ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

He deserves our thanks if he went down there, whether he was able to meet with Hudson or not. I'll accept that the photo had something to do with NJ gun rights. On the matter of actually meeting Hudson and taking credit for the changes: again, if true he deserves our thanks and admiration. There's a bit of history to contend with here, unfortunately, which is why all the doubters.

Which reminds me of a little story, adapted from John 20:24-31

Roubian Shows the Toll Stubs

24 Now Deerslayer (also known as Epididymus), one of the Gun Forums, was not with Roubian when he visited D.C. 25 So Roubian told him, "I have been to DC!”

But Deerslayer said to him, “Unless I see the toll stubs and the south Jersey dirt in your tire treads I will not believe.”

26 A week later Roubian appeared on the forums and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Deerslayer, “Reach out and touch the stubs, peruse them. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Deerslayer said to him, “Defender of my 2nd Amendment rights!”

29 Then Roubian told him, “Because you have seen the toll stubs you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen the stubs and yet have believed.”
  • Like 4

Here is their lie

NJ2AS has been fighting for New Jersey gun owners in regard to the national reciprocity bill for months now, and we are very happy to report that our requested changes were accepted in the final draft of the bill. The big changes we fought for which were added to the final Bill are the following:

Allowing NJ residents to carry in New Jersey with any State permit.

Having the magazine in the firearm be protected by the law to prevent NJ from arresting people with standard capacity magazines.

Having the ammunition loaded in the magazine and firearm be protected by the law so people are not arrested for carrying hollow-point ammunition.

Now they did none of that. That is admitted above.

The truth will be IF their changes are accepted. That is to be seen.

Deerslayer you have to admit their wording is not truthful on their website. By your own admission their changes have not been accepted. They were caught exaggerating their accomplishments. They really should fix their website. If their changes are accepted then they can take credit.

Deerslayer you say on his time. What hotel did he stay at and how was it paid for? If I had a non profit paying for a nice hotel and a trip to DC I would go too. I admittedly don't know where they stayed and how it was paid but I asked a couple times and it has not been addressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They went on the 17th and returned the same day. They didn't stay the night.

But Hudson did actually use some NJ2AS suggestions in the original roll out of the bill on the 3rd. Alexander has been in contact with his office since June. And had made a lot of suggestions they did use and incorporate into the original roll out. He had to wait till the 3rd just like the rest of us to see how it was worded. That's when he made an appointment for the 17th with his staff to ask for more additional information to be added.

So it's not a lie. And if the magazine re wording is also incorporated before the bill goes to a vote great. If not, can't say NJ2AS didn't try their hardest to make it happen.

He deserves our thanks if he went down there, whether he was able to meet with Hudson or not. I'll accept that the photo had something to do with NJ gun rights. On the matter of actually meeting Hudson and taking credit for the changes: again, if true he deserves our thanks and admiration. There's a bit of history to contend with here, unfortunately, which is why all the doubters.

Which reminds me of a little story, adapted from John 20:24-31

Roubian Shows the Toll Stubs

24 Now Deerslayer (also known as Epididymus), one of the Gun Forums, was not with Roubian when he visited D.C. 25 So Roubian told him, "I have been to DC!”

But Deerslayer said to him, “Unless I see the toll stubs and the south Jersey dirt in your tire treads I will not believe.”

26 A week later Roubian appeared on the forums and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Deerslayer, “Reach out and touch the stubs, peruse them. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Deerslayer said to him, “Defender of my 2nd Amendment rights!”

29 Then Roubian told him, “Because you have seen the toll stubs you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen the stubs and yet have believed.”

I've been waiting a long time for a situation where this meme was appropriate. Here it is... you earned it today Angelo...

f1d71ca24f96356a0cc512d3802a4434.jpg

They went on the 17th and returned the same day. They didn't stay the night.

