Teky0101

Military Grade Watch?

I bought a Marathon watch years ago, it said "US Government" on it and was supposedly standard issue to the US armed forces at some point.  It broke pretty quickly.  I've been wearing a $60 Gshock for over 5 years, have gone diving with it and subjected it to much abuse, and have not had a single problem.  So yeah, go with a Gshock -- pick anyone that strikes your fancy.

you must be talking about cops...lol, I don't know a single guy that has used a rolex in theater

absolutely agree on g-shock, which is more prevalent in the general grade rank and file but most of the ussocom guys were using standard dials after the suuntos and pathfinders (issued to all mscoc pre-2010) were proven to be too delicate for abuse.

Definitely not cops. Definitely used in theater. ;)

G-Shocks are top notch. I have one with solar, atomic time, temp, etc.... Was a $600 watch when I got it. It never fails. One of my favs.

Luminox are awesome and I have a few of them. But I got tired of sending them in for batteries at their crazy prices which includes batteries and pressurizing. Hence, solar is the best.

Note about the weather watches. As mentioned above, they can be finicky. But what I guess most people don't realize is, you are not suppose to be wearing them when taking readings. Suppose to let them sit at your camp or whatever. If readings are still off, there are instructions for calibrating them. EZ Peezy....

My G-Shock has temp and as long as its not on my arm, it is fairly accurate. Keep in mind that unless you are right next to a thermometer, it still might not show equal temps. I have a weather station that I've been running in my town since 2001. (WXWP-NJ)... you cannot get people to realize that the NY news mostly use Central Park for their broadcast. Try convincing someone that the temp in your backyard may not be the same. [emoji6] Well same for different areas of your property or even your room.

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Rolex my grandfather bought in korea(during Vietnam). Does that make me a top tier operator?

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Edit I swapped countries

I bought a Marathon watch years ago, it said "US Government" on it and was supposedly standard issue to the US armed forces at some point.  It broke pretty quickly.  I've been wearing a $60 Gshock for over 5 years, have gone diving with it and subjected it to much abuse, and have not had a single problem.  So yeah, go with a Gshock -- pick anyone that strikes your fancy.

is it possible you bought a knock off?  They are warranted for life and have a stellar reputation.  I have two, one for diving and one that has sentimental merit given our travels together :)

My Seiko automatic works better than my TAG auto.

Same here. I have a Tag aquagraph and 3 Seiko dive watches. I consider the Seikos Japanese Rolexes. A Hack movement is requirement for a military watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go with a standard G-Shock that can be had for around $200. No need to spend any more than that. Try to get something with a backlight if you'd like to be able to tell time quickly in low-light. Anyone that has ever tried to read a tritium or luminous analog dial in complete darkness knows what I mean. All other functions are better left to a smartphone, GPS, etc..

Contrary to popular belief, a G-Shock digital that syncs with a GPS will keep time much better than any automatic or quartz watch out there, at any price. Rolex's are nice, but you'd pretty much be wearing a reflector that keeps so-so time on your wrist.

After wearing anologs exclusively it's pretty easy to tell time in dark with the luminox. Its no different then my sieko which only has a 12 on it and notches for every hour.

If you need more functionality then a g shock is the ticket.

Same here. I have a Tag aquagraph and 3 Seiko dive watches. I consider the Seikos Japanese Rolexes. A Hack movement is requirement for a military watch.

Seiko headquarters is also right in Mahwah if you ever have issuea, good CS too.

My two solar G-Shocks have been through a lot - dunked in concrete, hammered, smashed one between a scissor lift cage and an I beam (yeah that hurt), plenty of water testing, any type of construction you can think of really and they keep on ticking. Never any water penetration issues and although plenty of scratches on the watch face itself, they keep going. One has two mode buttons stuck from concrete. I love them and have a bunch for work and a few for personal.

The casio g shock. I got tired of re buying them. Ive gone through four of them in about a ten year period. Mostly busted crystals. They are a large watch. Which leads them to get stuck on stuff. I gave up on them years ago. I now use the casio forester. 25$. Replace it every two years. Then again. Most people dont do the stuff i do everyday.

The casio g shock. I got tired of re buying them. Ive gone through four of them in about a ten year period. Mostly busted crystals. They are a large watch. Which leads them to get stuck on stuff. I gave up on them years ago. I now use the casio forester. 25$. Replace it every two years. Then again. Most people dont do the stuff i do everyday.

Ahhhhhh, come on.... you are just rough on watches! Lmao... [emoji23]

Yes. In my work. Were rough on everything. Thats why i gave up on the g shock. Also. When the batteries go on them and you have them replaced. Ive never found them to be waterproof again.

Thats why I went solar... never misses a beat!

Here is mine posing. My fav of all!

45234d841de404fa38d1e2b24f743de9.jpg

Solar? Really. What kind.

D. Digz. Nice. Pulled it out of his ass. Niiiice.

Casio G-Shock.... GWA1000

Mine is discontinued for newer models but Casio has a lot of options. Mine has the usual chrono stuff along with temp, atomic clock, solar charge, sleep mode, etc.

I haven't had to do anything to it in years. Set it up first day, then that's it. Must of had it a least 4+ years already. I love this thing. Gets a lot of compliments.

http://archive.casio.com/products/archive/Watches/G-Shock/GWA1000D-1A

Damn this thread now I am looking at watches, you guys suck! :haha:

I have a Rolex my grandfather bought in Vietnam(during korea). Does that make me a top tier operator?

Yes and you must get this shirt!

Bitch_I_Operate_Front_Mockup_3600_Milita

Lol.... it would be nice big display for your aging eyes...... lol... mine too

Actually, digital is harder for me to recognize from arms length where my G-Shock being analog, (plus it glows in the dark, lol), is easier because our brain early on, once we learn to tell time, enables quicker recognition without thinking about what hands are on what number.

You can tell by just position of the hands.

After years of having analog vs digital, I decided I can tell time faster with analog. I bet if you experiment, you'll agree.

Have 2 victorinox and a luminox.

The quartz victorinox chrono classic is great. Sapphire crystal and accurate. Eats a battery every two years.

Luminox I love the tritium illumination when running the boat offshore at night.

Victorinox airboss automatic is under the Christmas tree.