KMA4626

how to use my 4 pistol permits?

ok so let me start by saying i dont make a ton of money. i am trying to find some pistols preferably in the 600 or less range but I don't mind saving up a bit for something nice either. I probably wouldn't spend more than 850 on anything since I owe a ton on my credit cards after xmas. I'm open for suggestions for all of them except the first since I already ordered one. heres what I'm thinking so far:

1. smith and Wesson m&p 40

this one I know I am getting for sure. I have always loved shooting .40 and I just love the look and feel of this gun.

2. a semi auto .22, maybe an s&w m&p again?

I really want a semi auto 22 that could potentially be a good suppressor host if the safe hearing act gets passed (fingers crossed). nothing beats a gun with cheap ammo either.

3. used glock 19 frame

this is purely because like I said I don't have a ton of money so I would like to buy a frame and get the upper portion at a later date. I am not the hugest fan of glocks which is why this one isn't a must its just a cheap option of how I could use a permit and end up with a pretty good gun later down the line.

4. something with a little more kick maybe a revolver?

I always enjoy shooting stuff with lots of recoil.. and I also love revolvers. idk I'm totally stumped.

.357 Revolver if you don't have one already. Under $500 Ruger Service Six. You want something really nice without spending thousands Surplus MR73. Allan's Armory usually has them for under $1,200.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ummmm, pay off your credit cards.  Can always get more permits.

This is much smarter than buying $1,500 worth of guns

If you must -- buy 1 pistol and let the other 3 permits burn -

and I'll save you the trouble of wasting your time on anything else -- 1911 in .45 acp 

• Like 1

Ummmm, pay off your credit cards.  Can always get more permits.

and I'll save you the trouble of wasting your time on anything else -- 1911 in .45 acp 

+10^6 on a decent (depending on your budget) 1911 in .45acp

And esp on getting debt free asap

Agreed.

The gun is the cheap part, what are you going to feed it?

I hate credit card debt more than I like guns. Pay off bills. Buy one gun. Colt is coming put with revolvers. $699 MSRP on the first announced Cobra 38 snubbie. Other configurations on the way. Sure there will be a 4 inch 357 configuration.

I would pay off all debt and save up for a nice Colt revolver. Pay cash for it.

yeah the cc debt is pretty shitty. i suppose paying them and then getting significantly better pistols later would probably make me happier in the long run. i would love to get a 1911 but i would want a really nice one since i grew up drooling over my gpas old service pistol from ww2. i may let them burn since they are only 2 bucks each as much as it will kill me, however i may keep my eyes peeled for a decent 357 revolver on gunbroker since ive seen some on there for like 300.

I don't enjoy telling people what to do with their money, but i agree with most others here that if you really feel you must, go ahead and buy one gun, but get yourself out of debt before buying more. Guns aren't going anywhere, they'll be around to buy when you're debt free and can pay cash for them. That'll be much more fun.

Same principle applies to most things in life, not just guns. Just listen to 10 minutes of the Dave Ramsey Show and you'll never wanna go into debt of any kind again! Lol