ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

Who's bill takes preference ? The Senate's or the HR ?? Wont they need to agree on the same terms in order for it to be passed into law ??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The two bills will need to be reconciled either before being voted on or after they are voted on and then whoever's bill is significantly changed voted on again to approve the changes. We need to explain the problems that exist in NJ to Cornyn and hopefully have him change his bill to match the house bill.

• Like 1

Is all I know is I wasn't a Trump Supporter but did vote for him. This was a VERY BIG reason and I have heard nothing from Trump himself since the election.

We should start harassing our reps no matter what state.

Is all I know is I wasn't a Trump Supporter but did vote for him. This was a VERY BIG reason and I have heard nothing from Trump himself since the election.

I had that thought about a week ago as well, but then I realized the man does have to get his cabinet straightened out, SC nominee in, and a TON of other stuff that is Urgently needed. I can wait for my carry gun a few more months...

• Like 1

Typical hit piece up on NJ.com. Pretty standard and not worth the bits so I'm not going to link to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comments section on their Facebook page has been encouraging.  I realize it's not a scientific poll, but the Likes and Loves are out numbering the negatives by over 13-1!

https://www.facebook.com/NJ.com/photos/a.168321246233.122796.113588031233/10154529275856234/?type=3

Agreed. That's the only way it will get done.

But the facts are that Congress is trying to unravel Obamacare while creating a tax plan and a budget in iterative steps at the same time. I've seen this crap in PA and gun stuff is on the back burner when they are working on money and legislative priorities. Therefore, sometimes it takes time. Problem is, many of them start campaigning next year and they are going to get wobbly. So we really want this done this year.

And the "very big reason you voted for Trump" should have been because he was not Hillary. Don't tell me you considered voting for that horrible witch.

I think we need to reach out to Rep Hudson , and have him explain it to Sen Cornyn !!! That'll get us quicker results

Hudson does not accept emails from non-constituents. Well. 

But he does accept phone calls, well

So go ahead and explain justifiable need to the 20 year old girl answering the phones. I'm sure she'll write down everything you tell her and Hudson will read every word.

It might be a better idea to go through one of our reps, perhaps Rodney Freylinghuisen. I was about to mention that Scott Garrett's office was right down the street from me...

So go ahead and explain justifiable need to the 20 year old girl answering the phones. I'm sure she'll write down everything you tell her and Hudson will read every word.

It might be a better idea to go through one of our reps, perhaps Rodney Freylinghuisen. I was about to mention that Scott Garrett's office was right down the street from me...

You actually just suggested in this discourse that emails are more effective than phone calls, whether you meant to or not (I think you did). I could not disagree more. Engaging staffers DOES work, especially when you get them to work for you. Emails don't do that, they get boilerplate responses. Legislators listen to their top staffers to check wind direction and that shit flows uphill.

If you really want to send an email, and they won't accept them, why don't you look up a proper zipcode? It's not rocket surgery. We may not vote for some of these people but they sure as hell spend our money and pass our laws so they are going to listen to me.

You actually just suggested in this discourse that emails are more effective than phone calls, whether you meant to or not (I think you did). I could not disagree more. Engaging staffers DOES work, especially when you get them to work for you. Emails don't do that, they get boilerplate responses. Legislators listen to their top staffers to check wind direction and that shit flows uphill.

If you really want to send an email, and they won't accept them, why don't you look up a proper zipcode? It's not rocket surgery. We may not vote for some of these people but they sure as hell spend our money and pass our laws so they are going to listen to me.

No substitute for personal contact. Phone next. Emails are slightly more effective than writing something on a piece of paper and burning it while chanting in Urdu. Especially w/ respect to changing someone's mind.

You've had success where you live because congressmen know they'd better at least think about 2A issues or they're toast. Plus I'll bet a fair number of democrats are pro 2A. 

Jersey is an entirely different animal. Guns are not an issue here. Gun owners are brow-beaten and indifferent. Thanks to the influx of "mexicans" within 20 years you'll be lucky to find three republicans in the state house. Our district just flipped, which was unthinkable 20 years ago. Our reliably conservative assemblywoman retired 2 years ago and was replaced with a hand-picked old bag whose first order of business was to replace her entire staff with her friends. This vile creature recently pushed for formation of a task force to investigate anti-tranny hate crimes. This is Sussex f-ing county. 

I kind of went off topic here but seems to me that we're discussing strategies to include out of state permits in the law which won't pass the senate, for not including them which won't pass the senate. Gee I can't decide which I prefer. 

