capt14k

JISCO had Property Stolen

I posted this in the Rullo for Governor Thread but I think it deserves it's own thread.

You want an example of corruption in this state. Fortune 500 companies along with local and state politicians have managed to steal the land from a family business. JISCO in Jamesburg NJ was forced off their property, had their property stolen, and have received $0 compensation. It is so corrupt that there was a $108,000 line of credit on the property that was paid off by someone. They changed the locks in the middle of the night and had round the clock security while they were allowed to remove what they had left.

JISCO is a small family business started by Donald Jones who is now deceased. His son and two grandchildren run the business and depend on it for their livelihood. The reason for the removal is because the property is now deemed contaminated. The contamination was from the legal state licensed landfill JISCO ran til the mid 1980s. The same companies that dumped on the property are the ones now going after him. Including the State of NJ dumping toxic debris from Cooks County College.

In the 1990s at their own expense JISCO spent $3M to cap the landfill again all done with NJ DEP and EPA approvals. Now they steal their land and their livelihood under the guise of landfill contamination. JISCO tried going to 101.5, the Trentonian, The Trenton Times, The Star Ledger and they all told him the same thing. We can't run this story or we will lose our jobs. 3 years ago a new female reporter at The Home News ran a story. 3 days later she was fired. This is NJ corruption at its best.

What would it hurt to continue to let JISCO run their office and park their trucks on the property. Today they dump their containers at the state run landfills. Nothing is dumped on the property today. The reason for stealing the land seems to be because Herbert owns the land across the street and wants to build a $65M Residential Development. Also a company Matrix is looking to build a commercial retail and office space on the adjacent property. I hope this story spreads. The Jones' are good people who are getting screwed.

Jamesburg / Monroe area is the center of NJ State Corruption. Richard Pucci ran Monroe as the mayor for 28yrs. When Christie was US Attorney and going after public officials for corruption Pucci was near the top of his list. As soon as Christie thought about running for governor all talk of Pucci disappeared because he needed his support in Middlesex County. The Feds were still investigating but all seemed to come to an abrupt end when the Code Official Ron Appleby ran out the back door of the building dept as the FBI was coming in the front. Appleby went home and shot himself through the heart with a shotgun. I could go on and on about corruption in this area. The Bottomline is corruption has reared it's ugly head and is hurting a hard working family. They have an appeal hearing January 11th in Trenton.

JISCO ial was instrumental in polluting the aquifer in South Brunswick and Monroe Townships, NJ during the 70s. The company was illegally dumpling cancer causing chemicals for decades which finally leached into the water supply. There is so much more that lead up to this than the statement above. 

People became sick even died. Well water turned to a brown rust color and carried an unimaginable stench. Don Jones decided to take the money, screw people and the environment. The JISCO landfill is listed as one of the most polluted super fund sites in the state.  In Our Water documentary tells it from the beginning. Watch it and know, Don Jones made the choice to line his pockets and this was the outcome.

Look deeper, things like this don’t happen overnight. I know, I lived it and that sadly, it took the EPA 40 years to close that property down. Finally my father has peace.

Kaler, Kordus and Cecenti families.

Many thanks to Meg Switzgable. 

• Crazy 1