Howard

Any deals on a Burris Fastfire 3, 8 MOA ??

Thinking of buying a Burris 300237: NEW FastiFire III Red Dot Tactical Sight - 8 MOA Dot Reticle for when I get a my PPQ Q5 and was wondering if there are any good Black Friday deals on it.  No big rush to buy it, but if I can get a great price I thought I might pre-buy

Free FF3 gets you model 300234  3 MOA only in rebate, not what OP wants.  Careful what you wish for.  FF3 comes in 2 3MOA and 2 8MOA varieties.

Ok, I am far from an expert on these things, what are the two variants of 8 MOA so I get the right one.  I want this for USPSA carry optics use.

I believe the only difference is whether is comes with no mount 300237 or with a Pic rail mount 300236.  Here's the funny part, I know the Pic Rail Mount  is separate in the box, so you maybe able to get either if your going to use it on a PPQ Q5.  I also heard the FF3 uses the Docter plate but the screws are the wrong size.  You need to pick up different screws. See excerpt posts below.  Best price on a 300236 so far I seen is Amazon, $199.

Spacegunner: Your friends were right. I just received my FastFire3 today and went to mount it, but the tapered head screws that come with the FF3 are too big in diameter for for the Q5 Docter adapter plate. The Walther supplied screws are cap screws and won't work.
The screws that come with the gun are cap screws and not made to work in the FF3. Can you find out from your friends, what size screws they used? 

The Walther plate takes M3 screws. If your Burris uses tapered heads, get M3 tapered head screws. Check the screw length you need. I used 10 mm length mounting my Vortex Vipersmile.gif

This is exactly what I needed to know; thank you.
If I can't find a tapered head, a cap screw would work, since the optic is held in place by four pins on the mount. Except for aesthetics, just as solid.

As an add-on to the above: Found the right screws at a local, well stocked hardware store. To adapt a FastFire 3 to a Walther adapter plate, you need 3mm X 10mm tapered head screws. They work well.

Thanks.  I had heard that about the screws.  I am not getting the Q5 for a while, so I am only looking to get the sight if I can get a great price.  I assume it is always available on Amazon for $199.

Now here is the strange thing I just saw on Amazon.  Burris 300237 Fastfire III No Mount 8 MOA Sight (Black) is $229 while Burris 300236 Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 8 MOA Sight (Black) is $198.  Why would it cost more with no mount than with the Picatinny mount?  I would assume you take off the Picatinny and you end up with no mount, or is there more to it?

Not that I know of;  Only thing I can think of is more price pressure on Pic rail model.  I have 2 3MOA FF3 both are models 300324.  When I put the one on my Ruger Mark 2 I know I purchased a mount for the dovetail not using the Pic rail, but I do not remember any problems involving the Pic rail.  I have the second one still in the box, I'll have to check it out, FYI, same pricing with the 3MOA models as well. Who knows.....

Price track it on camelcamelcamel.com shows this is about as low as it has been all year.