ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

2 minutes ago, NJGF said:

I didn't think is was as they don't have the votes.

I think the House only requires simple majority with is 218 votes... so it has that. But, then it would need to pass the Senate too. 51 votes there (or 50 with VP as tie-breaker).

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

I think the House only requires simple majority with is 218 votes... so it has that. But, then it would need to pass the Senate too. 51 votes there (or 50 with VP as tie-breaker).

Though I believe the Dems can filibuster it in the senate, stalling and not letting it come to a vote unless they get 60 votes. 

Or there is always the 'nuclear" option.  Change senate rules so you only need a simple majority.

Or they can attempt to attach it to another piece of 'must pass' legislation like the budget... 

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

They need 60 votes to overcome a Senate filibuster. A very steep wall.

1 minute ago, USA123 said:

What are the chances of this passing through our Senate? Slim or 50/50?

Slim to none unless more dem senators resign like Al might this week but they have to be in states with Republican governors. It will take a major shift in the Senate to get this through.

This is when I would expect (or is it more of a fading hope?) to see my NRA dues paying off. They should be flooding the internet with short videos about what happened to Shaneen Allen and others in NJ, NY and the other whackadoodle states - so at least ordinary citizens know what the abuses have been.

It seems my expectations of a good communications campaign are always a little too high. None the less, EVERY SINGLE GUN OWNER in this state should be calling their reps on this one regardless of party. We will have to do the heavy lifting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

This is when I would expect (or is it more of a fading hope?) to see my NRA dues paying off. They should be flooding the internet with short videos about what happened to Shaneen Allen and others in NJ, NY and the other whackadoodle states - so at least ordinary citizens know what the abuses have been.

It seems my expectations of a good communications campaign are always a little too high. None the less, EVERY SINGLE GUN OWNER in this state should be calling their reps on this one regardless of party.

wasn't there some public works guys that got nailed too that were from outta state? they came up to help after sandy if i recall? or that old guy with the flintlock? or it would've prolly kept carol bown alive?

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

wasn't there some public works guys that got nailed too that were from outta state? they came up to help after sandy if i recall? or that old guy with the flintlock? or it would've prolly kept carol bown alive?

Yeah, he was working on cell phone towers I believe. Had a gun in his vehicle because he works in desolate areas. Man, did HE get railroaded too. There's been TOO many cases of abuse! We should make sure that EVERYONE knows these cases - cuz they sure as shit won't be profiling them on Dateline or 60 Minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, he was working on cell phone towers I believe. Had a gun in his vehicle because he works in desolate areas. Man, did HE get railroaded too. There's been TOO many cases of abuse! We should make sure that EVERYONE knows these cases - cuz they sure as shit won't be profiling them on Dateline or 60 Minutes.

gettiong these cases on some kind of "mainstream" show would end all this shit. hell.....even if we could get these cases onto vice news, those liberal asshats couldn't spin it....

38 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

gettiong these cases on some kind of "mainstream" show would end all this shit. hell.....even if we could get these cases onto vice news, those liberal asshats couldn't spin it....

No. Did you watch the debates in the house? The Dems might as well renounce their oath to the constitution, and say they want 2a repealed.

that being said I’m going single black mother when I call menendez. Hopefully he’s not a racist...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

No. Did you watch the debates in the house? The Dems might as well renounce their oath to the constitution, and say they want 2a repealed.

that being said I’m going single black mother when I call menendez. Hopefully he’s not a racist...

Way to support single black mothers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

that is what we need people to see.

you don't have to worry about menendez unless you're a 13 year old columbian.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stuckinNJ said:

It has passed the House.

Time to call then senators.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171206/house-passes-concealed-carry-reciprocity

Menendez: 202.224.4744  

Booker: 202.224.3224

You guys are not thinking like a liberal!

Call these 2 a holes and demand they support Diane Fienstiens gun control!!!!!

This is tied to the HR38

You call and tell them you want them to support concealed carry, your wasting your time, you have a better chance of cory booker saving you from a burning building in Newark!

Support Schumer/Feinstien!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

You guys are not thinking like a liberal!

Call these 2 a holes and demand they support Diane Fienstiens gun control!!!!!

This is tied to the HR38

You call and tell them you want them to support concealed carry, your wasting your time, you have a better chance of cory booker saving you from a burning building in Newark!

Support Schumer/Feinstien!

You need to call them up and say that they need to support fix NICS even if they have to compromise and get concealed carry passed as part of it, you don't like it but you are willing to sacrifice for the greater good of background checks - tell them you're sacrificing "for the children."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, supranatural said:

You need to call them up and say that they need to support fix NICS even if they have to compromise and get concealed carry passed as part of it, you don't like it but you are willing to sacrifice for the greater good of background checks - tell them you're sacrificing "for the children."

EXACTLY!

if these expanded NICS checks can save one child's life... use the anti gun lines!

• Like 1