ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

Maybe someone like Mipa can take this bill over to PAFAO forum and post it. I bet Gunlawyer would decipher it and make since of what it possibly means or doesnt mean for NJ.

Evan Nappen makes A living answering questions, Gunlawer over on the other forum is A member there and offers thoughts on things like this.

• Like 1

Maybe someone like Mipa can take this bill over to PAFAO forum and post it. I bet Gunlawyer would decipher it and make since of what it possibly means or doesnt mean for NJ.

Evan Nappen makes A living answering questions, Gunlawer over on the other forum is A member there and offers thoughts on things like this.

You could go and post it there and ask.

Yep I know, and the reason I asked what I did id that it would take who knows how long for someone to tell me how to do it. Then what someone who knows how to can get it done.

Just like the top of the post I asked if someone could post it as I didnt know how.   I not afraid to admit I cant do something and dont mind asking. Thats all.

That's what being an old timer sometimes causes.   Hell I hungout om Jax beach back in 75.

PDM is correct.  The Hudson bill allows a CCW license holder to carry in any state, EXCEPT their home state, unless their license was issued by their home state.  The legal jargon is pretty clear in this regard.  I believe this is a means to avoid violating a state's right to govern its own residents.  In other words, the Hudson bill does nothing for NJ residents who want to carry in NJ.

he's not correct and neither are you. you're completely ignoring very specific and important words, including words in the VERY NEXT PARAGRAPH which explicitly points out that yes, your interpretation would be correct and this law shall not apply if the state you reside in issues cc permits for lawful purposes. new jersey does not. therefore, the law applies. that's it. period. end of interpretation.

not sure how else to explain it, so i'll just bow out of the rest of this conversation to avoid aggravation. i'll check back if/when the law is passed just so i can gloat a little.

I don't see where this Bill helps us in NJ

‘‘(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)), a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State, other than the State of residence of the person, that—

(1) has a statute under which residents of the State may apply for a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm; or

‘‘(2) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purpose

It clearly says valid license or permit issued by the State in which one resides.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't see where this Bill helps us in NJ

‘‘(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)), a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State, other than the State of residence of the person, that—

(1) has a statute under which residents of the State may apply for a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm; or

‘‘(2) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purpose

It clearly says valid license or permit issued by the State in which one resides.

Words have meanings, and I wonder what the intent of the last two lines are.

And how the effect the part that comes before it.

One could argue that they may help us out.

Words have meanings, and I wonder what the intent of the last two lines are.

And how the effect the part that comes before it.

One could argue that they may help us out.

You have to read the previous sentence other than state of residence and NJ does has a way to get permit that's how they keep avoiding having law overturned.

firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides.

The key word is (OR) it is saying if you have a permit issued by the law of a State ( meaning any state) OR a carry permit in the state you reside.

firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides.

The key word is (OR) it is saying if you have a permit issued by the law of a State ( meaning any state) OR a carry permit in the state you reside.

You have to keep reading

You should probably shut up.

Bills not passed, trumps not president. Write a letter to the congressman . Everything else is banta fodder.

No kidding. Not even sure why it was brought up. There are 7 bills proposed. This one is not helpful for us.

I have faith in The Donald! He won't leave Jersey out in the cold on this one. Good things are coming our way!

I gotta go buy some more holsters now before the mad rush and the coming holster shortage!

I agree. He won't abandoned NY, NJ, or any other communist run state. If he did the Law would be meaningless.

I think we are all hopeful, I also think we will be disappointed. IMO the best way to get rid of justifiable need and the host of other idiotic gun laws in this state is to get rid of the pond scum that keep them alive. Just look at the last proposal the monkey pumpers in Trenton tried. That would have virtually ended the flood of new shooters, and 2a supporters in the state. As I see it, that was a self preservation move. The writing was on the wall there, they needed to do something or they would no longer be able to ignore us and flip us off. Besides, we need a permanent solution to the problems in the state, not just the issue of self defense. Don't get me wrong, if all we get is a reasonable(by our standards) concealed carry law I will be happy. I would just be much happier with a better run state over all. 

• Like 1

For an excellent update and sobering inside look on this and the newest anti-gun bills from Trenton check out the latest Gun For Hire podcast:

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/84439-gfhr289-bach-and-goens-discuss-national-ccw-nj/

The important stuff starts at the 11:00 mark.

