ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

Keep dreaming. This is a party-line vote if ever there was one. As much as I sympathize with people who get caught driving across state lines they are fucking idiots for the most part. Especially PA residents snagged in NJ.

I go to multiple forums. Gun owners in other states do care and will call their Representatives. I think the problem in NJ is there are too many jerkoffs that only care about themselves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I go to multiple forums. Gun owners in other states do care and will call their Representatives. I think the problem in NJ is there are too many jerkoffs that only care about themselves.

We tend to view this issue from our pathetic perspective. WE want this law more than Pennsylvaniacs or Ohioans do. It's everything to us but a mere matter of convenience to most of the rest of the country with the possible exception of the New England states. That's why I believe simplicity is the best course.

If this passes kit and kaboodle and I get shit for the next ten years from you guys it doesn't change my logic such as it is.

We tend to view this issue from our pathetic perspective. WE want this law more than Pennsylvaniacs or Ohioans do. It's everything to us but a mere matter of convenience to most of the rest of the country with the possible exception of the New England states. That's why I believe simplicity is the best course.

If this passes kit and kaboodle and I get shit for the next ten years from you guys it doesn't change my logic such as it is.

You're forgetting about California and Maryland. While Californians can get permits to carry there are few cities in Southern California they can carry

I'd feel a little better just seeing one NJ rep supporting this. Truth be told I think our reps are scared shitless about this bill. They may actually find themselves having to defend it in this land that has forsaken the 2A for so long.

Sweeney has made it very clear that NJ will NEVER be a carry state and Weinberg wants to go a step further

and "Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate" the guns we own now!

Why not call Trump and ask for open borders? It makes about as much sense.

has anyone wrote to weinberg , or sweeney  and asked them what they think of this ? 

JohnnyB has it right.  Their attitude will never change until death. Weinberg, "Confiscate. Confiscate, Confiscate", Sweeney, "Not on my watch!".  What else you want to know?

Sweeney has made it very clear that NJ will NEVER be a carry state and Weinberg wants to go a step further

and "Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate" the guns we own now!

Why not call Trump and ask for open borders? It makes about as much sense.

It's libtard attitudes like Sweeney and Weinberg that defeated Hildebeest. Which will make it all the sweeter when this becomes federal law backed by a conservative SCOTUS and is shoved down their throats just like their agenda has been shoved down ours for so many years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's libtard attitudes like Sweeney and Weinberg that defeated Hildebeest. Which will make it all the sweeter when this becomes federal law backed by a conservative SCOTUS and is shoved down their throats just like their agenda has been shoved down ours for so many years.

A google search for the right terms, brings back thousands of hits

https://www.google.com/search?q=tourist+arrested+for+gun+in+nyc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Here is the first one

<snip>

Elizabeth Elderli never leaves her Houston home unarmed. So, when the 31-year-old former U.S. Marine visited Manhattan's September 11 Memorial, two guns were in her backpack when she saw a "no firearms" sign at the security checkpoint.

Elderli told a police officer about the loaded 9-mm. and .380-caliber semi-automatic guns -- both covered by her Texas-issued concealed weapons permit, which she believed was valid in New York, her attorney claims. But she quickly learned that the Empire State's gun control laws bear no resemblance to those in effect back home. Elderli was arrested in the Saturday incident, charged with felony possession of a weapon and left facing 3 ½ to 15 years in prison.

<snip>

It is our hard line against guns, that is going to lead to National Reciprocity, and CCW coming to the north east.

• Like 1

Here is a guy who came to this liberal hell hole of a State to repair damaged cell towers so people could use their phones. He followed NC law and voluntarily informed the officer he had a firearm in the vehicle. He got arrested for his good deeds. He didn't have time to research NJ maze of laws and likely didn't even think about the handgun because he had to be at the repair location within 24hrs of receiving the call. Luckily he was pardoned.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.com/articles/16862110/nc_man_facing_nj_gun_charge_hopeful_for_christie_p.amp

I'd feel a little better just seeing one NJ rep supporting this. Truth be told I think our reps are scared shitless about this bill. They may actually find themselves having to defend it in this land that has forsaken the 2A for so long.

Congressman Tom MacArthur is a supporter of the bill.  Please take the time to contact his office and ask him to become a co-sponsor... 

Burlington County Office - 856-267-5182

Ocean County Office - 732-569-6495

Washington DC Office - 202-225-4765

Chris Smith hasn't signed on as co-sponsor. Just called his office in DC and guy who answered the phone claimed he didn't know his position. Said he would pass on my concerns. Sent an email. Chris Smith is the longest serving Congressman by far from NJ.

I would be very suprised to actually see a NJ rep openly support it. Nothing to gain by doing so, a lot to lose back here if they do. I dont care what anyone else says I believe any kind of carry outside of leo here in NJ is such a foreign, scary, inbred concept the democrats would have a field day publicly tar & feathering any NJ republicans who came out in favor of this. You know, the whole blood in the streets and wild west thing. Sure, the facts that its not so in the rest of America wont matter, facts never stopped a false democrat/liberal agenda anyway.

• Like 1

Facts never stopped a right wing/neo conman agenda either. My point: that type of speach is why even most moderate Democrats; whom generally speaking can be reasoned with, view gun owners as a bunch of nut jobs. I find it mind blowing that after all these years that most 2A activists haven't figured this out yet. Doomsday hyperbole and talking down to people never won anyone over. Every time someone says Libtard a moderate becomes an Anti.

• Like 5

Facts never stopped a right wing/neo conman agenda either. My point: that type of speach is why even most moderate Democrats; whom generally speaking can be reasoned with, view gun owners as a bunch of nut jobs. I find it mind blowing that after all these years that most 2A activists haven't figured this out yet. Doomsday hyperbole and talking down to people never won anyone over. Every time someone says Libtard a moderate becomes an Anti.

