Sign in to follow this  
sroc112

Anyone's entire handgun line up all the same caliber?

Handgun calibers, let me see:

.22, 9x19, 9x23, 40 S&W, 10MM, 9x25 Dillon, .400 CorBon, 460 Rowland, .45 ACP, .357 Mag (thus .38 as well), .44 Magnum (.44 SPL), .50 AE, 5.7x28, .38 Super, .357 Sig.  It's possible I'm missing something.  

I may be convinced to sell my P226 elite with two full slides 9mm and 357sig...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love a 226 and its on my short list. I make you a deal you convince my wife to let me spend the money and I'll give you 100 bucks more than your asking price lololol. I just got out of the dog house for spending to much money and time on hunting last week so good luck

I'd love a 226 and its on my short list. I make you a deal you convince my wife to let me spend the money and I'll give you 100 bucks more than your asking price lololol. I just got out of the dog house for spending to much money and time on hunting last week so good luck

I'll give it a try! If at least you want to shoot it some time just let me know.

I purposely started condensing caliber.

Handgun: .22, 9mm, .40, 45lc, 45acp.

Rifle: .22, 45lc, .223, .308, 6.5cm, 7.62x39

SG: 12ga

I have a Sig P229 in .40 and I love it! If I am shooting both at the range, I am careful to keep the ammo separate!

When I first got my .40, I loaded my Sig 9mm mag with the .40. FTL every time........RSO put me in my place that day!

I enjoy .40, but it certainly is snappier than 9mm.  Admittedly, I've shot it mostly in Glocks, so those are a tad lighter guns.  I suppose I'll see if I regret moving to 10mm when I finally add a Glock 20, though I hear most loads are nothing more than longer .40s

I thought 40 was a bastard caliber and a waste of time. After Sandy Hook it seemed 40 was one of the few calibers available so I bought an M&P40 and a shield in 9mm. The great thing about buying it in 40 is the only thing you need to change to 9mm are the magazines and a simple barrel change, no need for a new slide. That doesn't work the other way around because of the barrel size. After putting a few thousand rounds through the gun in both calibers I really like the 40 for a variety of reasons. My next pistols (I've got a 357 as well) will likely be in 22, 9mm and another in 9mm Mak. Maybe another 357 or 32 at some point. I like to stock 9mm and 40 primarily but variety is the spice of life. ;)

• Like 1

I was all 9mm right up until i bought my second handgun ☺

Since then I'm up to 9 calibers (.22, .25acp, .38, .357, .44spl, .44mag, .45acp, 40s&w and 9mm). I've gotten rid of .380 and .357sig.

As for the .40s&w question,I have a steel baby desert eagle (Jericho 941) that weighs enough to calm the recoil. Great shooter. When 9mm ammo was scarce I could always find .40s&w

A .40 seems to have a sharper recoil - that snaps the muzzle up - than the .45s I have shot.  I've primarily shot .40 in a Glock 23, but have shot a fair amount with the P229 in .40 and it too feels snappy.  The .45 seems to have a slower "push" with the caveat that I have only shot .45 through metal frame guns like fullsize P220s and 1911s.  .40 vs .45 - they might have similar amounts of recoil, but the .40 feels faster and the .45 feels slower to me, so I kind of feel the .45 is marginally more manageable.

You might want to try to find someone with/rent very similar guns - say a Glock 17, 21, and 22 - to get a feel of what the differences are between the calibers if you are concerned with recoil/snap.

I purposely started condensing caliber.

Handgun: .22, 9mm, .40, 45lc, 45acp.

Rifle: .22, 45lc, .223, .308, 7.62x39

SG: 12ga

Did you sell your 6,5C?

Did you sell your 6,5C?

OMG, I left my baby out in the cold! Shame on me!

Nope, would never give her up.

Good catch Robert! [emoji3]

(Updated)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG, I left my baby out in the cold! Shame on me!

Nope, would never give her up.

Good catch Robert! [emoji3]

(Updated)...

Yeah I didn't get a PM to take it off your hands so I was surprised. Keep treating it like that and it may run away to my house!

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't get a PM to take it off your hands so I was surprised. Keep treating it like that and it may run away to my house!

Nahhh, she has plenty evil Black Ops protecting her. [emoji6]

• Like 1

Anyone else here enjoy a .40?

.40 is my personal favorite pistol. I have a Beretta 96. More stopping power than a 9mm, more ammo than a .45, accurate, reliable, and ammo is cheap. I have a Beretta 92 as well. I really don't see a reason to choose a 9mm over a .40. I have a 1919 Colt Black Army 1911 it has more recoil than the Beretta 96, but more stopping power too.

Everyone should have a .357 Magnum. Doesn't get much more reliable and stopping power is second to none. My personal choices are a Ruger Service Six (own) or Security Six. The best .357 is a MR73. Get a surplused one and save a bunch of money. Allen's Armory usually has them for around $700. New a MR73 can run $3,000+.

Currently 2 x 45 ACP with 22lr conversions for both, 2 x 38/357 revolvers and 1 - 22lr revolver.

Generally I am trying for simplicity to make my reloading and ammo purchases easier but still be able to practice with my centerfire handguns (or an analog in the revolver's case) cheaply using 22lr.

-Jim

Wow, no love for the 40S&W ?

Good selection of ammo, readily available. Not too costly. A little more punch than a 9mm. Easy conversions to 9mm and 357sig. Good accuracy. Can be loaded down to very soft shooting target loads. Snappy, but still controllable for fast follow-ups.

I have a couple of 40s and can honestly say that I enjoy shooting them.

I've always been a .45ACP guy.  It's a great balance between recoil, penetration, and cost (especially if you roll your own).  You can't really go wrong with slow, heavy projectiles punching exceptionally large holes in things down range.  Take a look at Civil War photos of .58 caliber minie ball wounds ...   :fie: