NJGF

Contact Your Assembly Representatives To Oppose Revoking Christie's Justifiable Need Changes

Roll call results for SCR117/ACR205

Assembly -

Session Voting:
Sen.    10/20/2016  -  3RDG FINAL PASSAGE   -  Yes {22}  No {15}  Not Voting {3}    -  Roll Call
Asm.  12/19/2016  -  SUBSTITUTE FOR ACR205   -  Yes {0}  No {0}  Not Voting {80}  Abstains {0}  -  Voice Vote Passed
Asm.  12/19/2016  -  3RDG FINAL PASSAGE   -  Yes {45}  No {32}  Not Voting {3}  Abstains {0}  -  Roll Call

Andrzejczak, Bob - No Auth, Robert - No Barclay, Arthur - Yes   Benson, Daniel R. - Yes Bramnick, Jon M. - No Brown, Chris A. - No   Bucco, Anthony M. - No Burzichelli, John J. - No Caputo, Ralph R. - Yes   Caride, Marlene - Yes Carroll, Michael Patrick - No Chaparro, Annette - Yes   Chiaravalloti, Nicholas - Yes Ciattarelli, Jack M. - No Clifton, Robert D. - No   Conaway, Herb, Jr. - Yes Coughlin, Craig J. - Not Voting Dancer, Ronald S. - No   Danielsen, Joe - Yes DeAngelo, Wayne P. - Yes DeCroce, BettyLou - No   DiMaio, John - No Downey, Joann - Yes Egan, Joseph V. - Yes   Eustace, Tim - Yes Giblin, Thomas P. - Yes Gove, DiAnne C. - No   Green, Jerry - Yes Greenwald, Louis D. - Yes Gusciora, Reed - Yes   Handlin, Amy H. - No Holley, Jamel C. - Yes Houghtaling, Eric - Yes   Howarth, Joe - No Jasey, Mila M. - Yes Jimenez, Angelica M. - Yes   Johnson, Gordon M. - Yes Jones, Patricia Egan - Yes Karabinchak, Robert J. - Yes   Kean, Sean T. - No Kennedy, James J. - Yes Lagana, Joseph A. - Yes   Lampitt, Pamela R. - Yes Land, R. Bruce - No Mazzeo, Vincent - Yes   McGuckin, Gregory P. - No McKeon, John F. - Yes McKnight, Angela V. - Yes   Moriarty, Paul D. - Yes Mosquera, Gabriela M. - Yes Mukherji, Raj - Yes   Munoz, Nancy F. - No Muoio, Elizabeth Maher - Yes O'Scanlon, Declan J., Jr. - No   Oliver, Sheila Y. - Yes Peterson, Erik - No Phoebus, Gail - No   Pinkin, Nancy J. - Yes Pintor Marin, Eliana - Yes Prieto, Vincent - Yes   Quijano, Annette - Not Voting Rible, David P. - No Rodriguez-Gregg, Maria - No   Rooney, Kevin J. - No Rumpf, Brian E. - No Russo, David C. - No   Schaer, Gary S. - Yes Schepisi, Holly - No Singleton, Troy - Not Voting   Space, Parker - No Sumter, Shavonda E. - Yes Taliaferro, Adam J. - No   Tucker, Cleopatra G. - Yes Vainieri Huttle, Valerie - Yes Watson, Blonnie R. - Yes   Webber, Jay - No Wimberly, Benjie E. - Yes Wisniewski, John S. - Yes   Wolfe, David W. - No Zwicker, Andrew - Yes

Senate -

Session Voting:
Sen.    10/20/2016  -  3RDG FINAL PASSAGE   -  Yes {22}  No {15}  Not Voting {3}    -  Roll Call

Oroho, Steven V. - NoPennacchio, Joseph - No Pou, Nellie - YesRice, Ronald L. - YesRuiz, M. Teresa - Not Voting Sacco, Nicholas J. - YesSarlo, Paul A. - YesScutari, Nicholas P. - Yes Singer, Robert W. - NoSmith, Bob - YesStack, Brian P. - Yes Sweeney, Stephen M. - YesThompson, Samuel D. - NoTurner, Shirley K. - Yes Van Drew, Jeff - Not VotingVitale, Joseph F. - YesWeinberg, Loretta - Yes Whelan, Jim - Yes

March 6, 2017 - This afternoon, Governor Christie announced that his administration has formally adopted his historic 2016 police regulations incrementally expanding right-to-carry to those facing serious threats, notwithstanding a series of procedural maneuvers by anti-gun lawmakers trying to kill those regulations since May of last year.

Outraged by even the slightest change empowering citizens to protect themselves, anti-gun lawmakers last year fast-tracked bills to kill the new regulations before they were even formally adopted. An obscure provision of the New Jersey Constitution allows the legislature to unilaterally invalidate regulations which conflict with legislative intent.

But the legislature has never expressed any intent over what precisely constitutes "justifiable need" to carry a handgun - that has been interpreted by the State Supreme Court, and the new Christie regulations are entirely consistent with that interpretation. Also, the legislature failed to comply with key technical requirements needed to invalidate the regulation, dooming their effort to failure.

"We applaud Governor Christie for adopting this new regulation despite the efforts of anti-gun lawmakers to kill it," said ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. "The Right to Bear Arms necessarily includes the right to self-defense with a firearm outside the home. Although 43 states recognize that right, New Jersey remains one of a handful of backward states that apparently prefer their citizens to be victims - except for legislators, who themselves enjoy the armed protection of State House security details. New Jersey's days denying right to carry to its citizens are numbered."