Don't count on any amount of arm-twisting by the president either. This isn't 1982. I do expect to read a tweet around 3:30 am on the day senate Republicans give up in the face of a fillibuster. Something along the lines of "DEMOCRATS HATE BULLITZ DON'T CARE ABOUT GUNS EITHER THE BASTITS. WRONG!!" 

• Like 1

Except he lost to a Democrat and is no longer a rep. I live in Sussex County too. But not in Garrett's district. I still have republican representation.

OK had my fish oil, turmeric, and 5 cups of strong coffee so I'm feeling good today about this bill. If the Nov. 8 miracle could happen this can happen too. 

We need 8 senators, 7 if we assume Mancin is in. Forget pelting those phony fuckers Schumer and Menendez with emails. How do we work on those other guys? They'd be democrats (usually the only democrat) in shall-issue states.

Does anyone think that Gillibrand, the turncoat, is in play? Also Booker held a not-unfavorable view of 2A when he was in Newark. I don't think we can turn them. With their seats a lock until The Year 2525 they have only their bigwig colleagues to please. However, is there some kind of senate B.S. that would allow them to vote against the bill but not stand in the way of it passing by a simple majority? Might they not participate in the fillibuster?

Put on your thinking caps and think outside the holster.

OK had my fish oil, turmeric, and 5 cups of strong coffee so I'm feeling good today about this bill. If the Nov. 8 miracle could happen this can happen too.

We need 8 senators, 7 if we assume Mancin is in. Forget pelting those phony fuckers Schumer and Menendez with emails. How do we work on those other guys? They'd be democrats (usually the only democrat) in shall-issue states.

Does anyone think that Gillibrand, the turncoat, is in play? Also Booker held a not-unfavorable view of 2A when he was in Newark. I don't think we can turn them. With their seats a lock until The Year 2525 they have only their bigwig colleagues to please. However, is there some kind of senate B.S. that would allow them to vote against the bill but not stand in the way of it passing by a simple majority? Might they not participate in the fillibuster?

Put on your thinking caps and think outside the holster.

There are 8 who will support it. They are 6 too worried about the re-election. Angus King (ME), Joe Manchin (WV), Bill Nelson (FL), Joe Donnely (IN), Ton Tester (MT), Heidi Heitkamp (ND), and the two from NM supported a similar Bill in 2013 Tom Udall and Martin Heinrich. Also Warner (VA) voted for Bill in 2013. McCaskill (MO) and Casey (PA) are also up for re-election in 2018.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There are 8 who will support it. They are 6 too worried about the re-election. Angus King (ME), Joe Manchin (WV), Bill Nelson (FL), Joe Donnely (IN), Ton Tester (MT), Heidi Heitkamp (ND), and the two from NM supported a similar Bill in 2013 Tom Udall and Martin Heinrich. Also Warner (VA) voted for Bill in 2013. McCaskill (MO) and Casey (PA) are also up for re-election in 2018.

Then why the doom and gloom?

Then why the doom and gloom?

No doom and gloom from me. Also everyone forgets what the rules are of a filibuster. We can actually force them to filibuster. Each senator gets 2 speeches. Once they take a break speech is over. Strom Thurmond holds the record at just over 24hrs. After they are all done speaking we hold an up or down vote. The ones today wont last 8 hrs. Filibuster can delay but not stop if we enforce the rules.

No doom and gloom from me. Also everyone forgets what the rules are of a filibuster. We can actually force them to filibuster. Each senator gets 2 speeches. Once they take a break speech is over. Strom Thurmond holds the record at just over 24hrs. After they are all done speaking we hold an up or down vote. The ones today wont last 8 hrs. Filibuster can delay but not stop if we enforce the rules.

Cappy you are a font of intergalactic, transcendent wisdom. Those eight are the same ones more or less I mentioned a couple of months ago without actually knowing that most had already voted for a similar bill. I knew the fillibuster procedure and wondered why it hasn't been used occasionally, within memory. Seems they just pack it in if they don't have 60.

Cappy you are a font of intergalactic, transcendent wisdom. Those eight are the same ones more or less I mentioned a couple of months ago without actually knowing that most had already voted for a similar bill. I knew the fillibuster procedure and wondered why it hasn't been used occasionally, within memory. Seems they just pack it in if they don't have 60.

Great minds think alike lol. It seems they stopped following the filibuster rules by allowing a lack of votes for cloture to equal a filibuster in 1975, but the original rules are still in place. I believe we can force them to filibuster both Gorsuch and Concealed Carry at the same time. By holding two simultaneous sessions. I personally would love to see Schumer quit in under an hour.