Lecky

Beretta tactical 1310

The flaw is the operator not the gun.  Beretta 1301 is a fine firearm. Functions flawlessly every time.  The 1301 Competition (which I prefer) is essentially the same gun and used by 3 gun shooters without problems or complaints.  Don't make me comment on Yeager and his crew.  There are better sources of information, period.

IMHO This is a design problem with the gun. If you accidentally bump that big release you can get the double feed. Not much fun if you need it. You can learn not to go near it but it still could become an issue at the wrong time.

Lucky Gunner has done a couple of video's about this. They also found a company that makes a new stop lever that in theory fixes the problem.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/beretta-1301-tactical-update/

The solution is a new latch and shroud made by Aridus Industries ($60).

http://www.aridusindustries.com/products/yt-1301-latch-and-shroud/

I tried this a few months ago but it didn't seem to work for me. I have to find some time to go back to this and see if I can get it to work properly.

Lucky Gunner has done a couple of video's about this. They also found a company that makes a new stop lever that in theory fixes the problem.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/beretta-1301-tactical-update/

The solution is a new latch and shroud made by Aridus Industries ($60).

http://www.aridusindustries.com/products/yt-1301-latch-and-shroud/

I tried this a few months ago but it didn't seem to work for me. I have to find some time to go back to this and see if I can get it to work properly.

The Aridus doesn't work for you?  There is also another company (Tau Development Group) who makes a fix for this problem

http://taudevgroup.com/1301/ - $15 and carries a warranty if it breaks you get a new one.  I would go with the full coverage one personally.

As long as one of the solutions fixes the issue, this is 100% the next long arm I am purchasing, and when I get out of NJ I can put the mag extension on it too and have 6 or 7+1 - You can get them from Arms Unlimited or Quantico Tactical, shipped to your FFL for $800-850, which is better pricing than I can find from any LGS - even Buds doesn't get under $900 on them.

It is not a flaw. A number of semi-auto shotguns do that, namely most of the ones with the jointed shell release mechanism. That setup buys you some things but it adds this behavior. 

You can choose to not purchase the gun because of this behavior, and I certainly understand it. I run an inertia gun with the same jointed shell release mechanism and I far prefer it. Sure, you can buy a cheaper Mossberg and then throw it away when it breaks in the 12 different ways which they do one actually used hard enough. Or step up to the Benelli design, which doesn't do that if it bothers you. 

Personally if you asked me what I disliked most about the 1301 I wouldn't even consider the "flaw" listed here, my main complaint would be the location and size of the shell release button. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Awesome! 

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

@vladtepes, pics please.   And a range report.

gun ran really well.. way more reliable than my Saiga.. and by way more reliable.. I mean it was literally 100% reliable.. everything down to cheap Winchester ammo ran without any hesitation.. 

I am going to have to buy some even lighter shooting ammo to try to induce failure.. Rio Buckshot pellets center mass at 50 yards 

could do some more in depth testing regarding how well it patterns at distance.. 

first shot out of the gun was a polyshock that was just about dead center at 25 yards.. 

pictures once the extra parts get her.. sad to say.. almost makes me regret owning the Saiga.. mag fed is nice.. but with some practice I could see reloads being pretty quick.. 

the gun is also extremely fast and light.. its like 6.5lbs unloaded.. 

i picked it up brand new for $675 due to a discount that I get on Beretta stuff.. 

• Like 1

^thats a steal a nice piece.   I have a Saiga as well but it's going to be converted and SBS'd. I haven't had it out yet but I'd like to try it before it gets taken apart. 

25 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

^thats a steal a nice piece.   I have a Saiga as well but it's going to be converted and SBS'd. I haven't had it out yet but I'd like to try it before it gets taken apart. 

I had my barrel cut to 14in on my Saiga.. and have a brake pinned.. it is out getting some special work.. and as long as it comes back at some point.. I am still going to get the stamp so I can remove the brake.. 

the saiga will always be fun.. but the Beretta is a thousand times more refined.. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

I had my barrel cut to 14in on my Saiga.. and have a brake pinned.. it is out getting some special work.. and as long as it comes back at some point.. I am still going to get the stamp so I can remove the brake.. 

the saiga will always be fun.. but the Beretta is a thousand times more refined.. 

I'm a big fan of the 1301.  Should serve you well. 

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

@vladtepes, did you try to induce the failure that this thread has shown?

not really.. I knew about it before I bought the gun.. paying the smallest amount of attention kept me from hitting the release.. if it becomes an issue there is a shroud that can go over it.. but I am not sure its as big of a deal as people make it sound.. 

• Like 1

gun ran really well.. way more reliable than my Saiga.. and by way more reliable.. I mean it was literally 100% reliable.. everything down to cheap Winchester ammo ran without any hesitation.. 
I am going to have to buy some even lighter shooting ammo to try to induce failure.. Rio Buckshot pellets center mass at 50 yards 
could do some more in depth testing regarding how well it patterns at distance.. 
first shot out of the gun was a polyshock that was just about dead center at 25 yards.. 
pictures once the extra parts get her.. sad to say.. almost makes me regret owning the Saiga.. mag fed is nice.. but with some practice I could see reloads being pretty quick.. 
the gun is also extremely fast and light.. its like 6.5lbs unloaded.. 
i picked it up brand new for $675 due to a discount that I get on Beretta stuff.. 

I heard Beretta was normally a little stingy with the discounts. Is this something Leo or industry? If you could pm me about it that's be great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On 5/24/2017 at 10:45 AM, Purple Patrick said:

I heard Beretta was normally a little stingy with the discounts. Is this something Leo or industry? If you could pm me about it that's be great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

its an industry partner discount 

not only was the price great.. but they were super easy to deal with directly.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairless_Ape said:

Ya know...the Mossberg 930 SPX is about $400 less w/o the double feed issues, and the 930 HD is $600 less. The only difference being that it has a front bead sight instead of ghost rings.

But, it's not a Beretta 

4 hours ago, Hairless_Ape said:

Ya know...the Mossberg 930 SPX is about $400 less w/o the double feed issues, and the 930 HD is $600 less. The only difference being that it has a front bead sight instead of ghost rings.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

But, it's not a Beretta 

What is crazy is that you can reverse that when it comes to the pump action side of 12 gauge scatter guns.  The 870 Police Magnums and 590A1s are more expensive than the Benelli Super Nova.  

I have the 930HD, but I still want the Beretta 1301.

• Like 1