capt14k

Lack of C&R Interest

There are a few here interested in Milsurps. Obviously you are one of them. I have 3 posted Savage No4 original matching no import $500, T99 Kokura original matching no import $300, and M24 Yugo original matching except bolt is off by a few numbers $450. Also going to list FN-49 Colombian matching metal replaced stock $1,000, Maltby No4 Matching Pantograph Error $400, and Finn M28/30 Finn matching bolt, barrel, and butt plate still with Cosmoline $600. Based on GunBroker prices I think they are more than fair.

As to the poster above I just listed these items the last couple days. My point was there is little Milsurp interest in NJ. At least on this forum and the shops I have been to. Most of the dealers can't tell the difference between a Mosin and a Mauser. Not sure why there is such little interest. It is definitely against the norm. Calguns, PAFOA, Oaklahoma Shooters, and many other state specific forums have a much stronger Milsurp interest. I have sold one Milsurp one this forum. I did however sell a black rifle right away yesterday on this forum. Why there is such little interest in Milsurps I do not know.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the T99, I need one and a carcano for my ww2 collection.

I have an Enfield already. Th fn49 interests me too, I only have so much money though.

You're right about NJ gun dealers. Bob's little sport shop had a T55 Chinese mosin listed as a Chinese mauser. No joke. Bob seemed annoyed when I pointed it out to him lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the T99, I need one and a carcano for my ww2 collection.

I have an Enfield already. Th fn49 interests me too, I only have so much money though.

You're right about NJ gun dealers. Bob's little sport shop had a T55 Chinese mosin listed as a Chinese mauser. No joke. Bob seemed annoyed when I pointed it out to him lol

The T99 is a nice honest example. Has been fired without issue. Missing Wings and Mum ground but still very visible. Matching. No import Mark. Was told was a bring back. You won't find a better one at Oaks for less than $300.

Update

It sold on another forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a thought. You guys with the knowledge might put together a few threads educating us unwashed masses on the topic. Many of us know them by name. BUT its a lot like looking at a boat or a muscle car, if you don't know what your really looking at you could end up buying a pile of crap not worth the box it was shipped in. So if someone were to put together informative threads on a specific rifle, what to look for, whats desirable, whats a great price, ok price, and you got fleeced price, these things would be helpful to those looking to start out in milsurps. I for one would appreciate this kind of thread.

• Like 1

Here is a thought. You guys with the knowledge might put together a few threads educating us unwashed masses on the topic. Many of us know them by name. BUT its a lot like looking at a boat or a muscle car, if you don't know what your really looking at you could end up buying a pile of crap not worth the box it was shipped in. So if someone were to put together informative threads on a specific rifle, what to look for, whats desirable, whats a great price, ok price, and you got fleeced price, these things would be helpful to those looking to start out in milsurps. I for one would appreciate this kind of thread.

Not a bad idea. I can go straight autist when it comes to milsurps, maybe I'll write up some posts this weekend

• Like 1

I have

1942 garand

1942 mauser

chinese t53

yugo sks

zastava m57

my old man has (ie i get to play with often)

1943 garand

mosin

k31

nagant revolver

M57

Bulgarian Makarov

so some of us do have interest here.

one of the problems is that NJ kindof sucks with reguard to being a c&r dealer. dad actually had the atf interview about doing it. i think that hurts the hobby as a whole in this state because theres not as many people that specialize in milsurps, and this isnt a dig, but most LGS employees are all about black rifles. I actually got into it with a RO at a range i wont name because he dosnt have enough knowledge to tell x39 and x54r apart... as a freaking RO.

Alot of the populous is either ignorant or indifferent.

That being said guys like me love this stuff, but get lost on dedicated forums ang groups for it, so if anyone of you more knowledgeable guys want to make some threads and spread some knowledge as was sugested above i think thats a great idea.

hey and while were at it one of us has a permit to burn, any sugestions to add to the above list? the only reason i didnt make my own thread is well, lack of interest in c&r on this site.... and weve come full circle.... maby ill go do that....

I have

1942 garand

1942 mauser

chinese t53

yugo sks

zastava m57

1943 garand

mosin

k31

nagant revolver

M57

Bulgarian Makarov

one of the problems is that NJ kindof sucks with reguard to being a c&r dealer. dad actually had the atf interview about doing it. i think that hurts the hobby as a whole in this state because theres not as many people that specialize in milsurps, and this isnt a dig, but most LGS employees are all about black rifles. I actually got into it with a RO at a range i wont name because he dosnt have enough knowledge to tell x39 and x54r apart... as a freaking RO.

That being said guys like me love this stuff, but get lost on dedicated forums ang groups for it, so if anyone of you more knowledgeable guys want to make some threads and spread some knowledge as was sugested above i think thats a great idea.

hey and while were at it one of us has a permit to burn, any sugestions to add to the above list? the only reason i didnt make my own thread is well, lack of interest in c&r on this site.... and weve come full circle.... maby ill go do that....

