Sign in to follow this  
RichP

Intro handgun training for women

Looking for opinions on an introduction training class for a female shooter (to be given as a birthday gift). I see that there is an "NRA Women on Target" class being offered at a local range, but looking for any feedback on whether or not it is worthwhile.

Also, since I have handguns of my own that would like her to use, I would imagine that I would have to accompany my wife to the range for a proper transfer?

Any other gotchas?

Bringing her to the range and trying to teach her myself is not an option, since it seems like any instruction that I ever give results in the complete opposite being done (not to mention the inevitable argument over it). :nono:

If the female in question is also from the Phillipsburg area, you may want to check out Pocono Pistol in Stroudsburg. They run women's classes and events frequently.

I should be there next week. If I remember I'll dig up some info. I don't know anyone who has taken these specifically. I do know it's a women's group similar to SAW.

Pocono Pistol should be much closer for you than GFH. See the Ladies Night description. Private lessons are also available.