ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

I can see why NJ2AS/Alex stopped participating here. This place feels like the proverbial bucket of crabs at times.

I can understand why they don't participate. One they would have to answer their claims. Two this forum has zero moderation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I believe there's a link to an article about it somewhere in this thread. It was posted the morning of the 12th. I'm on my phone, so it's a bitch to search.

The same article had popped up in my FB news feed that morning. I came here to share it but somebody beat me to the punch.

• Like 1

I believe there's a link to an article about it somewhere in this thread. It was posted the morning of the 12th. I'm on my phone, so it's a bitch to search.

The same article had popped up in my FB news feed that morning. I came here to share it but somebody beat me to the punch.

Excellent.

I can see why NJ2AS/Alex stopped participating here.  This place feels like the proverbial bucket of crabs at times.

Sometimes the shit people post on this forum makes me feel like I'm not battling with my legislators for better fire arms rights just my so called fellow gun owners. 

I think Zeke said it best in my signature 

• Like 3

I can see why NJ2AS/Alex stopped participating here. This place feels like the proverbial bucket of crabs at times.

Ohh he read this whole thread. But he's not going to waste his time commenting. No point in Alexander participating here. I can't blame him.
  • Like 2

Agreed. Probably the same Debbie Downers in this are the same ones who didn't think Trump and the NRA could won this election.

Nope. I was 100% behind Trump. I put my money up too. Donated to his campaign and placed multiple wagers. I just don't like people taking credit for something they didn't do in order to boost their name. Since some of you guys know the NJ2AS guys directly who paid for their trip to DC and where did they stay? Why is there no answer to how these changes were made before their trip? Lastly why wasn't it mentioned that Meg Fellenbaum didn't have a concealed carry permit in any state or a PA LTCF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rep Hudson's legal aid is not Rep. Hudson. A photo with an aid in a hallway is proof of exactly bubcus. So unless Rep. Hudson himself says they had a part in the changes I'm not buying it.

You think he personally writes the legal wording portions of his bills? They were meeting with the person that actually does write the wording.

As the story continues to evolve, lol. Still doesn't change the fact that all the changes they claim to have helped orchestrate happened before their trip. Nice try though, kudos.

What did you personally get accomplished for us in NJ legislatively this year, on a state or federal level?
  • Like 1

What did you personally get accomplished for us in NJ legislatively this year, on a state or federal level?

Deerslayer that really is not a fair response. Not that I know what hairlessape did or didn't do, but to my knowledge he is not claiming to have done something he didn't. I can appreciate some of the things NJ2AS has done, but to post stories about taking credit for something that it appears from the facts they did not do hurts their credibility. If there is some proof of their accomplishment other than they said so and a picture please post it.

Deerslayer that really is not a fair response. Not that I know what hairlessape did or didn't do, but to my knowledge he is not claiming to have done something he didn't. I can appreciate some of the things NJ2AS has done, but to post stories about taking credit for something that it appears from the facts they did not do hurts their credibility. If there is some proof of their accomplishment other than they said so and a picture please post it.

Then let him answer my question for himself.

"We have been working on this since JUNE. Do they even realize there were two major Bills before in the 2016 congress? Wonder why there is only one now? A State permit NOT a resident permit. Major difference. And it was not ALL magazines and ALL ammo. It was ANY magazine and ANY ammo. Meaning any capacity magazine and any type of ammo. Did NOT cover an extra or spare magazine or loose ammo you might have in you car. The language we are requesting as a new change is asking to add OR ANY AMMUNITION INTENDED TO BE LOADED and magazineS meaning any extra mags you have not just the one in the gun."

-Alexander Roubian-

Any and All would have the same meaning in the context of the bill.

They aren't now taking credit for there being 1 Bill instead of 2 now are they? If so my mind is made up.

So they are requesting changes but they haven't been added. Ok I believe that to be true.

• Like 1

You're ridiculous, Deerslayer. I never claimed to have done anything. I simply pointed out that their claims ring false against the facts we have available. All you've been doing is trying to bend those claims to kinda sorta align with the facts. And now you start with the strawman argument since you have no answer for the facts. A piss poor attempt, but at least you try.

• Like 1

Well according to the Huffington Post (which is a crap gossip column if you ask me) - The potential reality of National concealed carry is as good as gone due to the recent 4th circuit ruling.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-nras-concealed-carry-dream-takes-a-hit-in-court_us_5890caa9e4b02772c4e992d5

My question that I cannot quickly determine by the biased news articles - Was Robinson legally carrying a concealed weapon?   Or was he indeed a "felon" and therefore not supposed to even own a firearm, let alone carry one?

How quickly is this appealed?  Likely to have an effect on H.R. 38?   Personally I dont think the bill will ever get to Trumps desk.  I know most of you are more optimistic.   

