ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

So ? As all the fraud ridden, incompetent hospitals & drug companies go out of business (a bit of stretch), someone else figures out a better way.  Knowing who is going to pay for it, People will care more about their health.  Providers either compete or go out of business.  Free market does not prohibit people forming "clubs", "coops", "organizations" to negotiate bulk rates.  Instead of being forced through employers or IRS, one can shop around across any artificial boundaries and still get better (than today) rates. 

From the day existing model gets dismantled completely, thrown into trash, it doesn't even take 5 years for total transformation. 

This is similar to dooms day predictions by certain NJ population if NJ were to go constitutional carry overnight. The world would be better place. 

It's not a stretch at all. I've been working in or reporting on those businesses for 32 years. A hospital could not survive a week on the sum of money a typical patient could come up with, which I read just this week is less than $2,000. Drug companies have similarly built their businesses around a pricing model that crumbles without big-ticket insurance. 

Tell the drug rep he's now on salary, specifically $35,000 a year and not the $150,000 he was pulling down. Tell the surgeon that he's now on salary too, $90,000, and see how much longer he shows up for work. Tell the vendor that's been selling sanitization products to ERs and ORs that they're only getting $5 per kit instead of $40 and see how many more shipments they send. Tell the millions of parasites who get everything for free that they now have to trade their food stamps for long lines at the local witch doctor's.

I'm not saying it's right or fair or moral, it's the way it is. We let it get that way because we're greedy, innumerate, and intellectually lazy. That cat is already out of the bag. You think they're marching now for pussy power and free $8 birth control scripts, wait until they have to pay for a lumpectomy from their savings. Watch when they don't get an ultrasound because they would rather spend the money on their data plan, then sue someone because their kid was born ugly.

You're guilty of the wishful thinking that doomed all these reform proposals. You think the system is simple. It's not.

Not to accuse but you're probably young and healthy and probably insured. The notion of being responsible for a $100,000 (or higher) hospital bill is as foreign to you as classical Urdu. But I can tell you from experience that it doesn't take all that much bad luck to face something that scary. 

• Like 1

It is true, only at the Federal level will we see any relief here in NJ.

Either a US Supreme court decision (like a Peruta, which btw is awaiting cert right now)

or a National Reciprocity Bill like the Hudson one....let's hope for both of the above.

Our elected representatives here in NJ would not let Christie even add a word or two to our justifiable scheme. It is a travesty.

A Hudson type law and or Peruta type positive US Supreme court decision are our only hope.

Agreed. It will be much easier with the  Supreme court than trying to get this past in both houses.  Even if it passes  IMO is doubtful NJ will comply without and order from the court.. Even then the'll drag their feet.. 

32 minutes ago, ramnj said:

CCW will never happen in NJ as long as "The People of  NJ" keep voting the same politicians back into office. 

Unfortunate but true. 

I imagine most feel as you do. Which is why voter turnout this next cycle is expected to be less than 30%.

Now, think about for a second. If you can rally the downtrodden and pessimisticly broken like yourself. You can effect change.

Jus sayen

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I imagine most feel as you do. Which is why voter turnout this next cycle is expected to be less than 30%.

Now, think about for a second. If you can rally the downtrodden and pessimisticly broken like yourself. You can effect change.

Jus sayen

Lower turnout is exactly how a republican has a snoball's chance in hell of winning, ie Christie getting elected after Obama.... although just wait until Murphy gets started with his campaign message of "$15 an hour, ban guns, free college" platform.

27 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Lower turnout is exactly how a republican has a snoball's chance in hell of winning, ie Christie getting elected after Obama.... although just wait until Murphy gets started with his campaign message of "$15 an hour, ban guns, free college" platform.

Rock the vote

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maksim said:

And pro sanctuary state. Might as well have Hillary running. NJ gonna be what she wanted the country to be.

3 hours ago, ramnj said:

CCW will never happen in NJ as long as "The People of  NJ" keep voting the same politicians back into office. 

Unfortunate but true. 

Trump, or someone much more pro-2A in the Trump administration needs to instruct the Justice Department to start prosecuting anti-2A states like NJ, NY CA etc. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zeke said:

And I thought Edgar Allen Poe was depressing....

Yup, the truth can hurt. Murphy is probly the most Progressive gov candidate NJ has seen.

24 minutes ago, deerpark said:

Trump, or someone much more pro-2A in the Trump administration needs to instruct the Justice Department to start prosecuting anti-2A states like NJ, NY CA etc. 

reminds me, Trump formed some 2A Coalition full of pro gun folk...I wonder if they actually have his ear or that was a trick play for votes.

Just now, siderman said:

Yup, the truth can hurt. Murphy is probly the most Progressive gov candidate NJ has seen.

reminds me, Trump formed some 2A Coalition full of pro gun folk...I wonder if they actually have his ear or that was a trick play for votes.

I disagree.

Its not truth, its depression and apathy by individuals.

Nobody starts anything with a failure attitude.

And that needs to change

Damn I hate to say this but I agree with Zeke. The defeatist pussy attitude many of you show combined with the amount of stupid gun owners who still vote Dem is why this state sucks. Trump won because the working class actually voted. If the working class gets out and votes in NJ we will at least get another GOP governor. Maybe this time he won't be a RINO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3