ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

I would love for this to pass.... schumer (minority leader) said the bill will die once it hits the senate floor.....

He also said today democrates plan to keep he Supreme Court seat open indefinitely unless the nominee is "mainstream" aka liberal.....

I would love for this to pass.... schumer (minority leader) said the bill will die once it hits the senate floor.....

He also said today democrates plan to keep he Supreme Court seat open indefinitely unless the nominee is "mainstream" aka liberal.....

If the announcement from NJ2AS today was correct then Schumer's wet dream becomes our nightmare.

And we used to be soo against EO's last year.

Let's do this right.

I agree but as it battles on the floor for the next 6 months it shouldn't just go to the wasteland.

Also I feel trump has no issue pissing off democratics with nuclear or executive actions

They will give in eventually if they ever want cooperation from Trump. Its a double edge sword that they can hold to each others throat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't think it will die I the Senate as much as Shumer wishes it would. The NRA contributed hugely to the Trump campaign and they are calling in the favor. Not only that the formation of a 2A friendly panel with NRA member on it indicates to me that Trump is serious about being gun friendly. I don't think he'll let Shumer kill it.

Not up to trump. Without 60 supporters it would cause a filibuster unless the senate used a nuclear option to pass with a simple majority.

Hopefully trump can be political and get some dems on his side to support it.

I didn't think it will die I the Senate as much as Shumer wishes it would. The NRA contributed hugely to the Trump campaign and they are calling in the favor. Not only that the formation of a 2A friendly panel with NRA member on it indicates to me that Trump is serious about being gun friendly. I don't think he'll let Shumer kill it.

What exactly did NJ2AS get added to the bill that wasn't already there? Does anyone have an exact wording of what they had added? The original bill posted on Jan 3rd covered all magazines and all ammo. Is there something else?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not up to trump. Without 60 supporters it would cause a filibuster unless the senate used a nuclear option to pass with a simple majority.

I don't think they will use nuclear option on this one. There are enough Dems in Pro-Second Amendment states up for election in two years to get to 60.

• Like 1

I agree, nuclear option will not happen.

I hope it does pass, but not sure 8 dems will cross lines to pass this.

But at the same time I never thought trump would win so what do I know?!

I don't think they will use nuclear option on this one. There are enough Dems in Pro-Second Amendment states up for election in two years to get to 60.

• Like 1

I agree, nuclear option will not happen.

I hope it does pass, but not sure 8 dems will cross lines to pass this.

But at the same time I never thought trump would win so what do I know?!

I don't think the voters in the Dakotas and other such states will soon forget if they don't cross the aisle. At least not in 2 years. If so their choices are be blackballed by their party or lose their Senate Seat. It will be interesting to see which path they choose. I believe there are 11 Dem Senators up for re-election in 2 years in States Trump won and 9 of the 11 barely won 4 years ago.

It's not up to Trump directly but there's a lot more to it than that. He and the Republican party can threaten to kill bills important to the Dems. This wasn't possible with a Republican controlled Congress but a libtard President Obama. Now it is and that's part of how deals like this are made in Congress. Any Dem with half a brain knows that there isn't strong support for gun control so to try to stick it to those Bill doesn't help them in the long game.

• Like 1

I'm not too worried about the NJ2AS-influenced wording.  If all else fails, removal of that wording can be used as a compromise to get the bill to pass.  As long as it doesn't get neutered completely, we should still see a huge improvement (assuming the non-resident part of it doesn't get pulled out, too).  I don't want to see that wording removed, but if it comes down to conference, it might get removed anyway since the wording isn't consistent between both House and Senate versions.

I'm not too worried about the NJ2AS-influenced wording. If all else fails, removal of that wording can be used as a compromise to get the bill to pass. As long as it doesn't get neutered completely, we should still see a huge improvement (assuming the non-resident part of it doesn't get pulled out, too). I don't want to see that wording removed, but if it comes down to conference, it might get removed anyway since the wording isn't consistent between both House and Senate versions.

Where is the proof NJ2AS influenced anything other than their website? I have an acquaintance in Hudson's District contacting him regarding NJ2AS. Hopefully we can can a straight answer.

I don't think the voters in the Dakotas and other such states will soon forget if they don't cross the aisle. At least not in 2 years. If so their choices are be blackballed by their party or lose their Senate Seat. It will be interesting to see which path they choose. I believe there are 11 Dem Senators up for re-election in 2 years in States Trump won and 9 of the 11 barely won 4 years ago.

I certainly dont know the carry laws of every state. Having said that I dont have much confidence in many, if any dems crossing over. Unless this bill in whatever form somehow compromises or negates existing 2A rights in a otherwise 2A friendly state why risk the ire of the democrat party. You think those citizens give a shit about an oppressed state like NJ (aka NYC in many places-same thing, whatever....)? You'll probly get more remarks along the lines of " that liberal toxic shithole can fall into the ocean for all I care"  kind of like what we say, hear about Cali. Either way it will indeed be interesting to see this play out. And then if we are lucky enough this game moves to the NJ playground, bastion of liars, cheaters and outright lawbreakers. 

It's not that they want to HELP us, it is that they want to keep us from putting THEIR citizens in jail, for not obeying our dumb ass laws.

We gun owners just so happen to be helped by it.

I get the feeling this they their way of saying FU to the states that have been screwing them for decades.

True Patriots and Defenders of the Second Amendment care about Americans in every state. Residents of other states also care because they are tired of being arrested for exercising their Second Amendment Rights while having to travel through NJ/NY.

I certainly dont know the carry laws of every state. Having said that I dont have much confidence in many, if any dems crossing over. Unless this bill in whatever form somehow compromises or negates existing 2A rights in a otherwise 2A friendly state why risk the ire of the democrat party. You think those citizens give a shit about an oppressed state like NJ (aka NYC in many places-same thing, whatever....)? You'll probly get more remarks along the lines of " that liberal toxic shithole can fall into the ocean for all I care"  kind of like what we say, hear about Cali. Either way it will indeed be interesting to see this play out. And then if we are lucky enough this game moves to the NJ playground, bastion of liars, cheaters and outright lawbreakers.

Well we already have two dems who have crossed over in the form of co-sponsors, and I do think they care about places like NYC ( original and current language read "states and political subdivisions") that term is a direct reference to NYC.

While they may not care so much about the actual residents, they do care very much about their constituents and even family members visiting these places.

This is exactly what we have all been waiting for.

• Like 2

True Patriots and Defenders of the Second Amendment care about Americans in every state. Residents of other states also care because they are tired of being arrested for exercising their Second Amendment Rights while having to travel through NJ/NY.

YES! Right on!

Called Trey Gowdy's office today( jus press 0)

No schedule for subcommittee to hear HR38

Said to Ck cspan program.

Oddly enough asked what group I was with.

Part of rilly wanted say " the Newtonian Lynch mob".

Gentleman, ladies. Find out your own facts.

I'm no fan of Rubian but the panic and bs that occurs here is very sad. You don't see this "everybody is an expert " in other states.

I know, because I have lived in them.

Keep dreaming. This is a party-line vote if ever there was one. As much as I sympathize with people who get caught driving across state lines they are fucking idiots for the most part. Especially PA residents snagged in NJ.