fishnut

Stolen valor???

So my psycho FIL (skip) bought a new used truck a few months ago. Yesterday I had to drive my MIL home and saw the truck up close for the first time. The piece of shit skip bought the truck from a Vietnam vet and did not take off the Vietnam vet sticker off the tailgate. In years past skip has told me and my brother stories of combat in Vietnam and how he was a paratrooper. The asshole does not know that his wife gave my wife copy of all of his service records and he was a mechanic in the army and never left Colorado, he's also not even old enough to have served in vietnam. I don't really care about his bullshit stories but this sticker really pissed me off. What do you guys think does this fall under stolen Valor? Who should I contact? Or should I just spread the word at the local VFW?

• Like 2

Personally, if you go beyond maybe just taking the sticker off yourself - if you are that incensed about it - speak to him - think of the drama that will ensue with your wife if you get the FIL really jammed up?Sou

sounds like you got a hard one for the ole man. :(

last time we talked he attacked me and tried to punch me in the face and my wife has not spoken to him in years. So I'm not worried about drama and yes I do have a hard on for him I'd like to fuck him over any way I can. I can not go on his property and remove the sticker my self I would be arrested or that would have already been done.

Maybe I'm taking it to personally, my adopted father is a Vietnam vet. I just gave a heads up to a vietnam vet in the same town as Skip, who is going over to the VFW to discuss with the other members. They have the address and will do what they see fit.

He might be an ass, but dude ... its a sticker on a truck he bought from someone else. Whoever sold it could have removed it if they cared.

owner dies and he bought it from his disabled widow so no they could not have removed the sticker them selves

If someone tries to punch me in the face, I'm going to punch them in the face. This guy seems like he is a 1st class 4$$#013.

only reason I dident punch him is he is in full blown kidney failure, has cancer and has a permant hernia. If I hit him I'd probably kill him. But yes your on the right track he is a first class scum bag

Looking at the posts and not taking sides. I would say you did the right thing with mentioning it to A member of the VFW. Let that take the road to where it leads.   As to the personal issues, Theres nothing I can offer to you on them.    You say above that hes not in the best health, could be it just didnt cross his mind in the way it did for you.

Stolen Valor is A hotspot for Vets and their Families.    As A Vet myself, Thats the best I can offer for you.

Put a hillary sticker over it.

Edit - even better - a Gay pride one (if you want some I got 'em free and I'll give it to you)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KEBXO0C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BEST IDEA yet!    -it may take days before he even notices it. 

only reason I dident punch him is gmhe is in full blown kidney failure, has cancer and has a permant hernia.

Perhaps karma has already caught up with him.

• Like 3

Nothing to report and no one to report for "Stolen Valor". It's only a crime to claim military affiliation and/or honors that aren't yours if you profit from the false claims.

Otherwise it's a just 1st amendment issue.

Stop wasting your time that could be better spent doing something else on the musing of an old, evil, sick man and live your life. Karma will claim its due without your help.

• Like 7

Sadly this is a frequent occurrence with some people. 45-50 years ago these same people were nowhere to be found. For every guy who was really in country there are 13 claiming to have been there with most claiming wildly extensive combat records. Now that the country embraces our military these clowns come out of the woodwork. If you really did see the things that they proclaim you spend most of your life trying to forget it rather then brag about it. Screw him and move on it's his lie to live with.

• Like 1

Nothing to report and no one to report for "Stolen Valor". It's only a crime to claim military affiliation and/or honors that aren't yours if you profit from the false claims.

Otherwise it's a just 1st amendment issue.

Stop wasting your time that could be better spent doing something else on the musing of an old, evil, sick man and live your life. Karma will claim its due without your help.

and that's why I asked here. I was not sure of the definition of stolen valor. Thanks.

Maybe I'm taking it to personally, my adopted father is a Vietnam vet. I just gave a heads up to a vietnam vet in the same town as Skip, who is going over to the VFW to discuss with the other members. They have the address and will do what they see fit.

Take a deep breath and let it go.  Feel free to vent here as long as you'd like.  If he's truly a POS then don't waste your time or energy worrying about him.  

• Like 2

I still say slap a killary sticker or obooboo sticker on his car.  

Sounds like the guy has a hard on for Fishnut so it ain't worth dealing with any bullshit that would ensue. 

• Like 1

If he belongs to the VFW I would have a talk with the commander of his post.

If he never left CO in the Army he can't join the VFW. You have to serve in a combat zone to join the VFW. Not necessarily in combat but in a combat zone.

He might be an ass, but dude ... its a sticker on a truck he bought from someone else.  Whoever sold it could have removed it if they cared.

I agree with Vlad. I'm a Vietnam Vet but I'm not into stickers on vehicles, baseball caps, jackets or anything advertising that. I've encountered phonies at different times and if the setting was appropriate I've outed them. Sometimes to their face, sometimes just to my friends who were present.

It's not someone's fault if they joined the Army and wound up fixing trucks in CO. I know one guy who was in Vietnam and has all kinds of stories about patrolling and ambushes. Claims he was a sergeant. I found out he was a SP4 radio teletype operator. Not the kind of job where they yank you out of it and turn you into an infantryman.

As for me, I wasn't a special operator or dodging bullets everyday. I did fire a few shots on occasion though.

oh man if his house wasn't right next to the police Staton and across the street from a gas station that has security cameras all over I would love to do this!

Darkness is your friend.

Ahhhh, let it go. Let him rot away....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he never left CO in the Army he can't join the VFW. You have to serve in a combat zone to join the VFW. Not necessarily in combat but in a combat zone.

Funny thing, I was in the navy during the Viet Nam era and got a letter from the VFW to join them after my first cruise............it was to Bermuda.

Funny thing, I was in the navy during the Viet Nam era and got a letter from the VFW to join them after my first cruise............it was to Bermuda.

Probably just a mass mailing. Check requirements on their website. Sailors are eligible if they served in "hostile waters". All those sailors that patrolled off shore in hostile wars all eligible even if they never fired a shot. You never had to set foot on foreign soil.