Gunnz

Permit to burn, 9mm revolver

Have a valid permit, always apply for them in multiples. Used the first for a Kahr T9 (which is awesome), and I don't want the other to go to waste (will expire end of feb)

Want to stay within my pistol calibers, 22lr, 22 mag, 9mm, 40 and 45 and 357.

Anyone own or ever shoot a Charter Arms pitpull in 9mm. For some reason I want a 9mm revolver. Rather not go with a Ruger that needs moon clips.

Any ideas?

Any experience with charter arms? Reviews online are all over the place.

Thanks for the info. I've read reviews about bent or twisted barrels. Was hoping to hear the advice of you guys.

Might do a S&W 637.

Just liked the idea of a 9mm.

Have a valid permit, always apply for them in multiples. Used the first for a Kahr T9 (which is awesome), and I don't want the other to go to waste (will expire end of feb)

Want to stay within my pistol calibers, 22lr, 22 mag, 9mm, 40 and 45 and 357.

Anyone own or ever shoot a Charter Arms pitpull in 9mm. For some reason I want a 9mm revolver. Rather not go with a Ruger that needs moon clips.

Any ideas?

RayRay sent his Charter Arms revolver back 3 times for repair due to the same problem (I cant recall what it was). Big NO to Charter Arms. I don't own any wheel guns yet, but first will be a S&W. Love the quality and I had a great customer service experience with my S&W 22A.

LCR 9mm takes Moon Clips, which apparently you dislike.

I rather just NOT have them, that's why I was asking about the charter arms.

LCR 38 vs 637?

What's wrong with moon clips?

1z5i049.jpg

Certainly much better than the "sometimes it works" extraction system of the CA. All you need are the right tools or tool. If you are that hung up on a moon-clipless 9mm revolver, find a 3" or 4" S&W Model 547 - but be prepared to give-up your first born.

S&W just came out with a 2.75" model 986 - moon clips but a viable option.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

What's wrong with moon clips?

1z5i049.jpg

Certainly much better than the "sometimes it works" extraction system of the CA. All you need are the right tools or tool. If you are that hung up on a moon-clipless 9mm revolver, find a 3" or 4" S&W Model 547 - but be prepared to give-up your first born.

S&W just came out with a 2.75" model 986 - moon clips but a viable option.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My wife and I are expecting baby #2 in May, so I have to keep this purchase reasonable.

Might just pick up an 637. Found some really cheap online.

SNIP

Any ideas?

Had a Charter Arms "Pathfinder" many years ago.  This is their revolver in .22LR - mine was in 6" blue, and before they changed the barrel to add a shroud to the ejector rod.  I wanted to like the thing...it was light, looked reasonably well-made, but that's where it ended.  I was newly married and I wanted to interest my wife in some of my hobbies.  Well...I don't think this revolver helped.  The trigger was so-so. the ejector rod dragged, and if/when the fired cartridges stuck in the chamber (which was fairly frequently) I was afraid I was going to bend either the rod or the cylinder crane trying to get them out!  

Think of it this way.  A Charter Arms 'Undercover' - a 5 shot .38 special - lists at $315 at Bud's.  A S&W model 637 - also a .38 snubbie - lists at $389.     For an extra $74, you will get an infinitely better snub-nosed revolver...there's no comparison, really.