From what I can see your missing the following handguns

Luger

Nambu

Enfield No2

Lahti L35

Depends what you want to spend. Enfield No2 is the cheapest. Ammo is available for all of them. Nambu is the toughest ammo to find at times. Luger, Lahti, and 1911 will cost the most.

I am an Expert in Finnish Bayonets and Frogs. I am somehwhat of an expert in Finnish Mosins, FN-49 rifles, and Contract Mausers. I have a very good knowledge of Enfields, French MAS, and K98k. If anyone wants any info of those rifles I would be happy to answer questions.

I have

1942 garand

1942 mauser

chinese t53

yugo sks

zastava m57

1943 garand

mosin

k31

nagant revolver

M57

Bulgarian Makarov

You need to shop in my store, I keep milsurps around. I just posted in you other thread about milsurp pistol inventory.

You need to shop in my store, I keep milsurps around. I just posted in you other thread about milsurp pistol inventory.

Where exactly is your store at? What price do you have on the Walter P1? Matching? Issue Markings?

Where exactly is your store at? What price do you have on the Walter P1? Matching? Issue Markings?

You must be on a phone......this is my signature line:

Oak Ridge Firearms -  Guns Bought and Sold - Estates Bought

3050 Route 23 North, Oak Ridge, NJ 07438 - Phone: 973-409-4631

www.oakridgefirearms.com

I'll PM you tomorrow with the details when I'm back in my shop - don't remember off the top of my head.

You must be on a phone......this is my signature line:

Oak Ridge Firearms - Guns Bought and Sold - Estates Bought

3050 Route 23 North, Oak Ridge, NJ 07438 - Phone: 973-409-4631

www.oakridgefirearms.com

I'll PM you tomorrow with the details when I'm back in my shop - don't remember off the top of my head.

Yes Tapatalk doesn't show signatures. I see Oakridge is in another State. On the other side of the Raritan in far Northern NJ. I assume shipping to remixer would always be an option.

Yes Tapatalk doesn't show signatures. I see Oakridge is in another State. On the other side of the Raritan in far Northern NJ. I assume shipping to remixer would always be an option.

I picked up a really nice M39 from Tom. Everything I've gotten from his store has been nice.

Now I just need to find a Bayonet for it. I see them on Ebay going for around $450. Some dude in Finland keeps listing them. There's another from Illinois but the lock button is broke.

I picked up a really nice M39 from Tom. Everything I've gotten from his store has been nice.

Now I just need to find a Bayonet for it. I see them on Ebay going for around $450. Some dude in Finland keeps listing them. There's another from Illinois but the lock button is broke.

Don't buy from Ressu60 or whatever he goes by these days. If you want a nice M/39 Bayonet PM me. They will be the same price but the condition will be much better

• Like 1

That's why I'm happy I got a M38 instead of going the Finnish route... have to get all new accessories for them, and they tend to be expensive.

The M38 shares the same cleaning kit with my PU sniper, and had stripper clips back from my old M44 that I found. I know they are great guns, but I was done with bayonets after the Ishapore No I Mk III bayonet and the Italian M38 folding bayonet. Think it was $500 between the two.

Hell, I'm trying to find a .410 Enfield conversion so I don't need another bayonet. [emoji41]

The Bayonets are a subset all its own. I have a lot more into Finnish Bayonets than I do Finnish rifles. Heck I paid more for my Hackman M/42 bayonet with Scabbard and Frog than than I did for any 3 of my Finnish Rifles (excluding my M/28-76 Rifles).

• Like 1

I'm not interested because people are charging 300 dollars for a 79 dollar Mosin.

You mean, the same folks who are charging $1200 for a $149 M1? Last week at my shop a guy waiting on a NICS told me he actually bought an M1 once for exactly $79.

I actually bought an M38 from Tom at Oakridge too. I have about a dozen M44's all with fold out bayonets. And I think I'm somewhere around 60 91/30's. I was buying crates for a while back in the day.

I actually bought an M38 from Tom at Oakridge too. I have about a dozen M44's all with fold out bayonets. And I think I'm somewhere around 60 19/30's. I was buying crates for a while back in the day.

Have you picked up one of the newly discovered 91/30 with fold out bayonet?

Have you picked up one of the newly discovered 91/30 with fold out bayonet?

No. And I've never seen one. Are they like M44 style on a 91/30? What armory did they come out of?

12 hours ago, DeerSlayer said:

No. And I've never seen one. Are they like M44 style on a 91/30? What armory did they come out of?

According to Gunboards izhevsk. Allegedly prototype removable foldable bayonets on stock 91/30s.

• Like 1