ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

6 minutes ago, BobA said:

Tomorrow the Supreme Court hears argument for nation wide sports betting.  Really?  Lets pass another addiction that causes people to commit crimes on citizens that don't have the right to protect themselves properly before we look at carry laws.  Why?  4.5 billion wagered on sports betting each year. That's why.  Big business and big money. That's why.  What are they going to bet on? Who's going to kneel and who isn't? 

Your tax dollars at work.

They should have taken this in 1976 when they were offered it! At this point it may be the only thing to save AC

This should be  a separate thread, however.

Just now, Downtownv said:

They should have taken this in 1976 when they were offered it! At this point it may be the only thing to save AC

This should be  a separate thread, however.

Yes, maybe they should have.  And yes, it could be a separate thread.  But in the spirit of this thread I was pointing out how they seem to take the safe stuff and cater to the big guys. With all the talk, campaigning, calling and writing we and everyone else is doing.  What are the priorities with these people empowered?  That's all.  Maybe I'm too worked up to properly be on a soap box.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Yes, maybe they should have.  And yes, it could be a separate thread.  But in the spirit of this thread I was pointing out how they seem to take the safe stuff and cater to the big guys. With all the talk, campaigning, calling and writing we and everyone else is doing.  What are the priorities with these people empowered?  That's all.  Maybe I'm too worked up to properly be on a soap box.  

See, betting, drugs, right to eat fat burgers, right to choose gender every day in the morning, right to come into the country, right to free stuff.. all the noble things that dont challenge establishment, that turns the sheeps into more even docile sheep.... thats where their priorities are.

Second amendment, on the other hand, is the ONLY thing with some real teeth, hence NOT a priority at all. Its a MIRACLE that they even took up Heller.

• Like 1

Was there a thread about "Oath To Constitution" ?

------

Sixteen of the nation’s top retired military commanders are urging Congress to pass gun control legislation, arguing that there are many steps that can be taken to curb gun deaths that do not violate the Second Amendment.

-----

Update: I didnt realize Michael V. Hayden is one of those "military commanders". I call him creep. His types are a disgrace to freedom and what this Country stood for. I wonder what sort of crap he ran at NSA & CIA spying on Americans.

Yet again that is the problem. The globalists, neo-cons, and neo-liberals have infiltrated all levels of government they don't give a damn about the Constitution. Many would love nothing more than a One World Government often referred to as NWO. Just because they don't act in the defense of the Constitution doesn't make it right, in fact it makes them traitors.

Did Chris Smith ever give his support to the bill seems his office didn't know. Too lazy to look it up right now.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Gottheimer - 3 emails three days no response except Autoresponder - piece of garbage that he is....  Effing Bergen county asshats.....  migrating to Sussex county ruining it 

some truth to that but the big blame goes to the state re-districting the dems did a while back. they knew how to carve up the state just right in their favor. They saw the plague of urban sprawl and took advantage of it. I will however give thanx to Gotthiemer for one thing. I did not vote for him -or any dem ever- but my daughter was having issues on a school district not fulfilling a promise for some teaching cert she deserved just would not respond to her. After months she was told to contact Gotts office which she did and that afternoon the school didtrict called my daughter and soon reversed their negligence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Yet again that is the problem. The globalists, neo-cons, and neo-liberals have infiltrated all levels of government they don't give a damn about the Constitution. Many would love nothing more than a One World Government often referred to as NWO. Just because they don't act in the defense of the Constitution doesn't make it right, in fact it makes them traitors.

Did Chris Smith ever give his support to the bill seems his office didn't know. Too lazy to look it up right now.

We are on same page, just coming from different directions.

https://www.facebook.com/RepThomasMassie/posts/1843059172384905

"As Chairman of the Second Amendment Caucus, I’m blowing the whistle on the swamp. Last week, Republicans in the House fast tracked through committee HR 4477, a gun bill titled “fix-NICS.” The Senate version of this bill is cosponsored by Senator Dianne Feintstein and Senator Chuck Schumer and it will send $625 million over 5 years to states to expand the national background check database. The bill will also advance former President Obama’s agenda of pressuring every branch of the administration (such as the Veteran’s Administration) to submit thousands of more names to the NICS background check database to deny gun purchases. The House bill is identical in every way to the Senate bill except the House bill will also commission a study on bump-stocks.

What you don’t know, and what virtually no one in Washington wants you to know, is that House leadership plans to merge the fix-NICS bill with popular Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation, HR 38, and pass both of them with a single vote. Folks, this is how the swamp works. House leadership expects constituents to call their representatives demanding a vote on the reciprocity bill, when in fact the only vote will be on the two combined bills..."

Read the whole thing.

$625 million over 5 years is peanuts and will accomplish absolutely nothing! So expand the NICS by thousands more who should not have guns to begin with. Like the Texas church killer!

I call fair trade to get CCW in the PRNJ for the first time since the 1920's! It's about time good people like Shaneen Allen stop getting caught in an unfairly complex web of unconstitutional laws!

The Republicans are using this do nothing "Fix NICS" bill to garner a few Dem votes to insure passage of the much more important legislation "National Reciprocity".  This is pure strategy and I for one love it!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

$625 million over 5 years is peanuts and will accomplish absolutely nothing! So expand the NICS by thousands more who should not have guns to begin with. Like the Texas church killer!

