ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

5 minutes ago, carl_g said:

OK maybe it does, I am not sure but regardless.. my point is that that if this happens(for NJ residents) it is a work around, loop hole, whatever you want to call it. I don't see how that would be able to stand. Believe me, I hope it happens but I don't see it, not the way its worded.

If you use the DL argument.. N.J. Would become a no drive state. You’d jus have to drive around.

Using the same DL argument. AZ you can drive as soon as you touch the pedals.

25 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Or getting a FL dl cause you have a dui here. Or a Md cause your an illegal.

granted, you get popped with an out of state, and suspended instate you find yourself facing a gavel.

that's a little different. i think every state asks if you're revoked/suspended in any other state.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

If you use the DL argument.. N.J. Would become a no drive state. You’d jus have to drive around.

Using the same DL argument. AZ you can drive as soon as you touch the pedals.

No. Look, I know its not what you want to hear but it's something contained in the bill that will get pulled out before it becomes law. It's extra fat in the bill to make the people against it feel like they won something by taking it out before it passes. It's common practice.

24 minutes ago, carl_g said:

OK maybe it does, I am not sure but regardless.. my point is that that if this happens(for NJ residents) it is a work around, loop hole, whatever you want to call it. I don't see how that would be able to stand. Believe me, I hope it happens but I don't see it, not the way its worded.

it would stand because of things like drivers licenses. driving or even owning a motor vehicle is not a right. yet.....all states honor the dl from all other states. for something that is not a right.

2 minutes ago, carl_g said:

No. Look, I know its not what you want to hear but it's something contained in the bill that will get pulled out before it becomes law. It's extra fat in the bill to make the people against it feel like they won something by taking it out before it passes. It's common practice.

Let’s use the tinted windows argument. Out of state, no ticket. In state , ticket 

Just now, Zeke said:

Yes, but they don’t have reciprocity agreements... odd

exactly. yet for something that is a right........there needs to be those recip. agreements with other states.

it would/could be done even more simply if they'd just pass a bill forbidding any state from enacting any laws that are more stringent than federal laws. at least regarding things that are constitutionally guaranteed.

Just now, Zeke said:

Let’s use the tinted windows argument. Out of state, no ticket. In state , ticket 

actually according to a cop friend of mine, they can indeed ticket out of state drivers for tint.

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

exactly. yet for something that is a right........there needs to be those recip. agreements with other states.

it would/could be done even more simply if they'd just pass a bill forbidding any state from enacting any laws that are more stringent than federal laws. at least regarding things that are constitutionally guaranteed.

Agree100% jus like HR38

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

that's not a good argument.

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Agree100% jus like HR38

Oh so now you guys are wanting a federal CCW license?

What about federal over reach and state's rights?

• Like 1

Just now, carl_g said:

that's not a good argument.

Lol, true. Sorta.

the comparison of drivers license is bad as it’s a privilege. Currently ages range from 16 - 18. All legal in N.J. 

Should N.J. only alow out of state drivers that meet instate criteria? Or only out of state emissions that meet instate criteria?

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Lol, true. Sorta.

the comparison of drivers license is bad as it’s a privilege. Currently ages range from 16 - 18. All legal in N.J. 

Should N.J. only alow out of state drivers that meet instate criteria? Or only out of state emissions that meet instate criteria?

No out of state people should be left alone according to this bill. That is the original intent I believe. I am specifically talking about the clause which pertains to state residents using another state's non resident CCW permit to carry in their own state that won't allow them to get a permit. That's probably 90% of the people on this board's situation. Call it whatever you want but it's a loophole irregardless if it is a right or a privilege.

• Like 1

I am in a unique situation, NJ is my primary residence, but I am also a part time resident of NYS  which allowed me to get an unrestricted CCW in NYS. NYS considers me a resident, since they do not issue permits to non-residents.  If the wording of HR38 is ….in the state in which the person resides….., would my CCW in NYS allow me to carry in every other state?  If the wording were primary residence or domicile, I would say no, but I DO reside in NYS, albeit part time. Then again, a case could be made that the wording, THE state in which a person resides, could imply primary residence as opposed to, A state in which a person resides. Well it will be interesting to see how it pans out, though I agree as some have said, no matter what happens, we will never be able to carry in NJ.