The opportunity we have now will not be coming again soon. We may get it or we may not, but it's now or never.

We need to fight for this, and we need to get whatever is passable. Many states have very constructs relating to resident permits. Not honoring non-res permits in several cases, or not honoring non-res permits for their own residents. I would love this to be free of those restrictions, but if we have to eat that to get this passed, so be it. It will screw the daylights out of the 3 states that are non-issue (or nearly for MD) as well as the few states with weird mixed rules. On top of all the chaos this will cause, consider this. We are hoping for a friendly supreme court just like we are hoping for this. Having a specific and recent federal law requiring some level of intrastate full credit will give them a lot more balls to bust the states that are screwing around. The entire thing is just New Jersey's nightmare. There are so many avenues of attack if we have this on the books, there is little chance you are going to sustain the entire country walking around armed in Jersey with Jersey residents completely disarmed.

We need to fight for this, and we need to get whatever is passable. Many states have very constructs relating to resident permits. Not honoring non-res permits in several cases, or not honoring non-res permits for their own residents. I would love this to be free of those restrictions, but if we have to eat that to get this passed, so be it. It will screw the daylights out of the 3 states that are non-issue (or nearly for MD) as well as the few states with weird mixed rules. On top of all the chaos this will cause, consider this. We are hoping for a friendly supreme court just like we are hoping for this. Having a specific and recent federal law requiring some level of intrastate full credit will give them a lot more balls to bust the states that are screwing around. The entire thing is just New Jersey's nightmare. There are so many avenues of attack if we have this on the books, there is little chance you are going to sustain the entire country walking around armed in Jersey with Jersey residents completely disarmed.

Absolutely.  National CCW reciprocity will be a great development notwithstanding the fact that it won't enable NJ residents to carry in their own state.  I look forward to seeing Loretta Weinberg, Chuck Schumer, Menendez, etc freak out.  And it may indeed help us in the long run.  People should just be realistic in their expectations and recognize that the overwhelming likelihood is that nothing will bring carry to NJ other than a Supreme Court win, which is going to take a long time.

Quote: "What would happen if NJ didn't adopt some form of CCW criminals would target people driving cars with NJ plates. They wouldn't want to try holding up someone with PA, OH, or FL plates as they stand a chance of getting shot".          

So, why doesn't this happen now ? Why isn't NJ crime rate higher than it is seeing how many residents here can't defend themselves now...

Quote: "What would happen if NJ didn't adopt some form of CCW criminals would target people driving cars with NJ plates. They wouldn't want to try holding up someone with PA, OH, or FL plates as they stand a chance of getting shot".

So, why doesn't this happen now ? Why isn't NJ crime rate higher than it is seeing how many residents here can't defend themselves now...

NJ cities are near the top in the country for crime rates. Should we make them no go zones? If so they need to move all the government offices from Newark and Trenton. That is unlikely to happen so yes NJ crime rate is higher and statistics show it would be lower with CCW

Permanent change will occur in this state when more pro-2A voters show up on election day than anti-2A voters.  Seeing as how that obviously isn't happening for whatever reason(s), the next best thing is Trump/Congress/SCOTUS.  Good things *might* happen for New Jersey shooters.  Maybe.  Kind of.  Potentially.  Theoretically.

Well now this is a damn interesting take on reciprocity. Basically, it's bad, but not for the reasons you think...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/korwin-stop-the-national-carry-permit-gun-guys-pushing-in-wrong-direction/

Really interesting. I think I agree with him. We need to repeal the restrictive laws and jail the politicians who are actively are in violation of their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution rather than introduce legislation the feds have no authority to enact

Richard Hudson Retweeted DJ

Yes, as long as you follow NJ law

Richard Hudson added,

DJ @djw

@RepRichHudson Richard, with how this bill is written now will we permitted to carry with a Utah-CC in places like NJ that are "may issue"?

•  

• @RepRichHudson I should have mentioned, i am a NJ resident, do I have to have a home state residence for this Bill or any CC License ?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More

@djw a non-resident concealed carry permit will qualify.

I love that he's responsive. why can't we have reps like this?

Edit: actually Scott Garrett responded to me a few times. And now he's gone...

Sent from my Nexus 6P

i told him we were rooting for him here and i appreciated the time to respond.