ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

1 minute ago, Xchief30 said:

Let's be realistic ......
What are the chances this actually passes in the Senate ??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am often too pessimistic (particularly from living in NJ) but realistically I say zero UNLESS as I think Zeke suggested that McConnell goes nuclear but I doubt he will do it on this type of legislation.

Calm down boys, this is going to be a negotiation. You want to enhance NICS? We want Reciprocal. President Trump won't sign your stand alone without us.

Everything else, is hearsay, propaganda and Bullshit. Don't buy into it. get a bowl of popcorn and watch the show.

• Like 5

I don't  see them getting the requisite number of Dem votes to hit 60.

This is not going nuclear.

If this is voted down in the Senate, it is a dead issue for the immediate future.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

This makes me smile 

20171207_074009.jpg

that is the kind of misleading headline that is an outright lie. someone should sue the shit outta them for lies like that. essentially they're calling ALL of us nuts and criminals.

37 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

This makes me smile 

20171207_074009.jpg

that is the kind of misleading headline that is an outright lie. someone should sue the shit outta them for lies like that. essentially they're calling ALL of us nuts and criminals.

1 hour ago, SJG said:

I don't  see them getting the requisite number of Dem votes to hit 60.

This is not going nuclear.

If this is voted down in the Senate, it is a dead issue for the immediate future.

I thought that the rules in the senate changed after Harry Reid forced a vote by using the nuclear option. Isn't all legislation now decided with a simple majority vote?

51 to get a presidential nominee confirmed, which was extended to a Supreme Court pick this year and that which fits under the reconciliation rules (which this does not)

If they don't get the 60 (closure of debate) (unless there is a rule change), the minority party (dems) can block a vote if they want so they really need 60

The problem is the Senate Rules (unless they change the rules), but the majority party is hesitant to change usually because it can come back to haunt them when they are in the minority

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Because the Republicans don’t change the rules, they take advantage of the changes the democrats put into place earlier.

Well there is the budget... somebody point that out many pages ago.

nonetheless, exciting times!

20 minutes ago, USA123 said:

Does anyone know when the Senate will vote on this? 

I think it is still in the Judiciary committee. I don't think this will be brought to the floor anytime soon. They  would need a bunch of D's and might even lose some R's. I doubt this till ever get to the President.

7 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Strong words from a senator who should have been/almost was thrown in prison for a long time.

4 hours ago, NJGF said:

I think it is still in the Judiciary committee. I don't think this will be brought to the floor anytime soon. They  would need a bunch of D's and might even lose some R's. I doubt this till ever get to the President.

I just got off the phone with Congressman Lance's aide at his DC office. Had a about a 5-min conversation with him - when I get a moment I'll type up more details (maybe in a separate thread), but suffice it to say I was disappointed on multiple fronts. Related to your point, one of his last comments when I asked about expected next steps was this: "The Senate is not expected to take this up." So, there you go.. direct from the swamp. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I just got off the phone with Congressman Lance's aide at his DC office. Had a about a 5-min conversation with him - when I get a moment I'll type up more details (maybe in a separate thread), but suffice it to say I was disappointed on multiple fronts. Related to your point, one of his last comments when I asked about expected next steps was this: "The Senate is not expected to take this up." So, there you go.. direct from the swamp. 

So the only chance we have is for more pro 2A Senators to be elected. Franken's resignation might put them in play in a 2018 special election to fill out the remaining 4 years of his term.

The coming election can be good as I think I read that there are something like 10 D senators in states that were carried by Trump (I am not 100% sure about which states, etc). So a pickup of 8 senators would create a filibuster proof majority and truly allow this to pass. So I will be optimistic about this. Unfortunately we have to deal with our next governor in the here and now which is not going to be pretty.

I used to laugh at it but hope and change is becoming my mantra (lol)

Just because the mountain to climb to get this passed in the Senate is high, doesn't mean we give up.  We have to push for a vote on this, keep their feet to the fire.  It is true that a lot of Democrats are up for reelection in states that went for Trump.  If they see the enthusiasm for this bill, and have in their head that if they vote against it they could lose their reelection bid and then their successor will vote for it the following year they will think very carefully about voting against it.  We need to be make sure they feel that pressure.  

47 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Just because the mountain to climb to get this passed in the Senate is high, doesn't mean we give up.  We have to push for a vote on this, keep their feet to the fire.  It is true that a lot of Democrats are up for reelection in states that went for Trump.  If they see the enthusiasm for this bill, and have in their head that if they vote against it they could lose their reelection bid and then their successor will vote for it the following year they will think very carefully about voting against it.  We need to be make sure they feel that pressure.  

# withyou

“People violate our law — we are a state that has decided that we are against concealed carry weapons. We have stronger gun laws. We believe we have made the states safer as that,” Menendez told The Daily Caller Thursday.

Good, let the molester keep spouting his "shall not issue" rhetoric.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NJGF said:

I am guessing the people in free America aren't as concerned as we are.

Sorry if I'm off base, But, They should be..Someday it might be them. With more people moving south to warmer climates, like Florida and the Carolinas, might happen to them. Isn't Florida where most New Yorkers go, they might be first.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bklynracer said:

Sorry if I'm off base, But, They should be..Someday it might be them. With more people moving south to warmer climates, like Florida and the Carolinas, might happen to them. Isn't Florida where most New Yorkers go, they might be first.

Guessing is never knowing the answer...

29 minutes ago, Nikos said:

Good, let the molester keep spouting his "shall not issue" rhetoric.

Can you link me this my friend?

• Like 1