But Hudson did actually use some NJ2AS suggestions in the original roll out of the bill on the 3rd. Alexander has been in contact with his office since June. And had made a lot of suggestions they did use and incorporate into the original roll out. He had to wait till the 3rd just like the rest of us to see how it was worded. That's when he made an appointment for the 17th with his staff to ask for more additional information to be added.

So it's not a lie. And if the magazine re wording is also incorporated before the bill goes to a vote great. If not, can't say NJ2AS didn't try their hardest to make it happen.

That's like saying I invented Netflix. While walking through the Bronx with my father in law in 1991 I told him that one day people would be able to watch any movie they want at home, through a modem hooked up to a computer. 

Fact is any reciprocity law that didn't include those other goodies would create a legal quagmire almost as chaotic as today's patchwork of laws. I believe Rep. Hudson and his co-sponsors understood this as well long before your hero did. 

I don't have a good feel for congressional support for this bill. Right now I'll be a hopeful pessimist, as I was back in November. The more the law that's voted on looks like constitutional carry or even PA-style carry, the fewer senators will vote for it. Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

• Like 1

That's like saying I invented Netflix. While walking through the Bronx with my father in law in 1991 I told him that one day people would be able to watch any movie they want at home, through a modem hooked up to a computer.

Fact is any reciprocity law that didn't include those other goodies would create a legal quagmire almost as chaotic as today's patchwork of laws. I believe Rep. Hudson and his co-sponsors understood this as well long before your hero did.

I don't have a good feel for congressional support for this bill. Right now I'll be a hopeful pessimist, as I was back in November. The more the law that's voted on looks like constitutional carry or even PA-style carry, the fewer senators will vote for it. Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

Personally I think if there is any chance of this bill passing, it will only be with concessions made that basically gut anything that will allow us to carry on a non resident permit. Just my opinion.

Personally I think if there is any chance of this bill passing, it will only be with concessions made that basically gut anything that will allow us to carry on a non resident permit. Just my opinion.

That's the most universally palatable and viable option. A close second is no-frills reciprocity that caters to NJ-like restrictions. Least likely to pass is the one that's supposedly on the table now. 

As a 2nd Amendment absolutist I will however settle for door #2. I know it's craziness but it gets a very important foot in the door. I'll worry about magazine capacity, hollow points, and any other frills after I'm dead.

• Like 1

That's the most universally palatable and viable option. A close second is no-frills reciprocity that caters to NJ-like restrictions. Least likely to pass is the one that's supposedly on the table now.

As a 2nd Amendment absolutist I will however settle for door #2. I know it's craziness but it gets a very important foot in the door. I'll worry about magazine capacity, hollow points, and any other frills after I'm dead.

I have a very similar outlook on the subject.

So forgive my lack of understanding - but the next step for H.R. 38 is?   Right now its sitting in sub-committee.  Technically it could sit there and die, correct?  Not saying it will...but lets say the committee decides to put it through to the next step....How do they come to that conclusion?  A vote?

PS - Its up to 147 co-sponsors now.  Still only 2 dems.

So forgive my lack of understanding - but the next step for H.R. 38 is?   Right now its sitting in sub-committee.  Technically it could sit there and die, correct?  Not saying it will...but lets say the committee decides to put it through to the next step....How do they come to that conclusion?  A vote?

PS - Its up to 147 co-sponsors now.  Still only 2 dems.

The bill could very well sit there for months, years, or never even be reviewed.  It must first be reviewed by the subcommittee, and then it goes back up to the committee for denial or approval.  If approved, it goes to the House for debate, and hopefully, a vote.  If it passes in the House, it then goes through the Senate committee/subcommittee/debate/vote process.

Obviously, this is a lengthy process, and given the number of bills that have been introduced, and the number of big issues the GOP wants to tackle, I'd argue those here who believe we'll be carrying in NJ inside of six months are living in a dream world.

• Like 2

Thanks M1!  