• Like 1

Well according to the Huffington Post (which is a crap gossip column if you ask me) - The potential reality of National concealed carry is as good as gone due to the recent 4th circuit ruling.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-nras-concealed-carry-dream-takes-a-hit-in-court_us_5890caa9e4b02772c4e992d5

My question that I cannot quickly determine by the biased news articles - Was Robinson legally carrying a concealed weapon?   Or was he indeed a "felon" and therefore not supposed to even own a firearm, let alone carry one?

How quickly is this appealed?  Likely to have an effect on H.R. 38?   Personally I dont think the bill will ever get to Trumps desk.  I know most of you are more optimistic.   

If you read the NRA article, you will find that Robinson was not legally in possession (He is a felon).  

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170127/federal-appeals-court-s-shocking-pronouncement-lawful-gun-carriers-must-forfeit-other-rights

The argument that this decision has any impact on passing national reciprocity is tenuous at best. 

• Like 2

Well according to the Huffington Post (which is a crap gossip column if you ask me) - The potential reality of National concealed carry is as good as gone due to the recent 4th circuit ruling. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-nras-concealed-carry-dream-takes-a-hit-in-court_us_5890caa9e4b02772c4e992d5

That article was cancer. Nowhere did they mention that Robinson was a felon. Their argument was that the 4th ruled that being "armed" always means "dangerous" therefor all CCW is illegal. The fact that Robinson was a felon changed this dramatically: "Armed" + "prohibited" = dangerous. Even then this seems a secondary citation/charge since being armed while prohibited is already a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman in the middle next to Alexander is Hudsons legal aid Natalie. Still think he didn't go to DC and meet with his team last week? Notice the sign on the wall, next to the door in the background with Hudsons name on it? That's his congressional office.

1. It's a cardboard cutout of the aid. Either that or they got her outside by promising her a bag of donuts.

2. Sign clearly says "Richard Hooper, North Carolingia."

3. The guy on the right is wearing a shirt and not drenched so it can't be Roubian

• Like 1

1. It's a cardboard cutout of the aid.

2. Sign clearly says "Richard Hooper, North Carolingia."

3. The guy on the right is wearing a shirt and not drenched so it can't be Roubian

Could be photo shopped... except he showed me the toll receipts from the trip.

Could be photo shopped... except he showed me the toll receipts from the trip.

I'm curious as to why a friend would feel required to show you toll receipts, or why you as a friend would ask to see them in the first place.

Better quit while most of us at least believe he was there. 

I'm curious as to why a friend would feel required to show you toll receipts, or why you as a friend would ask to see them in the first place.

Better quit while most of us at least believe he was there.

He read this post. And in disbelief of what he was reading, even after he provided visual photographic proof of meeting with the NC representatives legal bill writing council. Said "do they want copies of my toll receipts?", and messaged them to me... I believe he went, I know he did.

First it was a question of whether he met with them or spoke on the phone with them. I post a picture, and now it's well he may have met with them but he didn't meet with the representative himself, which he did. And what he spoke to them about wasn't in the rewording of the bill from the 3rd of January. Yeah because he met with them on the 17th to ask that they further include magazine, and ammo wording as well into the text of the proposed bill. If they include the suggestions NJ2AS made or not is yet to be seen, but at least they're thinking about it now, before the bill gets voted on without those changes. What other NJ based 2A group went to DC on behalf of all gun owners in the state, and asked for any clarifications to be mentioned? None that I'm aware of. The guy goes on his own time for our benefit, and is ridiculed for it? I don't understand the way half the guys on this forum think sometimes honestly...

• Like 1

Here is their lie

NJ2AS has been fighting for New Jersey gun owners in regard to the national reciprocity bill for months now, and we are very happy to report that our requested changes were accepted in the final draft of the bill. The big changes we fought for which were added to the final Bill are the following:

Allowing NJ residents to carry in New Jersey with any State permit.

Having the magazine in the firearm be protected by the law to prevent NJ from arresting people with standard capacity magazines.

Having the ammunition loaded in the magazine and firearm be protected by the law so people are not arrested for carrying hollow-point ammunition.

Now they did none of that. That is admitted above.

The truth will be IF their changes are accepted. That is to be seen.

Deerslayer you have to admit their wording is not truthful on their website. By your own admission their changes have not been accepted. They were caught exaggerating their accomplishments. They really should fix their website. If their changes are accepted then they can take credit.

Deerslayer you say on his time. What hotel did he stay at and how was it paid for? If I had a non profit paying for a nice hotel and a trip to DC I would go too. I admittedly don't know where they stayed and how it was paid but I asked a couple times and it has not been addressed.