YankeeSC

Holosun HS503CU $189

Just my 2cents from my experience. There are 2 ways to sell a companies products online. I had 5 online stores before the economy went tits up and I shut down.

I busted my arse to sell things and make a profit. The 2 ways I mentioned were, a) You went through a certified distributor or b) You went directly to the manufacturer. This is the way you become a vendor to sell, just like most brick and mortar stores.

It is hard for small online stores to make money if you are a small one man show like I was. Outfits like Blotach are most of the tome, huge companies that rarely have store fronts and have nothing but huge warehouses.

My preference was 98% to deal with the manufactures and I did. I made a lot of great connections over the years. I even used MAP pricing at times. But I had to sign agreements to stay within percentages. The only time I could cut lower was if they said I could because they let their brick and mortar stores do it for like a holiday or something.

It was a bitch to make money. Under these conditions and to try compete with other onliners or stores, I had to border the lowest price I could and hope I could profit by selling high quantity.

IF the rules were followed, no harm no foul. But the manufacturers had to be diligent and make sure you stuck to their agreement.

It only takes on brick and mortar to complain back to the manufacturer and they will give you a warning. They'd rather lose you then lose possibly a national account.

One time I mistyped a price. It was quickly adjusted after a warning.

Imho, you don't make it big unless you are like OpticPlanet and have the funds to do it. But the rules are the rules. I sold a lot of things before they were popular in big stores. Once they got what I had to sell, I lost business and decided to shut down. Big brick and mortar stores get better wholesale tier pricing and smaller stores get pricing just below the big guy. If the manufacturers do not care about their retail prices and lets retail vendors under cut everyone else, that is what hurts everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just my 2cents from my experience. There are 2 ways to sell a companies products online. I had 5 online stores before the economy went tits up and I shut down.

I busted my arse to sell things and make a profit. The 2 ways I mentioned were, a) You went through a certified distributor or b) You went directly to the manufacturer. This is the way you become a vendor to sell, just like most brick and mortar stores.

It is hard for small online stores to make money if you are a small one man show like I was. Outfits like Blotach are most of the tome, huge companies that rarely have store fronts and have nothing but huge warehouses.

My preference was 98% to deal with the manufactures and I did. I made a lot of great connections over the years. I even used MAP pricing at times. But I had to sign agreements to stay within percentages. The only time I could cut lower was if they said I could because they let their brick and mortar stores do it for like a holiday or something.

It was a bitch to make money. Under these conditions and to try compete with other onliners or stores, I had to border the lowest price I could and hope I could profit by selling high quantity.

IF the rules were followed, no harm no foul. But the manufacturers had to be diligent and make sure you stuck to their agreement.

It only takes on brick and mortar to complain back to the manufacturer and they will give you a warning. They'd rather lose you then lose possibly a national account.

One time I mistyped a price. It was quickly adjusted after a warning.

Imho, you don't make it big unless you are like OpticPlanet and have the funds to do it. But the rules are the rules. I sold a lot of things before they were popular in big stores. Once they got what I had to sell, I lost business and decided to shut down. Big brick and mortar stores get better wholesale tier pricing and smaller stores get pricing just below the big guy. If the manufacturers do not care about their retail prices and lets retail vendors under cut everyone else, that is what hurts everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true indeed....Shit I've been going to Cheyenne mountain outfitters since I was a kid and I love to go back and buy stuff from them...They have served my whole family for years. Small stores like that know how to keep customer. That's the reason I slapped Botach and OP for all the local stores trying to make it.

I can destroy one and do a write up if people want. No doubt it will do well, I've had one for a few years and think it's the best of the non aimpoints IMHO. Hell, I already have one rifle at over 3 K steel and recently froze it...lol...just getting started:)[

Thanks bro glad you like it. Nice to have real Shooters positive feedback... I like when some say how they're going to beat the s*** out of a sight or a piece of equipment and they just shoot from a bench

yeah no, I've had a few in my life that I did everything but run a truck over.  My only advice is to wear glasses when dumping sand into the action while firing:)

I've never actually tried to outright abuse an optic but I'll do

maybe i should set up a gofundme for a holosun and pro optics for the forum and destroy them side by side doing various tests

MAP is Minimum Advertised Price... it's instituted to keep the playing field level.

I know what the term is I was wondering what the dollar amount was because it appears 189 is below it.  

wow that was way below. 

Tells you that the markup is pretty good for the retailer...

If Botach and optics planet can sell them for $189 you gotta figure they're paying $150 or less per unit

We have to pay at least $275 because the manufacturer says so? --  not me -- rather spend another hundred and get an Aimpoint