4 minutes ago, carl_g said:

No out of state people should be left alone according to this bill. That is the original intent I believe. I am specifically talking about the clause which pertains to state residents using another state's non resident CCW permit to carry in their own state that won't allow them to get a permit. That's probably 90% of the people on this board's situation. Call it whatever you want but it's a loophole irregardless if it is a right or a privilege.

Then it goes back to the tinted windows. “ hey, how come he can tint his windows and I can’t?”

boom... 14th

39 minutes ago, Zeke said:

This is not completely accurate.

If you have a NJ DL and are operating a vehicle with out of state registration, you can still be issued non-moving/equipment violations if the vehicle violates NJ MV laws.

So, if you are driving your brother's tinted out Honda with FL plates and get stopped and you have a NJ DL, You can be issued a summons 39:3-74.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

This is not completely accurate.

If you have a NJ DL and are operating a vehicle with out of state registration, you can still be issued non-moving/equipment violations if the vehicle violates NJ MV laws.

So, if you are driving your brother's tinted out Honda with FL plates and get stopped and you have a NJ DL, You can be issued a summons 39:3-74.

Ok, but if I have Fl license? 

4 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

But - if you have a NJ DL that has not expired in addition to your out of state DL you can.

Not sure how this can happen as you are required in most states to turn in your old licence prior to getting a new one.

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

What’s the driving age in Kentucky?

For girls it's when they are to fat and slow to out run their brothers. For boys it's 37, that's when they learn how to read basic words like speed limit, stop, etc...

• Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, AdamM said:

Here is a link to the NRA-ILA for just that purpose.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171127/concealed-carry-reciprocity-is-on-the-move-your-lawmakers-need-to-hear-from-you-now

Click on the "Write Your Federal Lawmakers" in the article.

Just "bumping" this up. If you haven't called your rep yet, IMO you should do so on Monday. Here's why:

• The anti-2A movement is a loud squeaky wheel with many followers who honestly believe (despite all credible studies to the contrary) that LEGAL gun owners pose a huge threat to society.
  • They are already gearing up... notice the timing of this letter from retired military generals (who, btw, are part of the Kelly/Giffords group - not exactly unbiased). https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-mass-shootings-retired-military-commanders-urge-congress-to-address-gun-violence-crisis/ar-BBG2X1c This letter didn't just happen "organically" only days before the reciprocity act will be voted upon - it's part of a comprehensive PR campaign to clobber the proposed legislation. 
  • These people HATE Trump. They will be frothing at the mouth to block his momentum (due to recent forward movement of tax reform). I fully expect various progressive groups will be swamping reps with phone calls and emails next week. We need to do the same. 
  • Like 2

Was there a thread about "Oath To Constitution" ?

------

Sixteen of the nation’s top retired military commanders are urging Congress to pass gun control legislation, arguing that there are many steps that can be taken to curb gun deaths that do not violate the Second Amendment.

-----

Update: I didnt realize Michael V. Hayden is one of those "military commanders". I call him creep. His types are a disgrace to freedom and what this Country stood for. I wonder what sort of crap he ran at NSA & CIA spying on Americans.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

Was there a thread about "Oath To Constitution" ?

------

Sixteen of the nation’s top retired military commanders are urging Congress to pass gun control legislation, arguing that there are many steps that can be taken to curb gun deaths that do not violate the Second Amendment.

-----

Sadly when it comes to NJ with a few accessions, they are ALL Swamp dwellers.

Tom MacArthur is one exception.

• Like 1

Tomorrow the Supreme Court hears argument for nation wide sports betting.  Really?  Lets pass another addiction that causes people to commit crimes on citizens that don't have the right to protect themselves properly before we look at carry laws.  Why?  4.5 billion wagered on sports betting each year. That's why.  Big business and big money. That's why.  What are they going to bet on? Who's going to kneel and who isn't? 

Your tax dollars at work.