ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

11 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I totally disagree with you on this.  You are entitled to think however you want.

How are police going to know you're not carrying in your home?

Using your logic an licensed out of state CCW could be arrested when they take their gun off in a hotel room.

Amy arrest for "possession" would be ludicrous.  Police and prosecutors want to make arrests and try cases that win.  If they were to pursue a case like you outline it would result in acquittal. 

I’m not a fan of my train of thought. And I welcome it being discredited with sourced definitions and information.  Laying a bit of devils advocate.  By definition the bill covers carrying. If your not carrying your not covered. Could they prosecute someone for possessing an prohibited magizine while it is stored in a safe?  I don’t know but it’s not clear. Should they?  Of course not

10 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

@voyager9 please tell me something you are allowed to possess outside the home but not in the home.  If you can come up with something I might consider your argument.

Technically?   Farm animals. You cannot have them in a residence but could walk your horse down the road all day. 

15 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m not a fan of my train of thought. And I welcome it being discredited with sourced definitions and information.  Laying a bit of devils advocate.  By definition the bill covers carrying. If your not carrying your not covered. Could they prosecute someone for possessing an prohibited magizine while it is stored in a safe?  I don’t know but it’s not clear. Should they?  Of course not

Technically?   Farm animals. You cannot have them in a residence but could walk your horse down the road all day. 

@capt14k you're correct.

@voyager9 is that a city ordinance or a state law?

• Like 1

Probobly. I can only answer the questioned asked though. 
Are you a computer? [emoji6]

I'll bite and rephrase the question is there an inanimate object you can possess and carry outside the home but can not posses inside the home?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I honestly don’t know. I’d have to think harder on a snarky and pendantic response. We risk going off topic however. 

I didn’t ask my question or statements because I’m a fan of them or agree with them. They were what-if. I’d love for someone to show how they wouldn’t apply by citing definitions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I honestly don’t know. I’d have to think harder on a snarky and pendantic response. We risk going off topic however. 

I didn’t ask my question or statements because I’m a fan of them or agree with them. They were what-if. I’d love for someone to show how they wouldn’t apply by citing definitions. 

I gave citations.

What if Robert E. Lee had air support at Gettysburg?  Would it have turned out differently?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Found it "Must be 10 feet minimum from occupied dwelling"!  Gotcha!:)

The distances are from the New Jersey Administrative Code 7:9A-4.3 and 7:10-12.12 (N.J.)

Setback_Distances_Harding_Township_NJ-Health.pdf

You don’t even live in Harding!!! But good find nonetheless 

If you want to be pedantic you should probably learn to spell it first.

Sorry, I couldn’t let that irony slide. :)

23 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Had balloons dude.. jus keeping it fair 

No one had balloons at Gettysburg.

10 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

New Jersey Administrative Code 7:9A-4.3 and 7:10-12.12 (N.J.)  as shown above.

Would that keep me from having a new septic tank in my living room for a coffee table?

• Like 1

Just now, GRIZ said:

No one had balloons at Gettysburg.

Would that keep me from having a new septic tank in my living room for a coffee table?

Yes, Absolutely.....Unless your living room was 10 feet or more from the dwelling.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Not fer nothing, hr 38 passed the House. It’s senate parrot bill is s 446 

im gonna need everyone here to calm down. None of the bills dealt with livestock or septic systems..

jus sayen 

Damn. I just had a livestock answer too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zeke said:

Not fer nothing, hr 38 passed the House. It’s senate parrot bill is s 446 

im gonna need everyone here to calm down. None of the bills dealt with livestock or septic systems..

jus sayen 

I disagree. The Senate IS a septic system! jus sayen

• Like 3

That was a fun little sidetrack, but the bottomline is the magazine limit on handguns goes away if HR-38 passes the Senate and is signed by Trump in its current form, and isn't struck down by the Supreme Court (Highly Unlikely).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unfortunately, as things stand, there are not enough votes (60) to pass in the Senate! Some Republicans will vote no and there are not enough Democrats who will vote yes to counter that and reach 60.

They will not use the "nuclear option" as it would set a precedence for future Senates. The bill will die in the Senate unfortunately and we will have to wait for another Trump SCOTUS appointment for SCOTUS to finally rule on CCW once and for all.

SCOTUS IS OUR ONLY HOPE IN THIS GODFORSAKEN STATE!

• Like 1