Police owe no duty to protect individual citizens - a troubling doctrine repeatedly affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court. That means citizens are on their own in an emergency, yet those wishing to take responsibility for their own safety are blocked from doing so by New Jersey's absurdly and unconstitutionally restrictive carry law. In the era of increasing terror attacks, it is all the more important that citizens be empowered to defend themselves in an emergency. Governor Christie's newly adopted regulations represent an incremental improvement, allowing those facing "serious threats" to qualify.

Very interesting

So interesting I posted it 4 times. Yay me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Smokin .50
      Story should hit the newsstands in this Sunday's paper.  Gave the reporter a 50 minute interview this afternoon on all sorts of EFF'd-Up NJ gun laws, justifiable need & how being KIDNAPPED TWICE by the same Biker Gang wasn't justifiable ENOUGH, Dustin Friedlander (Short Hills Mall), Carol Bowne DV homicide & how she'd be lookin' at 3.5-7 if she had a loaded gun with her in the SUV when her Ex stabbed her, Shaneen Allen arrest w/ permitted hand gun over the boarder, PTI, mandatory minimums, and how even cops have to get a P2P for their off duty gun(s)!  Enough STUPID to fill an entire story by itself.  I hope I'm treated fairly, as I was assured I would be.  I also hope I spoke up well for all of us here on the forum that want to see real changes for the better when it comes to NJ gun laws!
      Rosey
    • By Michael1776
      Michael J. Cino is the Chairman of the Constitutional Carry Coalition - we believe that "justifiable need" should be trashed - Please CALL TEN PEOPLE you know in the 5th Congressional District and ASK THEM TO VOTE FOR MICHAEL J. CINO IN THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY JUNE 7 AgainstTheEstablishment.com
      Then ask them to CALL TEN PEOPLE THEMSELVES

and then ask those TEN to call TEN PEOPLE to Vote for Michael J. Cino in the 5th Congressional District on June 7 - it's the only way we are going to get rid of "justifiable need" and change the gun laws in New Jersey AgainstTheEstablishment.com
    • By mattio41
      Greetings,

I wanted to bring to your attention to a letter writing campaign. The "Justifiable Need" Project has kicked off a a campaign to write to your legislators asking them to support the Citizens Protection Act. Assembly Bill A3931 and Senate bill 1287. Everything is already filled out for you, all you have to do is, find your district, download the letters, sign and physically "Snail Mail" them. 

The goal is to pressure our elected legislators to support our right to self defense, or to put it in writing, why they will not. Once that data is collected, it will be used in future campaigns.

"You may ask, why not just send an email?

That is actually a good question. The answer is that even though email is monitored, it is usually monitored by an intern who, after a few emails with the same subject, may not open or log them but just go ahead and bulk archive them for storage…unread. How likely is it that they will be seen by your Assemblyman or Senator?

“Snail Mail” (USPS), on the other hand, has to be opened, stamped as received, categorized, and logged in. It must then be physically placed into someone’s inbox to be processed".

The page can be found at www.justifiableneed.com/action. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Matthew Andras
      President
      Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners
      www.justifiableneed.com
      www.facebook.com/cnjfo

• By Ramup422
      Daniel Spafford is a Rutgers law school 3L and is slated to become a lawyer in the Spring of 2015. You can read his article in its entirety at www.justifiableneed.com under the "opinions" tab.

It talks about the Shaneen Allen case, the Brian Aitken case and the fight of Albert Almeida that is fighting for carry rights of all in NJ.

• By Ramup422
      We are now entering phase 2 of this #2A campaign for NJ permits to carry gun “rights”. My case is scheduled for the 19th of this month to be heard at Sussex Co. Superior Court. Although I have hired the law firm of @Evannappen, I am confident that Richard Gilbert will present a very good argument on my behalf. Of course there is a 50/50 chance of us prevailing, but I am a realist and I place my odds more at 95/5. The low odds are not because of my case and arguments, but because that is just how NJ rolls on this issue.

We have 2 other good cases pending on this issue in NJ, one is in NJ, and the other one waiting may be heard by SCOTUS. Even though these two other pending cases are strong, they do not have a police reported, documented death threat like it does for my case. For this is the reason why this case must continue to move forward. We must prove that in NJ, regardless if you have a profession that involves large amounts of cash and you fear of becoming a victim to an armed robber, if you are a good, law abiding citizen in NJ that wants a handgun for everyday defense of your life or a loved one, or if you are a person like me that has a documented credible death and robbery threat against you, in NJ you are not afforded your 2A right to defend yourself with a handgun outside of your home.

We must continue litigation against the unjust “Justifiable Need” Admin code in NJ, regardless of how many cases are pending and of the outcome of my case on the 19th, this campaign must continue fighting for us all in NJ and that is my plan.
      Without your support, this may not be possible to continue moving forward and we will allow NJ’s unjust laws to prevail. Please help me fund this litigation so that we all have a chance of winning here.

Even though I am a NRA Life Endowment member and a member of many more gun rights groups like SAF, GOA, NAGR, I have not received any financial support from these groups for this case, this can also be said for other NJ 2nd amendment rights groups in NJ that have not stepped forward and endorsed or supported this campaign for our gun rights.

I have received financial donations and or verbal support from great Americans like you and other professional establishments like @GunforHire @Anthony colandro, I am completely independent in this campaign for now and I am relying on your support in helping this campaign move to the next phase 3

If you donate $100.00 or more, I will send you a free one day guest pass to Woodland Park at gun for hire shooting range.
      RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH ME, or get out of my way because we are growing stronger each day!
      Thank you all that have and will continue to support this battle, Albert Almeida battling for NJ CCW 2A Rights and Liberties
      Please visit me at: http://www.gofundme.com/Fighting-for-NJ-CCW