ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

On 11/28/2017 at 8:51 AM, bzer1 said:

Of course not. These caret baggers, screw up an area, then when it becomes too oppressive and expensive they flee the very damage they helped cause, then set up camp and do the same thing in other areas. There was a time in the not too distant past that folks were fleeing NY for NJ to get away from the high taxes and corruption.

There is a name for that sort of behavior, parasitic. These liberals are parasites, plain and simple.

Was watching the broadcast from the committee, and they "Ayes" had it. :)

I don't really know if this meeting was just to "finalize" it or "move" it.  If anyone else knows, please chime in, but sounded promising.

P.S. Saw Roubian sitting in the (empty) public section.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AdamM said:

I don't really know if this meeting was just to "finalize" it or "move" it.  If anyone else knows, please chime in, but sounded promising.

I guess if you haven't called your reps yet, this would be the time to do it?

Yes, I know some people might argue, "how will this help us in NJ?" - but I think it would exert even more pressure, bolster any subsequent legal suits brought, etc. It's another incremental step forward.

Besides, from a simple standpoint of JUSTICE, the way out-of-state concealed carry licensees have been abused by this state is just WRONG - and IMO it needs to stop. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AdamM said:

One step forward for mankind.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Here is a link to the NRA-ILA for just that purpose.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171127/concealed-carry-reciprocity-is-on-the-move-your-lawmakers-need-to-hear-from-you-now

Click on the "Write Your Federal Lawmakers" in the article.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Xchief30 said:

Fingers crossed, but looks like we have long way to go and Senate needs some encouragement from pro-2A Citizens.

We are only a month away from a total anti-2A rampage in NJ.

------------------------

The bill is expected to advance quickly to the House floor, perhaps as early as next week. It likely would have a tougher time in the Senate, where it would need Democratic votes to pass, though similar legislation came within three votes of advancing in 2013.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yes, I know some people might argue, "how will this help us in NJ?" - but I think it would exert even more pressure, bolster any subsequent legal suits brought, etc. It's another incremental step forward.

Besides, from a simple standpoint of JUSTICE, the way out-of-state concealed carry licensees have been abused by this state is just WRONG - and IMO it needs to stop. 

do you mean how woudl this help nj if it passes? 'cause we'd be allowed to carry at that point.

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

do you mean how woudl this help nj if it passes? 'cause we'd be allowed to carry at that point.

Perhaps I missed something in the translation...? I thought this was the bill that would recognize a concealed carry permit issued from the person's state of residence (only). I have to go look at this again. Maybe I'm thinking of an earlier version?  Sooo confused right now... guess I haven't been tracking this legislation that closely! 

Are you saying it would recognize ANY concealed carry license? Like if you had one of those NH ones that lots here were applying for, for instance? 

Peel, that is correct.  If you, a NJ resident, have a CCW in "any" state, you could use it in NJ if Hudson's bill gets thru without alteration.  As mentioned before, the House will probably be pretty easy to get this thru, the Senate is a whole other matter.  We'd have to hope that either a couple Dem's get onboard, or the can get 52 votes and use the "nuclear" option.

• Like 1

Please , I am hopeFul but realistic -there is zero no none not going to happen no matter what is passed - that you will be able to carry in NJ. EVER.

so sorry.....my rep gottheimer- what do you think he is goin to do?

What do you think the NJ state leg is going to do?

It will be a long long long long fight....if it even happens

Did I read this wrong? Each state determines..NJ still sets rules?

As passed by the committee, the law would treat a concealed-carry permit like a driver’s license, allowing individuals permitted by any one state to carry a concealed gun into any other, regardless of the discrepancies between the states’ permitting criteria. Each state would still be allowed to determine those criteria for its own citizens and all permit holders would be required to abide by local laws.

3 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Did I read this wrong? Each state determines..NJ still sets rules?

As passed by the committee, the law would treat a concealed-carry permit like a driver’s license, allowing individuals permitted by any one state to carry a concealed gun into any other, regardless of the discrepancies between the states’ permitting criteria. Each state would still be allowed to determine those criteria for its own citizens and all permit holders would be required to abide by local laws.

if so,thats when we bust out the 14A...equal protection under the law

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, siderman said:

if so,thats when we bust out the 14A...equal protection under the law

Let's hope!  And if they do, this *should* trash the magazine limits issue too.  If someone comes into NJ with a 23 round mag for their CCW, that should be Legal.  Thus, we should also be able to use "standard" capacity mags in NJ.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Perhaps I missed something in the translation...? I thought this was the bill that would recognize a concealed carry permit issued from the person's state of residence (only). I have to go look at this again. Maybe I'm thinking of an earlier version?  Sooo confused right now... guess I haven't been tracking this legislation that closely! 

Are you saying it would recognize ANY concealed carry license? Like if you had one of those NH ones that lots here were applying for, for instance? 

yes maam, that's what ima saying.

:::::::::::

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.::::::::::::::

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q={"search"%3A["concealed+carry+reciprocity+act"]}

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

I just posted in another thread on the forum, sound like NJ will still control us. 

to a point. but if it passes as worded, nj cannot stop a single one of us from carrying.