To be honest, I believe Trump played into the 2A crowd strictly to secure their votes, and nothing more.   I dont think he truly expects to secure national concealed carry.   If it happens, I am sure he'll sign it.  But I'd argue that he doesn't really expect a bill to make to his desk at all, nor does he likely care.  I doubt we hear mention of it out of his mouth again- until he's up for re-election.  Hes a lot smarter than he sounds.    

I'd love to be wrong, but I dont think this gets us anywhere.

Thanks M1!  

To be honest, I believe Trump played into the 2A crowd strictly to secure their votes, and nothing more.   I dont think he truly expects to secure national concealed carry.   If it happens, I am sure he'll sign it.  But I'd argue that he doesn't really expect a bill to make to his desk at all, nor does he likely care.  I doubt we hear mention of it out of his mouth again- until he's up for re-election.  Hes a lot smarter than he sounds.    

I'd love to be wrong, but I dont think this gets us anywhere.

I tend to agree with you.  I'll go further and posit that Trump is really just a front-man with no knowledge or interest in policy.  I think Bannon is the one making the decisions and pulling the strings, and that's frightening.

In addition, I indexed co sponsor/ vs seats on the judiciary committee back when the count was in the 120's. 1/2 of the republican seats on committee were co sponsors at that time.

I haven't cked since if more on committee have co sponsored.

Different opinion?

Most definitely and its not just you. Everyone is so ready to armchair quarterback everything. From before the election to this day. Everyone tries to find reasons to either knock the guy or say something won't work.

He has made good on everything he said so far. The NRA spent a ton of money on this guy. Think it is going to be a wasteful effort? Will there be some changes, possibly. But we clamor like butt heads over stuff unknown to us yet. I wish for one minute that people would take a step back and give the guy a fooking chance. When people here talk like this, how different are we than the 'talking heads' we see all too often on TV? Everybody is a fooking expert.

Take a step back and breeeeeath! Time will tell. One way or another, we are much better off now than before or what could have been. Wanna expend your energy? Come up with ideas and ways we can piss in the Dems ears and leave the rest up to the experts. Because they are driving my BP over the line. Nothing else. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Most definitely and its not just you. Everyone is so ready to armchair quarterback everything. From before the election to this day. Everyone tries to find reasons to either knock the guy or say something won't work.

He has made good on everything he said so far. The NRA spent a ton of money on this guy. Think it is going to be a wasteful effort? Will there be some changes, possibly. But we clamor like butt heads over stuff unknown to us yet. I wish for one minute that people would take a step back and give the guy a fooking chance. When people here talk like this, how different are we than the 'talking heads' we see all too often on TV? Everybody is a fooking expert.

Take a step back and breeeeeath! Time will tell. One way or another, we are much better off now than before or what could have been. Wanna expend your energy? Come up with ideas and ways we can piss in the Dems ears and leave the rest up to the experts. Because they are driving my BP over the line. Nothing else. [emoji6]

lol..Im breathing.  Def dont think I am anything close to an expert.  Just voicing my opinion.  

Not knocking him personally at all.  And I am giving him a chance.  I voted for the guy.  All I am saying is as far as gun rights go....I have to believe it was more of a strategic move on his part, not a personal one.  If the NRA wrote those checks out to my campaign, I'd hop on board too!  I hope to be wrong, but as far as this bill goes, I'll keep breathing ;)  There's going to be WAY too much opposition.

Prefer cheerios to ears.
  • Like 1

Mr. Hudson sets the record straight on some of the recent articles written about his bill:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/letters/articles/2017-02-01/setting-the-concealed-carry-record-straight

Hmmm no mention of NJ2AS in the article. NJ2AS taking credit for a suggestion they sent to Hudson is ridiculous. However if that works for people I sent Trump & Bannon some tweets. So if 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, and 1986 Hughes Amendment get repealed or changed I did it. Once the changes happen I will post address where donations can be sent so I can continue my work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk