ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

Agreed

Here's your point to ponder for Reciprocity. 12(?) states now are constitutional. No paper, no picture, nada.

Permit needs to mean " permit " regardless of star of origin.

Hardship for constitutional carry residents?

and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun

As Cronyn's bill isn't posted, where ya grab that from bud?

ame="voyager9" post="1097535" timestamp="1488244423"]

As Cronyn's bill isn't posted, where ya grab that from bud?

Sorry. I thought your Constitutional Carry question related to the current bill, not the new one. I had to go look and it appears it is.

Sorry. I thought your Constitutional Carry question related to the current bill, not the new one. I had to go look and it appears it is.

Still. If it mirrors the house bill.

I'm not sure about you, but this is a big deal.

Need the Justice, need a possible other replacement justice. Puzzle pieces fall into place.

Default constitutional carry. That's yuge

Agreed

Here's your point to ponder for Reciprocity. 12(?) states now are constitutional. No paper, no picture, nada.

Permit needs to mean " permit " regardless of star of origin.

Hardship for constitutional carry residents?

and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun

Only one state AFAIK, Vermont, doesn't issue permits. Some states recognize a VT driver's license. 

S446 in the Senate has 30 Co-sponsors on day one.

We need 30 more. Forget the may-issue states and VT (that's 12). IMO NH and ME are iffy at best. I'm wasting time here: The vote will go along party lines with 1-2 R's defecting and 3-4 democrats coming on board. 53-47 = we can pound sand.

"National Firearm Carry Act of 2018 Saves the Day" -- NRA and NJ2AS take credit.

We need 30 more. Forget the may-issue states and VT (that's 12). IMO NH and ME are iffy at best. I'm wasting time here: The vote will go along party lines with 1-2 R's defecting and 3-4 democrats coming on board. 53-47 = we can pound sand.

"National Firearm Carry Act of 2018 Saves the Day" -- NRA and NJ2AS take credit.

Going to need about 8 democrats on board actually. There may be some Republicans that won't be on board.

I wasn't saying it's a slam dunk. Just giving the update on the Senate companion bill. It has a chance, we'll see what happens.

Going to need about 8 democrats on board actually. There may be some Republicans that won't be on board.

I wasn't saying it's a slam dunk. Just giving the update on the Senate companion bill. It has a chance, we'll see what happens.

As I mentioned forget the may-issue states, Illinois. Here are the most likely possibilities for democrats voting for this bill:

Nelson (Florida), Donelly (Indiana), McCaskill (Missouri), Tester (Montana), Udall or Heinrich but not both (NM), Heitkamp (North Dakota), Casey (Pennsy), Manchin is probably a lock (W. Virginia).

That's exactly eight folks. We need 100% of these guys 'cause no way no how are we getting Senate dems from liberal states, regardless of whether they're shall-issue or may-issue.

So realistically this will probably turn out to be a waste of time. Like working for Trump in battleground states :)

As I mentioned forget the may-issue states, Illinois. Here are the most likely possibilities for democrats voting for this bill:

Nelson (Florida), Donelly (Indiana), McCaskill (Missouri), Tester (Montana), Udall or Heinrich but not both (NM), Heitkamp (North Dakota), Casey (Pennsy), Manchin is probably a lock (W. Virginia).

That's exactly eight folks. We need 100% of these guys 'cause no way no how are we getting Senate dems from liberal states, regardless of whether they're shall-issue or may-issue.

So realistically this will probably turn out to be a waste of time. Like working for Trump in battleground states :)

Maybe so. This is where the NRA lobbyists come in to persuade their decision.

I'm still holding out hope for Cory Booker. I've been pounding him with emails daily. Eventually, I'll break him

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I'm still holding out hope for Cory Booker. I've been pounding him with emails daily. Eventually, I'll break him

Sent from my Nexus 6P

He recently twittered that he will change his mind but only if he receives 500 emails from you.

• Like 1

The Senate bill has been introduced by John Cornyn. It does not have the non-resident permit provision.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/cornyn-introduces-national-reciprocity-bill-senate/

His bill would not help us

Cornyn's bill does not include this provision, according to his aides. Under Cornyn's bill, if individuals are allowed to carry in their home states then they are eligible to carry in other states. Individuals will not be free to obtain concealed carry permits from other states to use in their home state.

So if Cornyn's bill became law, everyone with a CCW from PA and everywhere else can now carry in the PRNJ legally.

The only people not able to carry would be Jersey residents. How long would that injustice stand before The PRNJ would have to

cave in and give us permits?

• Like 2

So if Cornyn's bill became law, everyone with a CCW from PA and everywhere else can now carry in the PRNJ legally.

The only people not able to carry would be Jersey residents. How long would that injustice stand before The PRNJ would have to

I believe the NJ legislature will ban CCW altogether rather than allow residents of other states to carry here. Not that I think it will work out well for them in the end, but they'll certainly try.

• Like 1

NJ Pols won't cave.  They'll hold out for as long as they can.  It would take a USSC ruling, and then a followup contempt violation before NJ gives an inch.

Sorry, my belief is it will take legislation at the Federal level to change NJ.

I believe the NJ legislature will ban CCW altogether rather than allow residents of other states to carry here. Not that I think it will work out well for them in the end, but they'll certainly try.

They'll do sumtin, that's for sure.

My guess is 5-7 years for the court challenge to reach the Supreme Court at which time NJ will then ban concealed carry outright and then another 5-7 years for that to reach the supreme court.