jm1827

SAT Tutor?

My secretary looked into several for her daughter.  All had a guarantee - if you didn't increase by X points, you could take the class again for free.  Not much of a guarantee.    But she picked one and her daughter got almost exactly the same score.  She never bothered to claim the free class - I think that's what the school's depend on y.   I don't think it's something you can study for.  Just my opinion.

JM, pm me, I am a math teacher and might be able to help or recommend some people. Of course this depends on location.

Thanks, Gunz, I will reach out to you.  I am in Millstone, not far from you.  I actually teach Electrical Engineering , but I have no idea what is on the SATs  nowadays!

If you teach electrical engineering you can definitely help with the math section. They just reformatted the test in the last year, and I bet if you buy a study book you can help her no problem in the math, they made it easier.

All of my connections for tutoring are a bit far for you.

Good luck!

Thanks, Gunz, I will reach out to you. I am in Millstone, not far from you. I actually teach Electrical Engineering , but I have no idea what is on the SATs nowadays!

Princeton Review.

Take practice test each week for several weeks and review your score and what you need help in.

This leads up to ther real test so your child is practiced and on target what test is taken.

Thanks Beachwhistle, I will look into it.

In what area(s) of the test does she need help?   If it's the reading or writing portion I have a recommendation for you.  Local to Dix/McGuire too.

Format:

Critical Reading: 200-800 

Writing: 200-800

Math: 200-800

Essay (included in Writing score)

In what area(s) of the test does she need help?   If it's the reading or writing portion I have a recommendation for you.  Local to Dix/McGuire too.

Format:

Critical Reading: 200-800 

Writing: 200-800

Math: 200-800

Essay (included in Writing score)

HI Big- I am fairly close to Dix/Mcguire- thanks!

Going back a bit. I'm not sure if they still do this.

When 1600 was limit. I started taking the tests my freshman year. For an extra fee they would send you your test and the correct answers.

Went from 960 to 13 sumtin.

A lot of it back then was stupid mistakes, or bogging down on a tricky one.

Like dems voting, and voting often, test often.

I don't remember studying for the SAT so no help there. They did give us the PSAT and I think the teachers may have given us some coaching for a day or two.

I got study guides for the FE but not the PE. Never made it through a practice test in time so I was worried. I got through all professional exams in 3 to 4 runs. I answer 0 to 30 second questions on the first run and rate the unanswered questions 1-5 based on difficulty and time required, go back through and knock out each successive level. When I took the FE I smoked. A little into my third run I wanted a cigarette and I decided to count my answers (they were all correct at that point). Decided I had enough to pass and got up and left LOL. There were a couple hundred people there and I was the first one out. Yummy, cigarette! Joke was on me in the afternoon. I thought the law exam was open book, it wasn't. I got a 70 on law which was minimum passing grade LOL.

Of course these were all pass/fail exams, not like the SAT where every point always counts. I've done about 4 of them.

I don't remember studying for the SAT so no help there. They did give us the PSAT and I think the teachers may have given us some coaching for a day or two.

I got study guides for the FE but not the PE. Never made it through a practice test in time so I was worried. I got through all professional exams in 3 to 4 runs. I answer 0 to 30 second questions on the first run and rate the unanswered questions 1-5 based on difficulty and time required, go back through and knock out each successive level. When I took the FE I smoked. A little into my third run I wanted a cigarette and I decided to count my answers (they were all correct at that point). Decided I had enough to pass and got up and left LOL. There were a couple hundred people there and I was the first one out. Yummy, cigarette! Joke was on me in the afternoon. I thought the law exam was open book, it wasn't. I got a 70 on law which was minimum passing grade LOL.

Of course these were all pass/fail exams, not like the SAT where every point always counts. I've done about 4 of them.

Are you implying you passed the LSAT or whatever the equivalent was? It's irrelevant because you're almost 175 years old.

I took SATs almost 20 years ago, so as irrelevant as my input is, my parents signed me up for Kaplan. I gained 80 points on the 1600 point version. The repetition of taking the test is what's helpful. They give you old tests, which have very similar questions to the current exam.