wadezky

Legacy range Cinnaminson

My wife has a phobia about RAF. Heard stories from our lgs

It's small, it's loud, it's on the sketchy side and every so often I see some things that make me a little nervous.  For instance one day I was witness to a 3 person draw-from-holster-class in the lane next to me during regular business hours (Saturday Morning) and lets just say I left pretty quickly when they started. 

It's pretty "relaxed" there rules-wise.  

It's small, it's loud, it's on the sketchy side and every so often I see some things that make me a little nervous. For instance one day I was witness to a 3 person draw-from-holster-class in the lane next to me during regular business hours (Saturday Morning) and lets just say I left pretty quickly when they started.

It's pretty "relaxed" there rules-wise.

Some ass hat was out of the lane with his snubby having an Italian conversation with it in his hand.

She's always been smarter with this stuff.

I hope this place isn't ridiculous $.

More gun ranges is a good thing.

Melissa and Andrew are both friends of mine.  Reachable thru my Facebook page:  David Rosenthal.  If nothing else works Zeke, write me a PM and I'll get a cell # for Melissa.

Rosey

• Like 1

Ya,

They said they are reviewing family membership. Idk, if it clean, nice it's worth it. It's close to me.

Last weekend at RAF was at best , embarrassing.

Clean, well lit, and safe is good enough for me, the bonus is proximity with no tolls.  

Hopefully they'll reconsider the discounts for certain membership tiers and make at least the first hour free.  Or member discounted rates with no time limits would work for me too.  I can shoot all freakin day (until i get swept) at RAF for $21....The 1$ charge is for a paper target that I stick reactive targets to.....so yeah....I'd pay a little more at Legacy for the same thing.

I'll definitely follow this one - I'd love to have a local indoor range. I don't reload, but what's the deal with places that don't allow it? Can you only bring in unopened boxes? I usually load my mags at home to save time on the range, plus I have some bulk/old ammo in plastic bags - it that all verboten?

I emailed back in November and ask about if they were going to offer anything like a "Founder's Membership"
This is Melissa's reply Dec 7th:

"Thank you for your email!

As we get closer, yes, we will have Ground Breaking memberships available.  Details to be posted!
We will add you to our prospective membership email distribution list.

Thanks,

Legacy Indoor Range and Armory"

Haven't heard anything from them since But, I haven't emailed them again.    I'm curious as well.

Email: [email protected]

Edit:  On the homepage for Legacy there is a new link to fill out a form if you're interested in becoming an investor, a member or employee.

Edited by Bighungry618
added info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bighungry618 said:

I emailed back in November and ask about if they were going to offer anything like a "Founder's Membership"
This is Melissa's reply Dec 7th:

"Thank you for your email!

As we get closer, yes, we will have Ground Breaking memberships available.  Details to be posted!
We will add you to our prospective membership email distribution list.

Thanks,

Legacy Indoor Range and Armory"

Haven't heard anything from them since But, I haven't emailed them again.    I'm curious as well.

Email: [email protected]

Edit:  On the homepage for Legacy there is a new link to fill out a form if you're interested in becoming an investor, a member or employee.

I emailed them, couple months ago. Same response.

3 hours ago, blksheep said:

Anything?  Still looking for investors?

It would appear so

I ran across this place while doing while working on an NJGF project.  

Glad they got the FFL and excited by the idea of another range, (that what? 4th at least or 5th proposed/in process) range in NJ.

Unfortunately, I think they picked the wrong time to start building a rang with the political environment.

Secondly on the money side of things... If you want to build a "nice" place, such as RTSP/GFH/TTC, you need to be able to burn a LOT of money, particularly if you want to invest in great ventilation.  Unfortunately that means you need to invest more in the rest of the range/store or you need to be able to charge A LOT more to justify the nicer place.

This is where you have the struggle between what's good for the gun owner and the gun owner community and being able to keep the range open.

As bad as it sounds, "unlimited" memberships are a horrible deal for most ranges, particularly the more costly ones.  Your typical "gun gal/guy" will buy the membership and that's it.  They will not be buying ammo at the range, and typically will not be renting guns.

A $300 membership, assuming someone goes once a week, is like making $6 per visit off of a shooter.

Meanwhile, a brand new person who is going to go pay for a walk on, rent a gun, buy some ammo, targets, rent eyes/ears, is easily going to spend more than 10x that.

Next you have the issue of capacity.

During the week, it is slow.  On the weekends there are massive lines.... especially if you are still running a 12 to 15 lane range.  Last thing you want are members on "unlimited" plans.

So what ends up happening, in order to cover the massive monthly expenses, you need to raise the membership prices or go to a membership-discount pricing model.

At that point... to a gun owner, pay $500 for an indoor range membership.... or Less than that and have a membership at an outdoor facility that has indoor ranges as well, such as OBRPC, CJ, SJ, etc.

The only win for everyone I feel is a place like GSSC/SS type range.  A nice facility where you can still feel safe, but that carry lower expenses and thus can still make a $300 unlimited membership work, especially if they have a REALLY good amount of FFL business (new/used/consignment/transfer) and training revenue.

For a newly built facility, especially one where you own the building, you need to be prepared to burn a LOT of money or focus primarily on the first time gun buyer and charge higher prices to the small group that can spend $500 a year on a membership to shoot indoors and to be treated like a king. 

For the current facilities, they are already in the game.... but for the new ranges being planned, and or in the process of being built.... I would think long and hard, particularly in the new gun environment we are going to be facing in NJ.

(in full disclosure, I have consulted with a few ranges/FFLs in NJ and am privy to some information on which I base the above post)

• Like 1

That stinks,  I truly hope that they can get the capital they need to open.  We could certainly use a quality local indoor range in central-south Jersey.   I know quite a few of us that would patronize that facility.   Best of luck to the folks over at Legacy, Hang in there. 

20 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

That stinks,  I truly hope that they can get the capital they need to open.  We could certainly use a quality local indoor range in central-south Jersey.   I know quite a few of us that would patronize that facility.   Best of luck to the folks over at Legacy, Hang in there. 

I feel ya brother.