Sign in to follow this  
sroc112

Anyone's entire handgun line up all the same caliber?

.40 is my personal favorite pistol. I have a Beretta 96. More stopping power than a 9mm, more ammo than a .45, accurate, reliable, and ammo is cheap. I have a Beretta 92 as well. I really don't see a reason to choose a 9mm over a .40. I have a 1919 Colt Black Army 1911 it has more recoil than the Beretta 96, but more stopping power too.

Everyone should have a .357 Magnum. Doesn't get much more reliable and stopping power is second to none. My personal choices are a Ruger Service Six (own) or Security Six. The best .357 is a MR73. Get a surplused one and save a bunch of money. Allen's Armory usually has them for around $700. New a MR73 can run $3,000+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40 is ok, I enjoy but overrated.  FBI is moving back to 9mm from 40 currently.

As I said 40 is fine but 10 is way better.  

40 is ok, I enjoy but overrated. FBI is moving back to 9mm from 40 currently.

As I said 40 is fine but 10 is way better.

I've only shot one 10mm that he brought back from Korea. That was also years ago so I don't really remember how it was. IIRC it was made in Korea. I read the FBI originally was going to go with 10mm but female agents couldn't handle it. I do plan on getting a 10mm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've only shot one 10mm that he brought back from Korea. That was also years ago so I don't really remember how it was. IIRC it was made in Korea. I read the FBI originally was going to go with 10mm but female agents couldn't handle it. I do plan on getting a 10mm.

I don't see anyone having difficulty handling a 10mm.  Even the original Norma branded ammo was considered snappy by 10mm standards but hardly a problem.  Rent one at the range or get a buddy who has one and try it out again. 

My day at the range this past saturday was 50 AE followed by .460 Rowland and then some .400 Corbon (another great 40 caliber).  So I may not be the best but I haven't heard anyone complain about 10mm.

I don't see anyone having difficulty handling a 10mm. Even the original Norma branded ammo was considered snappy by 10mm standards but hardly a problem. Rent one at the range or get a buddy who has one and try it out again.

My day at the range this past saturday was 50 AE followed by .460 Rowland and then some .400 Corbon (another great 40 caliber). So I may not be the best but I haven't heard anyone complain about 10mm.

I didn't have any complaints shooting it that I can recall.

II read the FBI originally was going to go with 10mm but female agents couldn't handle it. 

They couldn't "handle" it in the sense that the cartridge made the grip too big for some agents (male & female) with smaller hands - not that it was too powerful.

• Like 1

They couldn't "handle" it in the sense that the cartridge made the grip too big for some agents (male & female) with smaller hands - not that it was too powerful.

I wanted to like this but it seems I've exceeded my "like" allowance for today.  I felt everyone was extraordinarily good since my last logon so I was generous not realized I was to be put on a budget.  So consider this "liked".

I didn't realize that. Learned something new today. The article I read said it was because it was more powerful. Actually it may have said both. Not sure this was the same article but it is similar, because it mentions the Miami shootout.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/self-defense/guns-ammo/the-beloved-10mm-too-powerful-even-for-the-fbi/