Rob0115

Who blew their Black Friday / cyber Monday budgets?

My wife is really good about letting me indulge my hobby but I've definitely gone a little sale crazy. I don't have buyers remorse but more looking for help with excuses when all these packages start showing up.

I had been picking up what I felt I needed (mostly reloading supplies, rimfire, shotgun, and a few AR parts) to survive a Clinton presidency, and Murphy as governor in 2018. all year long  So not really looking for anything in particular as I feel the best pricing is yet to come at the close of the first quarter 2017.  Did see a Lead Sled for a great price so treated myself, other than that, unless it screams superbuy, I'll be 10 10 on the side.

Traded for another WASR and finally found a fixed AK triangle stock, besides that didn't see any gun sales that blew me away.

On the other hand though, I bought a TV, soundbar, computer, and a bunch of clothes, so budget was blown in the end.

I did.... but mostly on Cigars.  Got some ammo and some other misc stuff... but the Cigar acquisitions killed the wallet.

Good point I wasn't limiting it to guns but that's where all my dough went over the weekend.

I did. I do keep questioning myself though. Like I want the Geissele DMR but couldn't afford it even on sale so maybe I shouldn't have gone for the ALG ACT when I really like two stage better anyway. And maybe that Aero $250 package wasn't so great.... I'm not even going to start talking about PSA ...

I bought nothing this weekend or on Black Friday.  I'm setting cheese aside for a Dan Wesson Silverback in .45ACP (my first 1911) I'll be ordering once my permits come in.  At a cool $1500 (the absolute lowest price I've seen online), all other purchases can wait, haha.

As a college student who works a minimum wage job and has been saving up, I did buy a used Stevens 311 for $135 and 20 rounds of 00 Buckshot at the Hertiage Guild in Rahway. It kind of burned a hole in my wallet.

• Like 1

As a college student who works a minimum wage job and has been saving up, I did buy a used Stevens 311 for $135 and 20 rounds of 00 Buckshot at the Hertiage Guild in Rahway. It kind of burned a hole in my wallet.

Be proud you're both in school and working.

I didn't really see any sales on anything I would have bought, and nothing was cheap enough I didn't need. I spent way too much money this past summer, too. I was looking on primary arms for their aim point sale, but they didn't discount optics like they did last year... Bummer.

It sure does :)

I've seen a 40K bottle of Scotch in Total Wine this summer.  The sales tax alone is close to that Louis XIII.  It's not there any more, looks like there are customers for this.  Too bad I didn't take a picture.

It sure does :)

I've seen a 40K bottle of Scotch in Total Wine this summer.  The sales tax alone is close to that Louis XIII.  It's not there any more, looks like there are customers for this.  Too bad I didn't take a picture.

Was it Balvenie 50 Year? I was eyeing a bottle of 30 year old to put away for retirement. 

• Like 1

Was it Balvenie 50 Year? I was eyeing a bottle of 30 year old to put away for retirement. 

I suspect it was.  It still exists on the Total Wine website:

http://www.totalwine.com/scotch/single-malt/balvenie-50-yr/p/144587750-1?glia=true&s=303&pid=cpc:Shopping+US+NEWJ+ENG+SPART:::google:&gclid=Cj0KEQiA6_TBBRDInaPjhcelt5oBEiQApPeTF_-v5Dp31ouRmerUEEg2bCgQdXd2EK0R9_y_R6qkyjkaAva_8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

If I buy it (take a home equity loan?), no retirement for me ever.  A 12-years Glenfiddich works fine for me :)

:russian:

I suspect it was.  It still exists on the Total Wine website:

http://www.totalwine.com/scotch/single-malt/balvenie-50-yr/p/144587750-1?glia=true&s=303&pid=cpc:Shopping+US+NEWJ+ENG+SPART:::google:&gclid=Cj0KEQiA6_TBBRDInaPjhcelt5oBEiQApPeTF_-v5Dp31ouRmerUEEg2bCgQdXd2EK0R9_y_R6qkyjkaAva_8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

If I buy it (take a home equity loan?), no retirement for me ever.  A 12-years Glenfiddich works fine for me :):russian:

I was in a whiskey bar in Manhattan and they were charging over two grand for two fingers worth.