ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

Maybe I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning but I'm beginning to come around on the window dressing issue. Sorry I have a knee-jerk reaction when I read Shower Boy's posts. I still wonder what role he had in this. 

Where is the proof NJ2AS influenced anything other than their website? I have an acquaintance in Hudson's District contacting him regarding NJ2AS. Hopefully we can can a straight answer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm friends with Alexander Roubian. They had direct contact with Rep. Hudsons office to make rewording suggestions.

It will be, as per the NJ2AS rewording.

Which totally makes sense since those in free America may carry a 17 round mag with HP ammo normally.

Here in the PRNJ, we would potentially be limited to carry neutered 15 round mags and NO HPs without the NJ2AS wording.

National reciprocity would not work well here as a visitor from a free state could go to jail for a large cap mag

or possession of HP ammo and go to prison for 5 years when he/she was legal with the same setup in free America!

• Like 1

That was my thought on it too, for reciprocity to work, we need to accept out of state gun laws, as well as their permits.

Now we need is a pistol with a 30 round AR type magazine, and then those will be good to go. :haha:

I'm friends with Alexander Roubian. They had direct contact with Rep. Hudsons office to make rewording suggestions.

When did that happen? Why did they not post on their website til the 22nd when the wording was there on the 3rd? I'm not looking to argue it. I'm just curious at this point.

They called his office and made suggestions is a whole lot different than having worked with Rep. Hudson to make changes...as they would try to have us believe. Again, I call b/s on their claim.

They called his office and made suggestions is a whole lot different than having worked with Rep. Hudson to make changes...as they would try to have us believe. Again, I call b/s on their claim.

The woman in the middle next to Alexander is Hudsons legal aid Natalie. Still think he didn't go to DC and meet with his team last week? Notice the sign on the wall, next to the door in the background with Hudsons name on it? That's his congressional office.

b12d6b8f4894d0c6a799ea99bee5d079.jpg

When did that happen? Why did they not post on their website til the 22nd when the wording was there on the 3rd? I'm not looking to argue it. I'm just curious at this point.

He went to DC on the 17th, to specifically meet with Hudsons team. Then drove home, then came back on the 20th for the inauguration. That's why it wasn't posted till the 22nd, he was busy for those few days driving back and forth to DC. This is further re wording, beyond what was released by his staff on the 3rd. We wanted further information added to the wording of the bill basically. So Alexander went in person to request a few changes. And they gladly met with him.

The woman in the middle next to Alexander is Hudsons legal aid Natalie. Still think he didn't go to DC and meet with his team last week? Notice the sign on the wall, next to the door in the background with Hudsons name on it? That's his congressional office.

Let me pen the next response for the dubious and save you the time:

"But that picture could have been taken anytime - why aren't they holding up a major newspaper to prove the date?"

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

This is a done deal. There was never any doubt from day one with me once Trump was elected. Hopefully it gets passed soon.

Almost time for us to refocus our attention on the hearing protection act and how/why the glorious people's republic of NJ are allowed to deafen it's citizens. I'll start another thread for that over the weekend

Sent from my Nexus 6P

There is one summary for H.R.38. Bill summaries are authored by CRS.

Shown Here:

Introduced in House (01/03/2017)

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.

Additionally, the bill allows a qualified individual to carry or possess a concealed handgun in a school zone and in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

That's the summary of the bill on congress now..

ThAts not how it is written .. reading that if your not in a constitutional carry state you need a home state cc permit ...

There is one summary for H.R.38. Bill summaries are authored by CRS.

Shown Here:

Introduced in House (01/03/2017)

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.

Additionally, the bill allows a qualified individual to carry or possess a concealed handgun in a school zone and in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

That's the summary of the bill on congress now..

ThAts not how it is written .. reading that if your not in a constitutional carry state you need a home state cc permit ...

1. Never, ever rely solely on the summary. Remember NJ's Question 2? 

2. The text of the bill (bless them, it's short and simple, so unlike NJ statues) is what was introduced on 1/3/2017. It was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations on 1/12/2017. They probably have the changes in front of them, but the public is unlikely to see the new text until it hits a milestone.

You don't have to like him, but please acknowledge that his taking the time to go there in person probably accomplished more than 100 calls or 1000 emails would have for New Jersey gun owners. You can tweet in under 10 seconds; you can cut & paste an email in 30 seconds; you can read a scripted response for voicemail in under a minute; but the time, tolls and tank of gas to show up in DC in person? That shows commitment and effort and it politicians take notice.

• Like 2

You don't have to like him, but please acknowledge that his taking the time to go there in person probably accomplished more than 100 calls or 1000 emails would have for New Jersey gun owners. You can tweet in under 10 seconds; you can cut & paste an email in 30 seconds; you can read a scripted response for voicemail in under a minute; but the time, tolls and tank of gas to show up in DC in person? That shows commitment and effort and it politicians take notice.

^^^^This!

This is a done deal. There was never any doubt from day one with me once Trump was elected. Hopefully it gets passed soon.

Almost time for us to refocus our attention on the hearing protection act and how/why the glorious people's republic of NJ are allowed to deafen it's citizens. I'll start another thread for that over the weekend

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Good luck getting them to Un-ban suppression devices in this state. But I'm with you 100%, if you want to start a movement to overturn the existing law.

Rep Hudson's legal aid is not Rep. Hudson. A photo with an aid in a hallway is proof of exactly bubcus. So unless Rep. Hudson himself says they had a part in the changes I'm not buying it.

Exactly. Plus what wording can you change from all magazines and all ammo. That is as inclusive as it gets.

Let's leave it open they got something added for NJ residents being able to use out of state Non-Resident Licenses in NJ. As someone else said maybe we haven't seen yet. I will leave that one alone for now.

However they took credit for the magazines and ammo which they clearly had nothing to do with. That makes any of their claims questionable.

Exactly. Plus what wording can you change from all magazines and all ammo. That is as inclusive as it gets.

Let's leave it open they got something added for NJ residents being able to use out of state Non-Resident Licenses in NJ. As someone else said maybe we haven't seen yet. I will leave that one alone for now.

However they took credit for the magazines and ammo which they clearly had nothing to do with. That makes any of their claims questionable.

They don't get credit for that either. Rep. Hudson did a radio interview on the 11th in which he stated that the bill would cover the use of non-resident permits from another state in your home state.

Again, they did absolutely nothing.

They don't get credit for that either. Rep. Hudson did a radio interview on the 11th in which he stated that the bill would cover the use of non-resident permits from another state in your home state.

Again, they did absolutely nothing.

That is amazing. Do you have the link?

They have lost all credibility. How did they pay for the trip to DC? Where did they stay?

Where is Meg Fellenbaum's Police Report? I may have been off on the whole story being fake, but it was certainly embellished. She would have been arrested in the majority of states, including her home state of PA, because she had no permit to carry and no LTCF.