ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

West Virginia, 1.85 million people, 1,000 last names, priceless.

We stayed at a B&B in Maine 30 yrs ago. Four years later we were heading back but we forgot where it was. "Don't worry, we know the town and their name was Johnson." When we got to the town I found a phone directory. There were like 5 full pages of Johnsons. We called a couple and one finally knew where the B&B was located. I'm going to go all NJ2AS on you guys now: It was because of that visit that Maine now enjoys Constitutional Carry. 

up to 152 co-sponsors.  Still only 2 Dems.  

Anyway - I cant figure out where I found it but some website gives this bill a 5% chance of getting to Prez Trumps desk.  LOL.  Them are some good odds.  I am sure its not taking the current congressional situation in account and rather looking at the history of similar bills.  Just found it funny.  They could of at least given it a 7% chance.  

up to 152 co-sponsors. Still only 2 Dems.

Anyway - I cant figure out where I found it but some website gives this bill a 5% chance of getting to Prez Trumps desk. LOL. Them are some good odds. I am sure its not taking the current congressional situation in account and rather looking at the history of similar bills. Just found it funny. They could of at least given it a 7% chance.

over 50%( r) of the house is co sponsoring. Please try to find that fake news link

up to 152 co-sponsors.  Still only 2 Dems.  

Anyway - I cant figure out where I found it but some website gives this bill a 5% chance of getting to Prez Trumps desk.  LOL.  Them are some good odds.  I am sure its not taking the current congressional situation in account and rather looking at the history of similar bills.  Just found it funny.  They could of at least given it a 7% chance.  

over 50%( r) of the house is co sponsoring. Please try to find that fake news link

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr38

Prognosis:

5% chance of being enacted according to PredictGov (details)

I wrote an email to my lovely representative Donald Norcross about this issue and I finally got a response. It was basically told me to go pound sand. I can't wait to get out of this state. Here's his response.

"Thank you for reaching out to me with your concerns about proposals for a national concealed carry law. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this issue. As your Representative, I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you directly.

As you know, there are several proposals currently in Congress that would allow for national concealed carry practices. These bills would allow for persons who already possess a state-issued concealed carry permit for their personal firearm to travel across state borders where their permits may not allow them to travel currently. They would also allow concealed carry permits to reciprocate across states.

I believe that local and state decisions to limit permits for concealed firearms should be respected. A national concealed carry law would override state and local authorities, and would directly oppose existing New Jersey laws on concealed carry permits. Currently, applicants in New Jersey for a concealed carry permit must demonstrate a justifiable need to carry a concealed firearm. National concealed carry laws would undermine the will of the people in New Jersey and other states and cities across the country. Individual states and cities should have the authority to choose for themselves the best practices on firearms when it comes to keeping streets safer for our children while ensuring that the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to bear arms is ensured.

Thank you again for your interest. If I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Donald Norcross

Member of Congress"

Now it is 1% ????

Prognosis:

1% chance of being enacted according to PredictGov (details)

Prognosis Details
This bill has a 1% chance of being enacted.
Factors considered:

The overall text of the bill decreases its chances of being enacted. The bill's primary sponsor is a Republican. The bill is assigned to the House Judiciary committee. The bill's primary subject is Crime and law enforcement.

(Factors are based on correlations which may not indicate causation.)

Predictions are by PredictGov.

I'll wager that the same language in the bill that would really help us here in NJ, is responsible for the dismal chances of it passing. They might want to drop the provision about non-resident permits granting resident-state reciprocity to get it passed. It won't help us in the short term, but it will pave the way for a successful legal challenge. 

You guys keep bringing up the revenue aspects of these licenses. Just do the math. It's bubkes. No state is going to change their stupid laws for an extra $30 million in revenue.

This is not apples-to-apples, but CT is going after $9MM.

http://www.guns.com/2017/02/10/ct-gov-malloy-wants-to-up-pistol-permit-background-check-fees/

http://www.guns.com/2017/02/10/ct-gov-malloy-wants-to-up-pistol-permit-background-check-fees/

This is not changing a position. This is a way to make things more burdensome on legal gun owners while simultaneously raising more revenue. A win win to these people.

I'm surprised he just didn't propose that the new fee would be equal to the budget deficit. That way there would either be no permits or only one and a balanced budget.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What a duplicitous ignoramus.

"We don't want anyone from any state to be able to carry a gun in New Jersey," Panozzo went on,

Panozzo added that he hoped that gun owners could work with the Brady Campaign on the issue of gun violence. “We want well-trained, fit American citizens to have guns and use them for the defense of their family, for hunting, for sport,” he said.

I'm well-trained and fit! Where's my carry permit??

• Like 1

"We want well-trained, fit American citizens to have guns and use them for the defense of their family, for hunting, for sport,” he said.

It's really hard to use a gun for defense if you have to leave it at home.

"Hold on there chap! Please stop beating me while I run home to get my gun"

Are these people born this way or are there special classes were you learn to suspend logical thought?

• Like 1

"We want well-trained, fit American citizens to have guns and use them for the defense of their family, for hunting, for sport,” he said.

It's really hard to use a gun for defense if you have to leave it at home.

"Hold on there chap! Please stop beating me while I run home to get my gun"

Are these people born this way or are there special classes were you learn to suspend logical thought?

Born this way ....  :banghead: 

Its is because of this ignorance that I have no hope of ever being able to carry in NJ.

......under HR 38, someone who was deemed unfit to own a gun by New Jersey's standards could acquire a gun in a state with less strict vetting, and legally carry it in New Jersey......

What make you unfit to carry a gun in NJ is if you have not been assaulted repeatedly by someone who has vowed to kill you.

The mother of stupidity is always pregnant!!!

• Like 1