Sign in to follow this  
JimB1

My wife's new shotgun

Let me preface this with, I don't know a lot about shotguns so I am learning as I go along. I love my wife but I have to say, where I tend to research exhaustively, she's got style and instinct that she runs off of and it seems to work for her.

She's been talking about shooting clays for a while now and her boss is a hunter and does trap and clays fairly often so they have been talking about it a bit. She's a Beretta fan so I let her know about the current incentive they have for the A300 and A400s figuring she'd like one of those so she wanted to go take a look at Heritage Guild yesterday since they had something I wanted. (I got a 10/22 I am going to turn into a target rifle).

So I got her setup with one of the sales guys and I wanted her to take a look at a Remington 870 Wingmaster 20Ga they had but they sold it already so I left her to check out a few others and when I came back she had a couple of Benellis, a Beretta A391 (I think) and a Franchi on the counter and was talking with the sales guy. So after a little more discussion on warranties and support as well as reliability she made her choice.

So her new shotgun is... a Benelli Ethos 20 Gauge. 

http://www.benelliusa.com/ethos-shotgun

It's a beautiful shotgun with an engraved nickel receiver and the Benelli inertia dampening system (I think they use it in the high end Beretta and Franchi models as well, maybe in Stoger too, in other words it's well tested) . The stock is very high quality wood and the finish is just outstanding on it. The 20 Gauge is apparently new, though the 12 has been out for a little while now and is getting very good reviews. 

Here's a little clip of Julie Golob using the 12, 20 and 28 gauge versions of each for a fun little demo:

So what do you think? Anyone tried the Ethos yet? We probably aren't going to get to try it out for a few weeks yet (we couldn't even pick it up yesterday because NICS wasn't working again apparently :( )

Let me know,

-Jim

JimB's wife or her new shotgun?

Bring her to the next Shotgun Shootout

Probably a better chance of me bringing the shotgun then her coming. She's a law student and finals are in a few weeks so she's studying every waking moment right now :(

-Jim