Agreed 100%.  Although I am in agreement with all of the tactical-dressed, camo wearing guys at all of these rallies, I feel that we would make much more progress for our cause if we showed up dressed business casual, with smiles on our faces and a friendly attitude.  We're all ambassadors for a cause and ambassadors don't make any headway trying to intimidate or scare the people they're trying to persuade. 

• Like 5

Agreed 100%. Although I am in agreement with all of the tactical-dressed, camo wearing guys at all of these rallies, I feel that we would make much more progress for our cause if we showed up dressed business casual, with smiles on our faces and a friendly attitude. We're all ambassadors for a cause and ambassadors don't make any headway trying to intimidate or scare the people they're trying to persuade.

I completely agree

I'm going to call Booker, and tell him that law abiding gun owners need his continued support.

I wrote both senators and my rep, here is the one I crafted for the two democrats, the one for my republican representative was changed accordingly:

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 - Hudson, NC

Sen. -------------,

Ideally NJ would honor the plain and known meaning of the Second Amendment. It is extremely ironic that NJ was the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights which includes Amendment the Second while today we enjoy the most unconstitutional firearm laws. I do not see any relief in the immediate future so national reciprocity is the best low hanging fruit available. NJ judges do not sign off on applications due to the “justifiable need” clause of the carry permit statute. The law is stacked against us. No one meets the standard which in itself is unconstitutional.  I do not need a reason to exercise a right protected by the Bill of Rights, the right protected by the Amendment is reason enough.

The leadership of New Jersey Second Amendment Society has posted that Rep. Hudson's bill will be changed to include wording that specifically allows NJ residents to use a permit from another state. So for instance a person like myself who has passed a federal NICs background check, taken the training, paid the fees and received a FL and VA permit to carry a handgun, can use these permits in NJ without fear of felony arrest. I carry in 30+ states when I travel for work and pleasure. Not once have I become the person that opponents of this bill have characterized. There have been no wild shootouts or blood in the streets. I have not brandished my handgun and scared people. The weapon has been safely concealed and used for legal purposes  while driving, shopping, eating in restaurants, taking a walk, working, site seeing and similar. Nothing will change to endanger the lives of the innocent with passage of this bill. Law abiding gun owners are the safest citizens in the USA. We have to be in order to keep our rights.

Now I know that as a Democrat from the northeast you are not predisposed to support anything that favors the 2nd Amendment.  I believe I can make that broad brush stroke based on what I’ve heard and read. None the less, you are an intelligent individual that should rise above the party plank and support the Constitution.  We the law abiding citizens of NJ would like to be included in the benefits of the national reciprocity bill when it becomes law. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated and would go a long way for continued support. We also would like to see you sign on as a co-sponsor of any Senate version if you haven't already.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

• Like 1

I wrote both senators and my rep, here is the one I crafted for the two democrats, the one for my republican representative was changed accordingly:

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 - Hudson, NC

Sen. -------------,

Ideally NJ would honor the plain and known meaning of the Second Amendment. It is extremely ironic that NJ was the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights which includes Amendment the Second while today we enjoy the most unconstitutional firearm laws. I do not see any relief in the immediate future so national reciprocity is the best low hanging fruit available. NJ judges do not sign off on applications due to the “justifiable need” clause of the carry permit statute. The law is stacked against us. No one meets the standard which in itself is unconstitutional.  I do not need a reason to exercise a right protected by the Bill of Rights, the right protected by the Amendment is reason enough.

The leadership of New Jersey Second Amendment Society has posted that Rep. Hudson's bill will be changed to include wording that specifically allows NJ residents to use a permit from another state. So for instance a person like myself who has passed a federal NICs background check, taken the training, paid the fees and received a FL and VA permit to carry a handgun, can use these permits in NJ without fear of felony arrest. I carry in 30+ states when I travel for work and pleasure. Not once have I become the person that opponents of this bill have characterized. There have been no wild shootouts or blood in the streets. I have not brandished my handgun and scared people. The weapon has been safely concealed and used for legal purposes  while driving, shopping, eating in restaurants, taking a walk, working, site seeing and similar. Nothing will change to endanger the lives of the innocent with passage of this bill. Law abiding gun owners are the safest citizens in the USA. We have to be in order to keep our rights.

Now I know that as a Democrat from the northeast you are not predisposed to support anything that favors the 2nd Amendment.  I believe I can make that broad brush stroke based on what I’ve heard and read. None the less, you are an intelligent individual that should rise above the party plank and support the Constitution.  We the law abiding citizens of NJ would like to be included in the benefits of the national reciprocity bill when it becomes law. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated and would go a long way for continued support. We also would like to see you sign on as a co-sponsor of any Senate version if you haven't already.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

You can remind Booker of his comment on Bill Maher to the effect that during his tenure as mayor of Newark not a single gun crime was committed with the help of a "legal" gun.

A Liberal is a Liberal. You vote Dem you deserve gun control. Maybe Democrats like being controlled. There is no reasoning with them, we already tried that route. There is no compromising when it comes to the Second Amendment.

If this does go through for concealed, does it me we will automatically get open, too?

I think that NJ license to carry does not differentiate.

Doubt it. CCW does not necessarily imply open carry, see Florida for an example. Doubtful we'll get NJ permits, our hope is recognition of non resident permits.

The NH permit does allow it.

The NJ permit, should anyone ever capture that unicorn, allows for both.

To me, this is the way is should be. You should not have to worry about getting busted for open if part of your gun peeks out when you move.