Sign in to follow this  
Lambo2936

Original Tavor (upgraded) vs New X95

Yeah they only offer black and tan, no?

I purchased a Ruger RPR so ill have to hold off for a bit on the tavor but unless a great deal pops up i think im going to pick one up. Worst case scenario i eat crap on a few hundred bucks.

Yeah they only offer black and tan, no?

I purchased a Ruger RPR so ill have to hold off for a bit on the tavor but unless a great deal pops up i think im going to pick one up. Worst case scenario i eat crap on a few hundred bucks.

They offer OD Green as well.

https://www.iwi.us/X95

The trigger on the standard Tavor is, to say the least, lacking. The X95 is supposed to have an upgraded trigger which in my mind, would make it the better buy on that alone.

I've shot both and bought the x95. Much better trigger plus more AR like controls. Couldn't be happier with it. Anybody willing to feed it is more than welcome to try it. That pertains to everybody but one person on here.^^^^

Glad it worked out for you. Very content with mine. May just get rid of a lot of ARs because it does their job splendidly. [emoji57]

When ya wanna go shoot? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The trigger on the standard Tavor is, to say the least, lacking. The X95 is supposed to have an upgraded trigger which in my mind, would make it the better buy on that alone.

The trigger was updated on the SAR to the one that came over with the X95. All new SAR rifles have that new trigger.

Is anyone else using hexmags in their Tavor? I just started to notice that the feed lips on my two hexmags (close to the notch at the rear of the mag) are getting slightly chewed on by the x95. I don't see the same pattern on my Magpul mags. I know that there was an issue with the Canadian Tavor and Magpul mags getting chewed up but I've never heard of any issues with US Tavors and magazine problems. I'll try to post a picture or two when I get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screwball, do you know what they did to the trigger pack to make it a better pull?

Nope, but they standardized on one when the X95 was released due to the earlier complaints. Might have been a little earlier, like when they started shipping PMAGs with the rifles.

I do have one from my SAR, which is the updated the design. All I can say is the Geissele pack and trigger make it a lot better... even if it was an improvement.