DirtyDigz

Speed camera ticket from MD - can it affect a NJ registration?

Delaware River Toll Bridge Commission has begun photographing all vehicles passing through toll plazas.  Hear all toll roads in NJ will soon follow. Big Brother is watching.  How they are going to process all that data who knows.

32 minutes ago, T Bill said:

Delaware River Toll Bridge Commission has begun photographing all vehicles passing through toll plazas.  Hear all toll roads in NJ will soon follow. Big Brother is watching.  How they are going to process all that data who knows.

Aren't they doing that anyway, in re: EasyPass?  

49 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

9 month update - I haven't received anything mailed in months.  Applied for, was approved for and closed on a mortgage/home purchase.  Credit score was still over 800 last time the lender shared it with me.

So far MD has been all bark and zero bite.

Hopefully, the property is *away* from the PRNJ!  :D

On 6/17/2017 at 8:46 PM, HBecwithFn7 said:

Aren't they doing that anyway, in re: EasyPass?  

high powered ir lights either side of the plates should "blind" the cameras, although i dunno for sure. wear face covering nose down and sunglasses. :)

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

high powered ir lights either side of the plates should "blind" the cameras, although i dunno for sure. wear face covering nose down and sunglasses. :)

I don't know if facial disguises would matter, as the usually go after the registered owner, first, right? Is is not up to them to prove the weren't the driver?

26 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I don't know if facial disguises would matter, as the usually go after the registered owner, first, right? Is is not up to them to prove the weren't the driver?

possibly, though it should be up to the courts/pd/prosecutor to prove just who was driving. that said.....high power ir led's. constantly on. should screw with the digigal camera. don't think there's a law against those....just physically obscuring the plates.

My wife and I were nailed by one of those Maryland cameras for speeding in a school zone on Dec 26 (No kids were in school). She's a lawyer in the city and said the way the camera tickets are written (maybe civil vs criminal) makes fighting it pointless unless you make your way down. 

that was i think one of the arguments against nj's redlight cameras. they weren't there to enhance anyones safety...they were just there for revenue generation. the fines were set at the point they were to make it not worth ones time to fight them.

btw.....get ready for the butt reaming when murphy puts them back in action, along with speed cameras.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

1 year checkpoint.  Still paid nothing, still see zero repercussions for not paying other than losing my ability to register a car in Maryland. 

I wonder if you can rent a car in MD.

46 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I would just check and see if you have any Warrants in MD.  You never know and if you end up getting pulled over and somehow it makes it into NJs system, you might get a roadside rogering.

It’s my understanding that civil complaints cannot result in warrants.  

Anyway, how do you check to see if you have any active warrants?  Check in with the local police station?

6 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

It’s my understanding that civil complaints cannot result in warrants.  

Anyway, how do you check to see if you have any active warrants?  Check in with the local police station?

The police station would be a start, but I suspect you'd just get the run-around.    There are services, but the fees are more than a ticket.   I think all the "free" services are scams, but it's been some years since I tried those things.

If civil complaints can't trigger a failure to appear warrant or somesuch, you're probably fine.   Not knowing would bug me, but then paying to find out would be worse than the stupid ticket in the first place.

6 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

1 year checkpoint.  Still paid nothing, still see zero repercussions for not paying other than losing my ability to register a car in Maryland. 

would that qualify as your registration privilege being revoked or suspended there? 'cause you know those questions are on your nj renewal........