ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

On 12/26/2017 at 8:51 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

It was in the thread on SAFECON... the representative from NJSP made the point that being denied for CCW due to not having "justifiable need" was NOT grounds for later being denied anything else. He went so far as to encourage people to apply! And he was on video too when he made the statements. But, he pointed out, that YES, you do have to answer the question properly on the form and indicate that you were denied. But, your answer simply prompts them to look up your prior application if they see that it was because of inadequate justifiable need, it doesn't count against you. I'll see if I can locate that thread for you.

@voyager9--- here's the thread -- 

Scroll to the comments from September 24th on --- there's a few in there about his presentation (DSG Bloom, NJSP Firearms Unit). 

For what its worth, here is a link to DSG Bloom's presentation at NJSAFE.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting that JW. I'm glad he clarified that the only downside to a CCW rejection is checking the box and adding a one sentence explanation on all future applications.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 0:11 AM, tattooo said:

Empty campaign promise....ain't happening

I'm guessing it will resurface closer to midterm elections. There are a few incumbent senate dems up for re-election in gun friendly states. My thought is that the NRA will lean on Mitch McConnell to bring it to the floor for a vote with enough time to pump cash into opposing campaigns if the incumbent votes no to reciprocity. They're waiting for the opportune moment. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, revenger said:

a few minutes ago Trump just threw us under the bus on reciprocity,  steve scalise bought up reciprocity for any pending gun laws and trump said no,  enter it on its own.

bullshit to that no reciprocity no gun laws

24 minutes ago, revenger said:

a few minutes ago Trump just threw us under the bus on reciprocity,  steve scalise bought up reciprocity for any pending gun laws and trump said no,  enter it on its own.

bullshit to that no reciprocity no gun laws

I also saw this... not even a debate. Flat out said NO! "Not going to happen". 

9 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

I also saw this... not even a debate. Flat out said NO! "Not going to happen". 

Kinda took me back for a second as well when I heard this. But listen, he’s right that nothing will pass with reciprocity in the bill. He is president and he needs to be smart politically with the decisions he makes. I see where he’s coming from. And believe me I want reciprocity. Hopefully when this blows over it can be reintroduced.

• Like 1

I think that's what everyone is misinterpreting, he is saying that now is not the time to introduce reciprocity. Pass the feel good laws first, see how they pan out, then pass reciprocity.

However I'm shocked that he just undermined the NRA publicly like this though.

Kinda took me back for a second as well when I heard this. But listen, he’s right that nothing will pass with reciprocity in the bill. He is president and he needs to be smart politically with the decisions he makes. I see where he’s coming from. And believe me I want reciprocity. Hopefully when this blows over it can be reintroduced.

Let’s hope this is “the art of the deal”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

I think that's what everyone is misinterpreting, he is saying that now is not the time to introduce reciprocity. Pass the feel good laws first, see how they pan out, then pass reciprocity.

B.S.  Pass nothing if we don't get something for it.  I'm done giving in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

Let’s hope this is “the art of the deal”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The alternative is worse.

1 minute ago, Darrenf said:

It may well be .. I hope to god it’s not the time

2 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

take that up with the state, they're the ones fucking us worse than congress is. Extended background checks nationally means absolutely nothing when NJ has things the way we do.

Just now, JR88USMC said:

take that up with the state, they're the ones fucking us worse than congress is. Extended background checks nationally means absolutely nothing when NJ has things the way we do.

This state is beyond repair.  The courts are our way to success locally, but that will take much time and money.

• Like 1

Worth it if we can actually win something. However it's obivous the Supreme Court does not care about state matters at all

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

NJ courts and judges are not your friend....OMO.

The way this works civilized.

Your representatives that you voted for/ against hear your voice and pass legislation. 

You find the legislation unsuitable, you sue.  Appeal, Apeal, Apeal

It ends in a district court that encompasses many states. May possibly go to the Supreme Court of the United States of America that you are a citizen of.

its not the time now

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I don’t think he said “No” from his perspective. If he showed up on his desk, he’d probobly sign it. He just doesn’t think Congress could get a bill through that included NR given the makeup of Congress. 

I just re watched that portion of the discussion. You are correct. The way he phrased it made sound worse than it actually was. He did say he supports National Carry and would like it to come through on a separate bill. his fear is that bundling it with others would kill what they are trying to get done.  

I will add that we keep saying that Trump is the great negotiator and that he’s on our side in the long run but doesn’t want to show his cards. Well, I’d better see some upside soon or I can only be left to think that The Democrats are playing him like a cheap guitar. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I will add that we keep saying that Trump is the great negotiator and that he’s on our side in the long run but doesn’t want to show his cards. Well, I’d better see some upside soon or I can only be left to think that The Democrats are playing him like a cheap guitar. 

I agree, and pause, and breathe.. and I will watch.

One thing that bugged me more than the reciprocity comment was when Feinstein mentioned the “assault weapon” ban and Trump said “yes ok ok add it to the bill. If you can put it all in one bill that would be great. I’ll take a look at it.” Pence and Rubio looked like they saw a ghost when they heard that. 

Link to video: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-dianne-feinstein-erupt-with-glee-after-trump-seems-to-endorse-her-assault-weapons-ban/

25 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

I just re watched that portion of the discussion. You are correct. The way he phrased it made sound worse than it actually was. He did say he supports National Carry and would like it to come through on a separate bill. his fear is that bundling it with others would kill what they are trying to get done.  

The argument is, what are they.. “ they” trying to get done.

Tables have 4 sides.... unless they are circle or elliptical... but that’s jus confusing 

Correct JR...

Where the hell some of you get your news from? CNN?

He said he wants it to be a separate bill and not to be included in the comp bill. That is all. He did NOT say it was off the table. In fact, just the opposite.

Ya’ll need to chill.... you are throwing him under the bus.

Patience grasshoppas....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

What do you suggest?

Hope and prayer posts on Facebook?

25 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

you people are seeing what you want to see...trying to convince yourselves he's not turning on us. he is turning on us.

I think worse-case this is another example where Trump’s words sway with the breeze. It isn’t the first time, this week, that he has said something that completely counters his established policy, other statements, etc.