If you're looking for statute you can link to that says "It's LEGAL!", you're not going to find it.  NJ Statute does not list every possible thing that is legal.  NJ only defines illegal use.

Body Armor ("Body Vests") are Illegal to use in the commission of, or escape from, a crime.  Otherwise, they are unregulated in NJ.

http://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/title-2c/section-2c-39-13/

Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Section 2C:39-13 - Unlawful use of body vests

2C:39-13. Unlawful use of body vests

1.Unlawful use of body vests. A person is guilty of a crime if he uses or wears a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit murder, manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, burglary, kidnaping, criminal escape or assault under N.J.S.2C:12-1b. Use or wearing a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit a crime of the first degree is a crime of the second degree. Otherwise it is a crime of the third degree.

As used in this section, "body vest" means bullet-resistant body armor which is intended to provide ballistic and trauma protection.

L.1983,c.152,s.1; amended 1999, c.306.

• Like 2

Tactical sh!t i jumped on their black friday sale for the rma plates for 99bucks.

I shot em an email, so well see what happens.

This was the first non eye roll moment i got from the wife about getting armor. If they do cancel it atleast ill have a case to place another order from somewhere and maby she wont beat me with them...

My plates should be going out today. The vendor gave the retailer some misinformation about the law in NJ. I sent them an email, and got a response this morning apologizing for the delay.

Already have the carrier, now i need to add a few pouches etc to finish the kit