I call fair trade to get CCW in the PRNJ for the first time since the 1920's! It's about time good people like Shaneen Allen stop getting caught in an unfairly complex web of unconstitutional laws!

The Republicans are using this do nothing "Fix NICS" bill to garner a few Dem votes to insure passage of the much more important legislation "National Reciprocity".  This is pure strategy and I for one love it!

+1

This is an abomination.  It's back door gun control. Look at #5 on Massie's list. It extends the list of "prohibited people" not by court decision but by administrative means. There's no due process. You may not even know you are on the list until you get denied and why you are in it.

This is what Obama did with an executive restricting gun ownership to certain types of social security recipients.  The next class of "prohibited people" will be veterans. I mean don't they all suffer from some PTSD? Just a little?

Besides, rights should not be treated as bargaining chips. The moment you enter this path, not only there's no coming back from it, but it only will lead to more loss of right. Gun control history is full of examples.

But more importantly I would and will not BARGAIN AWAY somebody's rights so I could have some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

while i don't like the idea of "trading" anything for something that should never have been stolen in the first place.....i have to agree 100% with this.

9 hours ago, WP22 said:

This is an abomination.  It's back door gun control. Look at #5 on Massie's list. It extends the list of "prohibited people" not by court decision but by administrative means. There's no due process. You may not even know you are on the list until you get denied and why you are in it.

This is what Obama did with an executive restricting gun ownership to certain types of social security recipients.  The next class of "prohibited people" will be veterans. I mean don't they all suffer from some PTSD? Just a little?

Besides, rights should not be treated as bargaining chips. The moment you enter this path, not only there's no coming back from it, but it only will lead to more loss of right. Gun control history is full of examples.

But more importantly I would and will not BARGAIN AWAY somebody's rights so I could have some.

I am in full agreement and am having trouble believing so many here are ok with a *national* anti gun bill sponsered no less by Fienstien & Schumer! Talk about letting the fox in the henhouse....Does anybody remember the outrage when The Obamanation proposed this in its first rendition? How almost any "healthcare" professional -not a judge-could initiate the removal of your 2A right? I know we are desperate here but but I for one am not about to resort to cannibalism to avhieve ccw here. This is how the anti gun movement wins. Sure $650 isnt a lot but it gets the program up and running- the foot in the door to expand and implement more & more. The dems know that forcing  a few "unfriendly" ccw states (like NJ) for a nationwide anti enforcement is a great trade for them because  they know ccw will be a long viscious fight here and at best will be so restrictive it will be almost useless and I guarentee all these ccw guns will spend more time locked up in cars than on your waist.

8 hours ago, WP22 said:

The above post is very important.  I'm quoting just to make sure nobody misses what is said there.

If this goes into law us NJ residents can take a trip to Florida and get a CCW permit there that will be valid in NJ. Awesome. 

You can get the FL permit here as well as the Utah permit.
Unless something has changed, no reason drive anywhere other than a local class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, bhunted said:

You can get the FL permit here as well as the Utah permit.
Unless something has changed, no reason drive anywhere other than a local class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my way to Florida on Wednesday to see how my home construction is going. I have an appointment on Friday morning at the Lee county regional office to renew my CWFL. This should be my last renewal as a non resident. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EX Carnival man said:

On my way to Florida on Wednesday to see how my home construction is going. I have an appointment on Friday morning at the Lee county regional office to renew my CWFL. This should be my last renewal as a non resident. 

Just get a NH permit. By far the easiest 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

Where are you moving to in Lee county?

7 hours ago, Downtownv said:

I mean in NJ we go through layers of checks and balances that other states do not. NJ FID approval ,Purchase permitting/approval etc.

We go through all this but all it makes it is legal for us to have a firearm in our home, our business, at the gun shop/smith, at the range and travel in between.  Anything else we are felons.  Concealed carry remedies a large part of this by allowing us to carry wherever not prohibited specifically.  At the moment, we are essentially prohibited from having a pistol/firearm EVERYWHERE in NJ except where they specifically permit us to (see above list).  Concealed Carry reverses that so that we can carry EVERYWHERE except where specifically prohibited (which might be schools, bars, etc).

Yeah we give up something - the fix NICS but so what?  We have nothing now and to be honest, I think we should have a stronger NICS system.  If you're not a felon, you have little to worry about.  Gun control isn't going away, that ship has sailed just as the anti-gunners are not getting 300 million guns banned either as that ship has sailed too.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, supranatural said:

Yeah we give up something - the fix NICS but so what?  We have nothing now and to be honest, I think we should have a stronger NICS system.  If you're not a felon, you have little to worry about.  Gun control isn't going away, that ship has sailed just as the anti-gunners are not getting 300 million guns banned either as that ship has sailed too.

I agree. Who ever crafted NJ laws did so in such a way the SAF, NRA NJ2AS none of them can crack it!

So If HR 38 allows us to carry then bring it! If other states get to ratchet up their laws, let those gun owners fight them, they've never rallied  behind us...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carl_g said:

Where are you moving to in Lee county?

NW Cape Coral. Very quiet up in the North West Cape .Its close to Charlotte Harbor nature preserve   I need to keep the house here in NJ too while we still have Dairy Queen, but at least we now have an exit plan.  I hope to spend A LOT of time in Florida. 

• Like 1