ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

21 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

You guys are not thinking like a liberal!

Call these 2 a holes and demand they support Diane Fienstiens gun control!!!!!

This is tied to the HR38

You call and tell them you want them to support concealed carry, your wasting your time, you have a better chance of cory booker saving you from a burning building in Newark!

Support Schumer/Feinstien!

Nope. Those bills aren’t combined...

yet

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, he was working on cell phone towers I believe. Had a gun in his vehicle because he works in desolate areas. Man, did HE get railroaded too. There's been TOO many cases of abuse! We should make sure that EVERYONE knows these cases - cuz they sure as shit won't be profiling them on Dateline or 60 Minutes.

I believe he was from Georgia.

Edited by NJGF
Dup copy

12 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

There is nothing funny about that level of ignorance!!!! Remember these F-Tards vote!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jackandjill said:

"Gun NONSENSE Of USSR" and "Every Town for CRIME" are spending money, pushing ads out. Saw on this morning on TV.

FYI. 

makes one wonder why the nra and other firearms "supporter" groups aren't doing the same, doesn't it?

• Like 1

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

this is a national thing though.

They are waiting for Bloomberg to blow his load, get tired, then they swoop in for the kill....

1 minute ago, louu said:

Thanks for the link, LoBiondo did us right. 

I am shocked!

• Like 1

old ammoland article discussing vulnerable senate Dems who may vote "Yes"

Ammoland article from March discussing Dems in the senate who may vote "Yes" ....

" A similar national reciprocity bill was put forward by Senator Cornyn in 2013. It came within 3 votes of overcoming the Senate fillibuster.  57 senators voted for it, 43 against it.  After the 2016 election, that number should have switched to 58, assuming that all Republicans vote for the bill, and all Democrats who voter for it before will still vote for it. "

• Like 1

"Texas Sen. John Cornyn, the number two Senate GOP Leader, said on Monday that merging the gun bills complicated the path forward in the Senate and suggested splitting off the background check fix. He has a bipartisan bill on that issue with Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy."

This is what will happen in the senate. They split the bills up again, CCW dies, fix nics passes and gets sent back to the house where it passes and we are hosed.

Unless enough house members have a spine and refuse to support the fix nics bill without CCW attached but that is a long shot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OchoBlue said:

old ammoland article discussing vulnerable senate Dems who may vote "Yes"

Ammoland article from March discussing Dems in the senate who may vote "Yes" ....

" A similar national reciprocity bill was put forward by Senator Cornyn in 2013. It came within 3 votes of overcoming the Senate fillibuster.  57 senators voted for it, 43 against it.  After the 2016 election, that number should have switched to 58, assuming that all Republicans vote for the bill, and all Democrats who voter for it before will still vote for it. "

From his lips to God's ears.

1 minute ago, brucin said:

"Texas Sen. John Cornyn, the number two Senate GOP Leader, said on Monday that merging the gun bills complicated the path forward in the Senate and suggested splitting off the background check fix. He has a bipartisan bill on that issue with Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy."

This is what will happen in the senate. They split the bills up again, CCW dies, fix nics passes and gets sent back to the house where it passes and we are hosed.

Unless enough house members have a spine and refuse to support the fix nics bill without CCW attached but that is a long shot.

Or force the senate to vote and pass CCW first before NICS fix. But it's another long shot.

Just now, WP22 said:

Or force the senate to vote and pass CCW first before NICS fix. But it's another long shot.

Another potential option is for Trump to threaten to veto any fix nics bill that does not contain CCW reciprocity.

• Like 2

Just now, stuckinNJ said:

Ya I’m interested to know the downside for him to do this.

The Dems and progressives hate him anyway. I see no downside.

Just now, Lostboy said:

Will calling those two wing nuts even do anything?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

For the vote? Simply put: No.

however, all calls get logged and they must see support for the 2A in NJ.

my close friend works in Congress and explained to me how all calls and vote requests get logged.

Both calls will take you no more than 60 seconds to make. Just say you’d like to urge the senator to support national conceal carry 

60 seconds...

• Like 4

Did Chris Smith give a reason for his No vote? I used to like the guy, but obviously too much time in NJ and DC has completely changed him. He might as well switch parties. His family owned a sporting goods store. That sold firearms. His office never would give an answer on where he stood and why he hadn't signed onto the bill.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Did Chris Smith give a reason for his No vote? I used to like the guy, but obviously too much time in NJ and DC has completely changed him. He might as well switch parties. His family owned a sporting goods store. That sold firearms. His office never would give an answer on where he stood and why he hadn't signed onto the bill.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Check his site for a press release. Or call the office!

On 12/6/2017 at 0:07 AM, GRIZ said:

I understand your point. But you're talking 1789 and 1868 not 2017.

The COTUS and laws passed by Congress are the law of the land.  It says so in the COTUS.  When states violate the rights guaranteed in the COTUS that's when the Federal government steps in.  From my perspective most SCOTUS cases are 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendment issues.

Rather than plead cases in front of SCOTUS Congress has taken the perogative and is passing a law first.  Each states requirements for a carry permit define that state's interpretation of the 2A.

There are what? Maybe 10 antigun states to varying degrees?  40 others are progun to different degrees.  If...and I doubt if, this ever goes to SCOTUS all that in taken into consideration.  This is when the antigun states will argue this law is in violation of the 10A.

Going to SCOTUS over this law is a crapshoot I don't think liberals want to try.

Thanks for the response. After doing some more research I am now seeing where I was wrong (seems to happen every day). This is a 2A case which was declared by Heller/McDonald to be an individual right and because of the 14th amendment Congress has the right to pass any laws to effectively enforce this against any state infringements. I supported it because I wanted it but now I see it would be perfectly OK from a constitutional perspective (which is what bothered me if it wasn't). Thanks again.