Why would he or she be hounded endlessly? I've seen several people in PA open carry and no one was hounding them. Or is that just for "successful Americans" who can't figure out how to start their lawn mower

8 years all over the eastern half of the state, never been bothered. Had scores of state and local cops see it and never an issue if that's what you mean.

In Philly they (think they) can ask for a permit and might, and might not always be nice about it but you'll be fine. If your permit does not have reciprocity then you cannot carry in public in Philly, not even open carry (state law). Non-reciprocal permit only covers you in the car, no permit required for open carry outside of Philly but still need something for the car.

8 years all over the eastern half of the state, never been bothered. Had scores of state and local cops see it and never an issue if that's what you mean.

In Philly they (think they) can ask for a permit and might, and might not always be nice about it but you'll be fine. If your permit does not have reciprocity then you cannot carry in public in Philly, not even open carry (state law). Non-reciprocal permit only covers you in the car, no permit required for open carry outside of Philly but still need something for the car.

So I'm FL resident and FL carry and we have reciprocity so I can carry in Philly I take it.  

Why would he or she be hounded endlessly? I've seen several people in PA open carry and no one was hounding them. Or is that just for "successful Americans" who can't figure out how to start their lawn mower

He's just angry I won't pay him $10/hour to mow my lawn, because the Mexican does a better job than he would, lol.

Op- Mipa is crazy but he knows his home states laws and how they pertain to NJ residents. I have open carried in PA legally and no one ever batted an eye but it was a very rural area and everyone had guns. I'm sure you will get some strange looks in certain areas of PA but as long as your legal who cares. Be polite and courteous if and when the police question you and you shouldn't have a problem. Also remember that your gun is out for everyone to see including the guy who might want to take your gun and use it agenst you. I'd recommend some sort of retention holster

• Like 2

Thanks for the input guys. My buddy is going to be moving into a super rural area so im sure everyone else is carrying and people are used to seeing guns.

He keeps sending me pictures for laughs and giggles basically Mexican carrying all over neighborhood he's moving into and people just say hi and smile.

Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the input guys. My buddy is going to be moving into a super rural area so im sure everyone else is carrying and people are used to seeing guns.

He keeps sending me pictures for laughs and giggles basically Mexican carrying all over neighborhood he's moving into and people just say hi and smile.

Just wanted to make sure.

12% of people carry in PA, "rural area" matters not. I don't live in a rural area overall.

Once a PA resident he will need PA LTCF to transport a handgun in a car (except for exceptions similar to Jersey), to carry concealed, or to carry in any manner in public in Philly. PA residents cannot use out of state licenses for anything. He also must register his car and driver's license within 15 days.

If the OP does not have a carry permit (Resident or Non-Resident) from ANY State then the point of this whole thread is moot.  He's asking if he can bring his handgun to his friend PA home location I'm assuming. Without any more specifics, like many have said it's completely legal to open carry in PA, the issue more lies in the actual transportation to and from your house to your friends house. 

Hey guys,

I am somewhat new to this forum and a new gun owner.

My friend is moving to PA and I'd like to visit him sometimes and I was wondering if anyone had any experience open carrying in PA when coming with a handgun from NJ.