the rebates too. I won't buy Remington stuff expecting a rebate any more.

I've got a bunch of boxes of Remington slugs with the UPC codes cut out of the cardboard.

The thing that sucks about online ammo is the shipping. Sometimes it cancels out the savings. I try to hit Cabelas when they have free or $5 shipping.

Yes, the shipping can be a deal breaker.  You could try Target Sports USA, which never charges shipping on purchases of cases of ammo.

Or you could just watch for free shipping specials, such as the one going on currently at Sportsman's Guide.  

I see in the trade papers that the gun industry is showing signs of struggling with the results of the election.  After a big pre-election push and an outcome they wished for but did not expect, they are backed up with product as sales have again dropped out the bottom.  This happened in early summer as well as demand just fell off and retailers were struggling to move product.  I would venture to say after Black Friday we may see some pretty good specials heading for the holidays as cash flow becomes an important issue.  If it continues slow in the first quarter 2017, look for pricing we have not seen since before 2008, as prices drop to create demand.  Next spring could be a very interesting time for purchases.