ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

The first big hurdle is getting the bill through the House judiciary committee. The vast majority of bills introduced die in committee without ever hitting the floor, simply because the committee chair decides there are other bills that are more important to review.

Beyond that, if passed, a federal judge will grant an injunction while certain states debate this endlessly in court.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

The house judiciary committee members.

https://judiciary.house.gov/subcommittee/full-committee/

Thanks for the clarification. Does anyone see in the actual bill itself that this will apply to folks like us who can't get a carry permit here? I want to make sure the bill itself states that this will apply to a person with an out of state permit as well, even if they do not have a permit from their own state. I know the articles states this is the case, but if anyone can confirm this is in the actual bill itself, would be much appreciated.

The reason I'm asking, is because of this video. Listen at about 30 second to a bit after 1 min.

Viewed it a couple times.  In NJ we're still screwed.  Like Sig226GuyNJ said, watch between 30 sec to 1 minute.

Viewed it a couple times. In NJ we're still screwed. Like Sig226GuyNJ said, watch between 30 sec to 1 minute.

He said states that "don't like" CC. By that I think he meant states that prohibit it outright. Technically NJ recognizes CC even though it restricts it. It would have to abide by this bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://freebeacon.com/issues/national-reciprocity-bill-will-apply-non-resident-gun-carry-permits/

This link is from the other thread here. According to Hudson himself the bill *will* allow us to ccw here on out of state carry permits

"Many gun owners in states that use a “may issue” permitting process, such as California or New Jersey, are not able to obtain concealed carry permits from their home state—even if they’ve passed a background check and met the training requirements—since the final decision in those states is left at the discretion of government officials. However, those same gun owners may be able to obtain a non-resident permit from a state with different gun laws. Under Hudson’s proposal, that permit would allow them to carry across the country—including in their home state."

http://freebeacon.com/issues/national-reciprocity-bill-will-apply-non-resident-gun-carry-permits/

This link is from the other thread here. According to Hudson himself the bill *will* allow us to ccw here on out of state carry permits

"Many gun owners in states that use a “may issue” permitting process, such as California or New Jersey, are not able to obtain concealed carry permits from their home state—even if they’ve passed a background check and met the training requirements—since the final decision in those states is left at the discretion of government officials. However, those same gun owners may be able to obtain a non-resident permit from a state with different gun laws. Under Hudson’s proposal, that permit would allow them to carry across the country—including in their home state."

He can say whatever he wants but I want to see it written in the actual bill. That's the only things that's I trust, not what he says is in it.

He can say whatever he wants but I want to see it written in the actual bill. That's the only things that's I trust, not what he says is in it.

In full agreement. Any chance of fighting NJ with this needs more than intent. I want it written in bold faced print and in redundancy. Something we can wave at the NJ legislature without them needing glasses. Like John Hancock did for the king lol.

Constitutional carry states.

http://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarryIndex.htm

Data is missing Missouri which I'm pretty sure passed not long ago. That makes 12 states that won't fight.

By my count , Nj,Hi, Md,Ny, IL,and Ca may fight.

Of those Ca and Ny issue. Nj we know. Not familiar with Hi and Md or IL

My point is the trend is going our way

You said something that makes sense that makes one.

For the record Illinois was forced to issue by the courts. Only Maryland, Hawaii, and NJ don't issue as a matter of practice even though they claim they do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

One of these days, I going to reply to this.

Each person applying for a Permit to Carry a Handgun must supply a letter of need, specific in content, as to why they have a
need to carry a firearm in the State of New Jersey. If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter

with this

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

One of these days, I going to reply to this.

Each person applying for a Permit to Carry a Handgun must supply a letter of need, specific in content, as to why they have a

need to carry a firearm in the State of New Jersey. If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter

with this

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ya my friend. That's for face to face with Weinberg.

Truly I understand where you are coming from.

I'd like to say to them

" keep and bear? Or militia?" You're choice.

Big hungry said we need short sleeves.

and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant

to the law of A state and which permits the person to

carry a concealed firearm OR is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides,

How can you read it any other way........ the OR makes all the difference........A non-resident permit is from A state......

I feel confident if passed we will benefit.

He said states that "don't like" CC. By that I think he meant states that prohibit it outright. Technically NJ recognizes CC even though it restricts it. It would have to abide by this bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't decide if the word choice was intentional or not. Technically, all fifty states issue CC, but those of us who live here in NJ know what that means. Per Congressman Richard Hudson, I think the bill is now (it wasn't earlier, it may change yet again) worded to allow NJ residents to carry on a non-resident license, but NJ politicians "not liking" the 2nd Amendment expect them to draft legislation placing a multitude of restrictions because as the Congressman said (go to 0:44), "[We] have to follow the laws of that state." NJ will never ban CC outright—that would lead to a Heller challenge they would lose—but count on the predominantly Democratic legislature to make it as difficult an humanly possible.

The PRNJ will make a new law that CCW is legal and all may apply and be granted a permit.

Carry will be permitted in NJ only on days that don't end in the letter Y!

We may also get the Fife clause.....Gun must be carried empty with one round allowed in your left breast pocket!

I thought I read that it was written into the bill that a state can't make arbitrary laws....... like places you can't carry like "on school grounds" .....nj can't say "within ten miles of a school". only counts for "on" property. Also I thought this bill as written will get rid of mag limits and the hollow point issue for us.

I agree totally. I was simply stating what Jersey would like to do.

I will not buy another neutered magazine as I too believe standard capacity mags are in our near future!

They are also trying to pass new laws to make suppressors easier to get and legal for all. Off the NFA list. I can't wait!

They are legal in 42 states, let's go to 50! Weinberg and Sweeney are responsible for my present and future hearing loss!

I agree totally. I was simply stating what Jersey would like to do.

I will not buy another neutered magazine as I too believe standard capacity mags are in our near future!

They are also trying to pass new laws to make suppressors easier to get and legal for all. Off the NFA list. I can't wait!

They are legal in 42 states, let's go to 50! Weinberg and Sweeney are responsible for my present and future hearing loss!

I think the supressor bill removing them from the NFA just removes the $200 tax stamp and would only require a nics check but states like ours that they are not allowed still wouldn't be allowed.

Viewed it a couple times.  In NJ we're still screwed.  Like Sig226GuyNJ said, watch between 30 sec to 1 minute.

that interview is older and was based on the original draft of the bill. it has since been rewritten for better clarification and to unscrew states like nj

It's a little disheartening to see that not one Rep from NJ signed on as cosponsor yet !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Because they all suck now. Chris Smith 10-20 years ago maybe. You would think coming from a family that owned a sporting goods store he would be near the top of the bill, but I doubt he will sign on. Tom MacArthur?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk