ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

the argument is of the states that will fight this. Therefore carry states that you have listed that " practice " are less likely to fight this.

Not Moot.

NJ is the wild card depending on the timing.

The way I see it is that NJ is a may issue state and in fact issues CCPs, albeit a ridiculously small number.  The bill is not limited to shall issue or constitutional carry states.  The fact that some privileged persons qualify and receive permits is enough.  Will the Democrats fight it?  Absolutely.  Will clearly be a fast track to the SCOTUS which in itself is probably a 2-3 minimum timeline.

It says, "who is carrying a valid identification document

containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant

to the law of a State and which permits the person to

carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm"

So you need a photo ID such as a drivers license and a carry permit.

It does NOT say the photo must be on the carry permit. Plain and simple language here. 2 separate documents. Plain as day!

Summabitch!

He's right

• Like 1

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp260.pdf

You don't need to put anything in the resident state permit part.

Read the instructions carefully!  They do not contact your references.

FL is $112 I think. This is only $100.00 and no prints, training, pic or Notary needed as with FL.

• Like 1

So NJ residents cannot apply for the NH license.  On the back of the form is states:

"A non-resident pistol license will not be issued unless you supply:

1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside."

So NJ residents cannot apply for the NH license. On the back of the form is states:

1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside."

incorrect

Just read your response. Did you send a copy of your NJ ID anyway?

Any info on the court ruling?

Just asking because I just filled out the form and ready to send it tomorrow.

It states on the page that I opened the pdf from that it's no longer needed. It also quoted the court case. You're good to go. Just fill out the app, and send a $100 check with it.

Another thing I've been thinking about. Even though the Republicans hold the majority in the House and Senate, we still need to urge all of them to vote in favor. Make those phone calls and send those emails.

• Like 1

So NJ residents cannot apply for the NH license.  On the back of the form is states:

NJ residents can apply. - 

"[W]e cannot disregard the fact that residents of certain states, like New Jersey, may simply be unable to satisfy state requirements for a license that differ from New Hampshire’s statutory requirements. Because the rules at issue here effectively incorporate into New Hampshire’s requirements for concealed-carry licenses the requirements established by other states for the issuance of concealed-carry licenses, the rules change the requirements of [the state statute], and thus, “add to, detract from, or modify the statute which they are intended to implement.” Accordingly, we conclude that the challenged rules — requiring nonresidents to provide proof that they hold resident state licenses in order to obtain concealed-carry licenses in New Hampshire — are ultra vires [i.e., beyond the Department’s powers] and, therefore, invalid."

Sourcehttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/06/02/n-h-supreme-court-rejects-agency-imposed-limits-on-concealed-carry-permits-for-out-of-state-residents/?utm_term=.726bf13f5a29

• Like 1

It states on the page that I opened the pdf from that it's no longer needed. It also quoted the court case. You're good to go. Just fill out the app, and send a $100 check with it.

Another thing I've been thinking about. Even though the Republicans hold the majority in the House and Senate, we still need to urge all of them to vote in favor. Make those phone calls and send those emails.

Ok, thank you.

Heller decision said the states have a right to regulate, and also Heller was vauge concerning if the right extends outside the home. That is how NJ and a couple of other holdout states have been able to do what they have been doing.

This new bill will solve all of this.

Everyone should read the Heller decision in its entirety. If you really want to see how close we came as a country to losing our 2a rights, read the dissenting opinion as well. Remember there were 4 dissenters, including the Chief Justice.

We are very very lucky that President elect Trump won.

^^^ This ^^^   and link to Heller if you haven't read it.  Dissent toward the end - http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/07-290.pdf

"Neither the text of the Amendment nor the arguments advanced by its proponents evidenced the slightest interest in limiting any legislature’s authority to regulate private civilian uses of firearms. Specifically, there is no indication that the Framers of the Amendment intended to enshrine the common-law right of self-defense in the Constitution. "     Justice John Paul Stevens in dissent to Heller

It says,  "who is carrying a valid identification document

containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant

to the law of a State and which permits the person to

carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm"

So you need a photo ID such as a drivers license and a carry permit.

It does NOT say the photo must be on the carry permit. Plain and simple language here. 2 separate documents. Plain as day!

NH is good to go!

Thanks for the clarification. Does anyone see in the actual bill itself that this will apply to folks like us who can't get a carry permit here? I want to make sure the bill itself states that this will apply to a person with an out of state permit as well, even if they do not have a permit from their own state. I know the articles states this is the case, but if anyone can confirm this is in the actual bill itself, would be much appreciated.

The reason I'm asking, is because of this video. Listen at about 30 second to a bit after 1 min.

The first big hurdle is getting the bill through the House judiciary committee. The vast majority of bills introduced die in committee without ever hitting the floor, simply because the committee chair decides there are other bills that are more important to review.

Beyond that, if passed, a federal judge will grant an injunction while certain states debate this endlessly in court.

In other words, don't hold your breath.