YankeeSC

15+ mags for sale at RTSP?

I happened to be in the area so I stopped in at RTSP last night to check them out.  Very nice inventory of firearms for sale and rent on the range.  I noticed that they had 30 round AR-15 mags and 16, 17, and more round handgun mags.  If they are illegal in NJ how is it possible to sell them here?  Only to out of state residents?

Wait what? You saw the stickers but that wasn't clear enough that they were compliant? Were they behind a counter or something? A gun shop in jersey would be absolutely insane(and very illegal) to leave un neutered mags on a show room floor

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

How would it be illegal?

Ianal but I think keeping standard capacity mags on a show room floor is inviting all kinds of legal mishaps. 1. Someone could "easily" take them 2. Dumb employees who don't know 3. Messed up SKU or product name which happens a lot

Yes I know I could go to cabelas and buy a 30rd mag if I wanted to but this is NJ, we are different

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

If shoplifting a product that would be illegal to possess gets you in deeper doodoo, I am all for it.

So when the shoplifter gets arrested and ultimately gets a 5 year sentence he sues RTSP for "allowing" him to steal an illegal magazine. You gotta remember this is NJ.

• Like 2

So when the shoplifter gets arrested and ultimately gets a 5 year sentence he sues RTSP for "allowing" him to steal an illegal magazine. You gotta remember this is NJ.

If you break into my house and steal my machinegun, I would hope you would get charged with possession. You going to sue me? Good luck.

I bought a few mags once and asked one of the employees. He told me all magazines on the floor are NJ compliant. They even make you sign a disclaimer saying it's been modified and that if it is tampered with...you are then responsible.

I see illegal semi-auto shotguns in NJ stores a couple times a year, so why not illegal mags too?

Now just which shotguns would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benelli M4 with pistol grip and Mossberg 930 SPX with 7 round tube.

I have an M4 with field stock and it is not illegal in NJ.

I've never seen a pistol grip model in NJ.

It may be illegal for us, but not illegal for stores to sell it to qualified people.

Also they (M4), are both 5 +1...

I'm aware the M4 with "standard" stock is perfectly legal, but I have seen it with the pistol grip stock on more than one occasion. And EVERY 930 SPX I've seen in NJ has the +3 mag tube extension, making them 7+1.

Again, do you know any civilian that owns one or witnessed a sale to a civilian?

Sure they are not plugged? Sure it wasn't the 4+1 mag? Cause the countless hours I use to spend in gun shops, I never have.

Again, do you know any civilian that owns one or witnessed a sale to a civilian?

Sure they are not plugged? Sure it wasn't the 4+1 mag? Cause the countless hours I use to spend in gun shops, I never have.

I never said I saw them sold to a civilian. I simply stated, that if shops have them on the shelf for sale, then why not have mags over 15 rounds as well?

I own a 930 SPX, It's very easy to tell the difference. I swapped out my +3 mag tube extension for a +2 before bringing it here. The +3 extension is almost flush with the end of the barrel while +2 ends a little over an inch from the end of the barrel. I can't speak as to whether all of them were plugged, but the 2 times I inquired about capacity the answer was 7+1. Common sense tells me it's ignorance of the law, not sales to qualified individuals that put those 930's on the shelves.