croze

New from OCNJ

First timer. Haven't participated in forums before, so please forgive any transgressions. Submitted for my FPID 8/17/2016. Still haven't received it as of 11/22/2016.

Stumbled upon NJGF while trying to get information about FPID issues.

I joined NJGF a couple weeks ago. Just noticed the Introduction section.

I haven't owned a gun before, Though I have shot while on working travel. Oklahoma and Texas.

Wife had always resisted guns. Wasn't until this August, she said you better get armed.

Anyway thank you for this fine site.

~~ Curtis

Welcome man. Have you called your pd and asked? Maybe post your town so people can share similar experiences. Pro tip 1 on forums. If you want to reply directly to someone in a thread you should quote their post instead of just replying. Pro tip 2. If you have a question make sure you search first, many times its been asked a whole lot of before

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Thanks very much for feedback.

I have called and spoken to Detective at OCNJ PD several times. Nice guy. He told me he is having a problem with tracking down fingerprints from State Police.

I have just this morning submitted a citizens request for information on NJSP site about fingerprints from MorphoTrust. I have also called MorphoTrust, not very helpful people.

Hang in there....It's Jersey...it's a "process"....it's a test of patience. I'd definitely stop by and inquire about the status. When you do get your FID card...always apply for 3 permits at a time. The wait should be less after your initial process. Good Luck and welcome to Joysee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Curt.

I used to work down your way (Somers Point).  I'm currently working in Hell on Earth (Pleasantville).

Hang in there....It's Jersey...it's a "process"....it's a test of patience. I'd definitely stop by and inquire about the status. When you do get your FID card...always apply for 3 permits at a time. The wait should be less after your initial process. Good Luck and welcome to Joysee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njqbn45 is correct here.  The FID wait time is more lengthy than applying for a handgun permit once you've already got your FID.  That said, it really depends on the municipality, inflow of applications, personnel, system changes, etc.  I've heard of people getting their permits inside of a month, and others who have waited many months.  Just keep on them about it.  Eventually they'll get tired of hearing from you, and they'll sign your documents.